Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Draconius GO
View Poll Results: Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?
Yes 7 36.84%
No 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 7th, 2010 (7:12 PM).
Stunningly Handsome
  • Silver Tier

Been lurking thiis thread for a while and to be honest these challenege ideas are...pretty bad. So I sat and did some thinking for something fun so I present to all

The Moveset Challenge

Ok in this challenge you can choose all the pokemon you are going to use(can be a single pokemon or six doesn't really matter) or if you are unsure about who to use you can

A. List types you want to use and pokemon of each type listed will be choosen for you, just specify what evolutionary line you wish to use or

B. Just ask for a randomized team with evolutionary line specifications and/or if you wanna monotype it out.

Also be sure to specify if you want an HM on a certain pokemon if you don't want an HM Slave, who doesnt . With that said yes HM slaves are allowed(max 3). When all that is set and done I, and/or 3 other helpers I will hire, will generate a moveset for you. So mentioning which game you are playing as this is VERY vital to your moveset. The challenge is complete when you bet the E4 on R/B/Y/FR/LG/R/S/E/D/P/Ptm and Red on G/S/C/HG/SS.

What does everyone think :D?!

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 8th, 2010 (7:32 AM).
i'm a shapeshifter
  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
Sounds like the random challenge, but with random moves instead of random Pokemon. I...like it.

challenges | klippy
Old September 8th, 2010 (9:07 AM).
Stunningly Handsome
  • Silver Tier

Yeah that's where the idea pretty much deprived from n n'. I had real fun with the random challenge and got a new favorite pokemon out of it, Zangoose, so I thought we can do random pokemon...why not a generated moveset to spice things up. Player will use moves they otherwise wouldn't use, hopefully. And should be challenging enough, hopefully. Although I'm iffy on the random pokemon thing as that makes it to similar to the random pokemon challenge. So I'm going to be likely leaning towards choose your own pokemon.

Soon as you approve I will get to work on the thread...after work though D:
Old September 8th, 2010 (12:06 PM).
aka Unoringinally Funny

Nature: Relaxed
    I like pick your own pokemon.

How about mixing it with the favorite pokemon challenge.
    Put the pokemon you want in a list, someone random picks numbers. Say 1-18 so you have atleast three different teams.

Then the moves would be genereated for those 6 or whatever many you want?

Please click all on profiles please
    Old September 8th, 2010 (1:32 PM).
    Stunningly Handsome
    • Silver Tier

Yay :D

I have to say no to the favorite pokemon thing though only because I'm trying to make this a stand alone type thing and not a mixture. So I say just have your own pokemon in mind and the moveset will be generated by this form

Random Move-Generator Form

Pokemon Name:
    Moveset Form
    How many level up moves do you want:
    # of TM Moves:
    # of HM Moves:
    # of breedable moves(only if you can obtain this before the E4):
    # of move tutor moves(if applicable):

Some will be obviously left blank and since pokemon can hold four moves it is up to the player to decided upon how they will go about obtaining these moves to make the move generation fair. If this is left blank and the player doesn't care, the movesets will be randomly choosen by examining the pokemons complete movepool..
    Old September 8th, 2010 (3:38 PM).
    i'm a shapeshifter
    • Crystal Tier

Quote:
    I like pick your own pokemon.

How about mixing it with the favorite pokemon challenge.
    Put the pokemon you want in a list, someone random picks numbers. Say 1-18 so you have atleast three different teams.

Then the moves would be genereated for those 6 or whatever many you want?
    Another great idea. :) If anyone really wants this, I will edit the first post of the Favorite challenge for these extra specifications, if they are wanted. Since Eternal Nightmare doesn't want the two integrated, it'd work to just do that anyway. So if anyone really wants me to do that, feel free to VM me about it and I will do so. Might give it a shot when I'm done with my favorite challenge...which is going horribly. lol

And I don't approve ideas in this thread. You just go ahead and post them and I approve them when I see the thread. Just make sure you look over the rules, cause I'm pretty strict on them, lol.

challenges | klippy
    Old September 8th, 2010 (4:00 PM).
    Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    • Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
    Would, would starting up the character challenge be dumb since their are already a Manga and an Anime Challenge?
    Old September 8th, 2010 (4:03 PM).
    Stunningly Handsome
    • Silver Tier

Yes it would be actually as there are no other characters that can be done outside of the anime and manga sadly...unless you want to be Pokemon Trainer off Brawl and use a Squirte, Ivysaur, and Charizard. But anyway...I don't see the point honestly.
    Old September 8th, 2010 (4:11 PM).
    Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    • Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
    I guess keeping them all together. And Game characters, but that'd be kind of silly...
    Old September 8th, 2010 (4:37 PM).
    i'm a shapeshifter
    • Crystal Tier

They were originally together, but it went past a month and when they were revived, they were separate. Reason for that is beyond me. But yeah, it would be promptly deleted.

challenges | klippy
    Old September 8th, 2010 (5:45 PM).
    Challenge God

Nature: Sassy
      Syd, I still promise I'm going to do the Favorite Challenge on Platinum... There are three things holding me back.

1. I'm not done with my Ghost UMC yet. And it's hard since I can't trade to get Gengar. I'm working on trading with one of my friends (read "annoying a friend to let me borrow his DS for a minute") but I can't start until I get that taken care of.
      2. I'm working on Alpha Fan stuff. Yeah, the same Alpha Fan from way back when. I finally got a breakthrough on the part I was working on, but am stuck again...
      3. I decided that I want a ROM with a completed Pokedex for every generation. Not for a challenge, for me. Also no glitches (other than Mew in RBY). I'm working on blue right now, have the first 6 badges, but I'm stuck in the Safari Zone. All I need are a Venonat and Tauros I think (I have Kangaskhan and Chansey, and I can get Pinsir from the Game Corner if I'm not mistaken). I have all the Red Exclusives along with all the Events that I need other than Squirtle and an Eevee that can evolve to Flareon. Also, I need Scyther from the Game Corner and to do that Mew Glitch.

But yeah, as soon as I finish the above three, nothing will get in my way of doing the Favorite Challenge, as well as the No Pokecenter Challenge (That looked like it was on my level of a Challenge). And then will be this moveset challenge.
      Old September 8th, 2010 (5:55 PM).
      i'm a shapeshifter
      • Crystal Tier

I'm going to be honest and tell you that I have not checked that thread in forever. It's hard running a challenge and 5 forums at once. I haven't even had time to play the game. :( Well, I had time this past weekend, but band bus at 5AM means sleeping...not playing SoulSilver. XD;

challenges | klippy
      Old September 8th, 2010 (6:06 PM).
      Challenge God

Understandable, I remember the trips back from Band Competitions during High School. We loved getting back 3/4 of the way through the night, but man were we tired.
        Old September 8th, 2010 (6:14 PM).
        Banned

Nature: Naughty
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
          Understandable, I remember the trips back from Band Competitions during High School. We loved getting back 3/4 of the way through the night, but man were we tired.
          Haha, sounds nice to get up with all your friends at 3 AM

Anyways, Syd, I wish you luck in running everything :D
          Old September 9th, 2010 (12:39 AM).
          Probably back.

Lols at title... :O Did you do that, Syd ? I love it ! <3
            I'm putting up some ideas. Here :

-The Random Word Challenge : mondays suck once brought this up. Using a Random Name Generator, get a name, then build a team around. Eg. : Word : Claw. Team : Sandlash, Zangoose, Kabutops.

-The Hated Challenge : nope, it doesn't involve hating. Just runs like the Favorite Challenge, but instead of favorites you use hated. Of course, don't just submit Magikarp and Unown (not talking about you, Syd) because they're weak. Hate Rhyperior ? Put him on the list.

Tell me what you think ! (:

Old September 9th, 2010 (5:09 AM).
            Challenge God

I remember the word challenge... I never finished it. I thought it was a pretty good idea though.

As for the hated challenge, I don't see anything wrong with it, and it can actually help you to like some Pokemon that you don't necessarily like. I'm all for it!
              Old September 9th, 2010 (6:57 AM).
              i'm a shapeshifter
              • Crystal Tier

Quote:
              Haha, sounds nice to get up with all your friends at 3 AM
              It is nice. Especially when the person you're sitting next to decides to sleep in the floor of the bus and gives you both seats. XD; And later, you all get to watch The Hangover and The Incredibles!

Quote:
              -The Hated Challenge : nope, it doesn't involve hating. Just runs like the Favorite Challenge, but instead of favorites you use hated. Of course, don't just submit Magikarp and Unown (not talking about you, Syd) because they're weak. Hate Rhyperior ? Put him on the list.
              I almost made that the other day! XD I was making a list of my least favorite Pokemon for every type. Obviously, there can't be 6 for each type like there are for the favorite challenge. But yeah, I see no problem with this...however I don't think I'd try it. :P Oh, and Unown is ~fabulous~

Quote:
              Lols at title... :O Did you do that, Syd ? I love it ! <3
              No, someone was trying to spread lies and slander about me liking Unown. :(

challenges | klippy
              Old September 9th, 2010 (7:03 AM).
              Banned

Nature: Naughty
                LOL

So Myrrhman is really gonna have a hard time doing all challenges :D
                Old September 9th, 2010 (7:07 AM).
                Probably back.

Let's all torture motivate myrrhman and do those threads !

I can get on with the Word Challenge. And also, instead of "The Hated Challenge", I am digging the "Dislikes Challenge" more. So that we wouldn't hate that challenge ! (:

Hahaha, myrrh... BW is coming ! 200 and so more challenges served on the table. :-D

Old September 9th, 2010 (7:31 AM).
                  Challenge God

I might forget about the solo challenges for a while. Wait until I finish the others first. That takes off like 4/5 of the challenges or something. Sounds like what i want.
                    Old September 9th, 2010 (7:49 AM).
                    Probably back.

Yes, Soloing with every Pokemon out there can become very tedious, right ?
                      Also, is discussion about random stuff allowed here. *eyes redsaber and Syd*

Old September 9th, 2010 (7:58 AM).
                      i'm a shapeshifter
                      • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                      Also, is discussion about random stuff allowed here. *eyes redsaber and Syd*
                      Provided that it relates to challenges. And if it doesn't, as long as something in your post does relate to challenges, it's fine. In the writer's lounge, we would get so off topic and just post "I LOVE WRITING!" as the "on topic" part of the post.

I LOVE CHALLENGES!

Quote:
                      Hahaha, myrrh... BW is coming ! 200 and so more challenges served on the table. :-D
                      That would change the Favorite challenge too, since it's meant to be played on a version that is the most recent so that all Pokemon are included. Hm, I hope that we will be able to trade Pokemon that aren't in the Isshu Dex early on...otherwise most challenges are ruined in gen V. :(

challenges | klippy
                      Old September 9th, 2010 (10:38 AM).
                      Probably back.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
                        Provided that it relates to challenges. And if it doesn't, as long as something in your post does relate to challenges, it's fine. In the writer's lounge, we would get so off topic and just post "I LOVE WRITING!" as the "on topic" part of the post.

I LOVE CHALLENGES!

That would change the Favorite challenge too, since it's meant to be played on a version that is the most recent so that all Pokemon are included. Hm, I hope that we will be able to trade Pokemon that aren't in the Isshu Dex early on...otherwise most challenges are ruined in gen V.
                        Actually, it is confirmed that the Pokeshifter (a minigame to transfer from gen IV to BW. I won't describe it, you don't want to know it =) is unlocked only after you beat the league, something sorta Pal Park.

So we're stuck with Isshu Pokemon only, noo ;_;

Old September 9th, 2010 (1:30 PM).
                        Stunningly Handsome
                        • Silver Tier

Oyyyy what there is nothing wrong with the Isshu pokemon...but still I would want more variation especially pokemon from Gen III.

The Dislike Challenge seems good but the only thing that shall be holding be back from it is the lack of a DS at the moment. Also I'm really eager to get my Random Moveset Challenge started eventually :D. I really think this could be frustrating and fun actually :3.
                        Old September 9th, 2010 (7:08 PM).
                        Challenge God

Yeah, I second the Random Moveset Challenge. I can easily beat any version, but it's usually because I solo RBY with Psychic/Surf/BoltBeam Starmie or Lapras, solo GSC with FireIceThunder punch/Psychic Kadabra, solo RSE with Surf/EQ/Ice Beam/Brick Break Swampert, and I rarely play DPPt... If I wasn't allowed these Pokemon, it would be much more difficult... So yeah.
                          Closed Thread

Quick Reply