The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Fan Clubs & Groups
Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old September 19th, 2012 (12:56 AM).
total nerd

Nature: Quirky
If I lived in North America, I would be over the moon from the announcement of Aselia Con. o3o
Even though I don't, that's great for you guys! : D
It'll also be an awesome way to show how much dedication there is to the Tales series to Bamco. o3o3o
Old September 19th, 2012 (7:09 AM).
Gaiden

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~Ryukaa View Post
    If I lived in North America, I would be over the moon from the announcement of Aselia Con. o3o
    Even though I don't, that's great for you guys! : D
    It'll also be an awesome way to show how much dedication there is to the Tales series to Bamco. o3o3o
    Oh yesss, it's a great chance to show em' how much love of Tales we have from overseas. <3 A lot of people hope that this will increase our chances on getting released games too.
    I really, really, really hope it comes to Canada someday too. ;w; CANADA MISSES ALMOST EVERYTHIIIING.

By the way, apparently a group called Tales of Outlaw was responsible for Aselia Con. There's a picture of some of them in cosplay here:

Spoiler:

I haven't heard of them before, but I adore the Arietta cosplay~ <3

Hawthorne Guardian
    Moderator of Video Games
    Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
    Sylvie
    Old September 19th, 2012 (10:04 AM).
    May My Heart Be My Guiding Key

Nature: Gentle
    Here is some Tales of Xillia ENG screenshots.
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.470685462961000.118576.171035032926046&type=1
    Old September 19th, 2012 (5:53 PM).
    Gaiden

Mmm, english screens already!

Spoiler:

A hundred... what. xD

Oh, and this is the cover art:

Spoiler:

Is it just me, or is this localization going fast. :3 I mean, It's good to be seeing English screens out so quickly. I remember back when Graces was announced there was such a drought of information that we were actually excited to see English text in those Gametrailers videos. Perhaps they're fairly far along and we'll see a release by spring?

Hawthorne Guardian
      Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
      Old September 19th, 2012 (7:56 PM).

Oh Europe's boxart got revealed already wow. Yeah going fast, I think it is going to come out 1Q of 2013?? Hm, not too sure.
      Old September 20th, 2012 (5:20 AM). Edited September 20th, 2012 by Miss Doronjo.
      Gaiden

I'm guessing around spring - summer time, since Ni no Kuni will come out around... the end of January I believe, so fans might be occupied with that for a while.

More news: Famitsu's is going to apparently have Namco's 'big scoop' as it were.

http://gematsu.com/2012/09/namco-bandai-special-scoop-in-next-weeks-famitsu

There's no guarantee that this 'scoop' will be anything Tales related at all, but it can be - around the time ToX2 was announced at TalesFes, I seem to remember the word being that there were several Tales in the works. If it's something related to Tales.. I dunno - we can expect a remake or port. (heee, I see other fans speculating it might be Symphonia for 3DS or Wii U~)

But, eh... what do you guys think? Any hopes (if any?)

Hawthorne Guardian
        Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
        Old October 2nd, 2012 (11:00 PM).
        redemption

I'm hoping it's something Symphonia related. After all, Symphonia is going to be reaching it's tenth anniversary next year, and the ending to the animation is actually later this month. (I would post up boxart and such but 've learned that you guys don't care hahaha). But those are my two cents. If it doesn't end up being Symphonia whatever console/portable it's on that will be the next type I get. That said, I'm slightly wishing it'll be for the 3DS since I already want one, but I also want it for the Wii-U (more than for the 3DS) because multiplayer and I'll probably be wanting the Wii-U in the future anyways.

But if it's not Symphonia related that's all right too. It's a little curious to know if it'll be an actual remake or a port. Chances are though it'll probably be a port since Namco has never actually remade a Tales of Game.
        Old October 3rd, 2012 (4:23 AM).
        Gaiden

I would love to see a Synphonia port~ They could do it like Abyss and make it for 3DS. <3 But yeah, the Wii U is also an awesome idea. Although I won't have much people playing it multiplayer with me. ;-; I already saw the box art xD but yeah, I can't wait for that. :3

Also:
          http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/tokkurin/imgs/3/1/3163dd9a.jpg

There's a possible hint that Tales of Vesperia might be a OVA by Ufotable~ ;-; I really hope it doeeeees.

If you guys don't mind me asking a topic question: What do you think is the most useful arte?

IMO, If it's not Indignation, it's Aurora Wall by Reid.

Hawthorne Guardian
          Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
          Old October 3rd, 2012 (4:42 AM).
          redemption

Well there is also Tales of Magazine scans that I can show. But again, no1currs hahaha.

Guess it depends on whether the 3DS is actually the portable that can hold all of Symphonia on it. iirc that's why it wasn't chosen to be ported on other portables in the past. Symphonia is a huuge game, after all.

UFOtable really suits the Tales of Series. They really do. I wouldn't mind seeing something Vesperia made by them. Speaking of Vesperia the price of the game need to go down haha. Was considering buying it but used it was still $35-40 which is actually more than Graces F (and i don't have a PS3 so ... ). If anything I'll buy it online sometime but eh.

As for more useful arte ... I find myself using the Tiger Blade attacks a lot, so I guess to me those would be the more useful. Also Center for Guy. Oh god could I not live without that Tech for him. But that might be because I fought Sync and Arietta using just Guy on occasion in the past.

But this is not including healing artes, because obviously they are quiiiite useful. Especially Raine's broken revitalize that heals the whole screen. I was disappointed when they 'fixed' it in Abyss haha.
          Old October 3rd, 2012 (5:23 AM).
          total nerd

I'm interested in seeing the Symphonia OVA stuff, but you might have already shown me on MSN. o3o3o

Personally, I think the idea of having a portable Symphonia would be amazing. I would love for it to be on the 3DS, buuuut. The port of Abyss was really compressed. I wouldn't want to see Symphonia go through the same thing, especially since it's my favourite game in the series. I would much rather it be on the Playstation Vita or the Wii U.

If Ufotable really DOES announce a Vesperia animation, I'll be really excited. : D
          It's the Tales game I'm most interested in playing, but I've never had the chance to. I don't own a 360, and I really don't want to use a script to play the PS3 version or anything. Not to mention none of the stores around here have it, anymore. I'd still pick up a copy if I saw one, even though I wouldn't be able to play it. For the sake of having it, I guess. xDD;;

I'll answer the topic question later, since I don't remember the name of the arte I really like to use in Graces f... o3o
          Speaking of Graces, I just beat it today. Very impressed with it, I am. : D
          One of the best entries I've played so far! I wonder how Xillia is going to fare...
          Old October 3rd, 2012 (1:54 PM).
          Excuse me?

Please sign me up for this club. The 'Tales of' series has to be my favorite RPG series so far. :>

Come check out my YouTube Let's Play Channel: ShdwjGaming! Click on the image above!
            High quality | Energetic | Entertaining
            ---
            On-going series:

Old October 9th, 2012 (5:29 PM).
            Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

I'd like to join as well. I LOVE ToS, TotA, and ToV and want to play more. Too bad I don't have a PS3...

AseliaCon sounds... saturating. I'd love to go there. Fort Worth is a long ways from me, though!
              Old October 12th, 2012 (2:41 PM).
              Excuse me?

Hm. No one's posted on here in a while.

Alright, I have a question: did anyone else enjoy that attraction system in Tales of Symphonia as much as I did? The various decisions you made throughout the course of the story affected the way the other members of the party viewed you. You were then allowed to choose among the top three members who liked Lloyd the most, and your choice would alter the story in one way or another. I found it very unique.

Also, anyone else a LloydxSheena fan here? Haha.

Come check out my YouTube Let's Play Channel: ShdwjGaming! Click on the image above!
                ---
                On-going series:

Old October 12th, 2012 (2:50 PM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Shdwj View Post
                  Hm. No one's posted on here in a while.

Alright, I have a question: did anyone else enjoy that attraction system in Tales of Symphonia as much as I did? The various decisions you made throughout the course of the story affected the way the other members of the party viewed you. You were then allowed to choose among the top three members who liked Lloyd the most, and your choice would alter the story in one way or another. I found it very unique.

Also, anyone else a LloydxSheena fan here? Haha.
                  I always like going with Sheena. Colette is too high-maintenance and SORRY SORRY SORRY to be an ideal girlfriend (though Emil is like Colette but a hundred times worse). Sheena can hold her own and she's got a real good heart, too. I also like Presea but I don't know about her being ideal for Lloyd.

I really did enjoy that system, but I wasn't going to try to get every last one of them. Now that YouTube exists, I can see all of those scenes. I've only gotten Colette, Kratos, and Sheena since I've only played through Symphonia three times. Abyss is my favorite, then Symphonia, then Vesperia. Though I did write an FAQ for Vesperia... xD
                  Old October 12th, 2012 (3:04 PM).
                  Excuse me?

Quote:
                    I always like going with Sheena. Colette is too high-maintenance and SORRY SORRY SORRY to be an ideal girlfriend (though Emil is like Colette but a hundred times worse). Sheena can hold her own and she's got a real good heart, too. I also like Presea but I don't know about her being ideal for Lloyd.

I really did enjoy that system, but I wasn't going to try to get every last one of them. Now that YouTube exists, I can see all of those scenes. I've only gotten Colette, Kratos, and Sheena since I've only played through Symphonia three times. Abyss is my favorite, then Symphonia, then Vesperia. Though I did write an FAQ for Vesperia... xD
                    Haha, yeah, I've always found Lloyd and Sheena quite cute together. I heard that Namco performed some decent fan-service in Knights of Ratatosk: apparently there's a scene (I'm not sure whether or not it's optional) where Emil is talking to Lloyd, and Emil asks him who among his original party he was the most fond of (correct me if I'm wrong; I haven't actually played the game). The game then lets the players choose whoever they want, and afterwards a scene involving Lloyd and the chosen character will commence.

The Kratos story path was also interesting, but I won't spoil anything for anyone. Although there's that 'spoiler' button feature on this forum. Yeah.

Sadly, I have yet to play Vesperia. I don't own an Xbox, and Namco didn't bother to create an English version for the PS3 port in Japan. It looks like a really good game too. However, I have played Tales of Graces, and at the moment it is my favorite 'Tales of' game. Although they altered the battle system in Graces, I believe it was for the better. The old system was wonderful but the one in Graces was interesting as well. Also, to me each of the characters are memorable.

Now. If only Xillia could arrive more quickly.

Also, kudos to you for writing a FAQ on Vesperia. That's quite a feat.

---
                    On-going series:

Old October 12th, 2012 (9:31 PM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Shdwj View Post
                      Haha, yeah, I've always found Lloyd and Sheena quite cute together. I heard that Namco performed some decent fan-service in Knights of Ratatosk: apparently there's a scene (I'm not sure whether or not it's optional) where Emil is talking to Lloyd, and Emil asks him who among his original party he was the most fond of (correct me if I'm wrong; I haven't actually played the game). The game then lets the players choose whoever they want, and afterwards a scene involving Lloyd and the chosen character will commence.
                      I wouldn't know about KoR / DotNW. I got about four hours into it before I got a screeching headache from the utter badness of the entire thing. I sold it and got some of my money back. I regret even considering buying that thing. Seriously... I couldn't put up with Emil for another hour, even.

Quote:
                      Sadly, I have yet to play Vesperia. I don't own an Xbox, and Namco didn't bother to create an English version for the PS3 port in Japan. It looks like a really good game too. However, I have played Tales of Graces, and at the moment it is my favorite 'Tales of' game. Although they altered the battle system in Graces, I believe it was for the better. The old system was wonderful but the one in Graces was interesting as well. Also, to me each of the characters are memorable.
                      What I gathered about that was the Vesperia thing was that there was a deal between Microsoft and Namco. Microsoft paid for the Vesperia localization and advertising to get permanent rights to the Vesperia name in America (notice how quickly it was released after the Japan version, and how high-quality the voice acting is) PLUS a one-year exclusivity contract in Japan so they could sell more Xbox 360s there. Microsoft also may have directly paid Namco to do that latter part. The details are well-concealed, but that theory is the most likely case.

Vesperia IS a great game. It has one of the most fun battle engines I have ever encountered. Although the plot is somewhat disappointing, it's also unique, and the characters are overall likable. The protagonist is widely considered one of the best JRPG protagonists ever, much like Luke fon Fabre.

Quote:
                      Now. If only Xillia could arrive more quickly.
                      For sure. If Xillia came stateside, I'd need a PS3 so I could get that AND Graces. But I don't have the money right now.

Quote:
                      Also, kudos to you for writing a FAQ on Vesperia. That's quite a feat.
                      Thanks! I spent a long time on that thing. It's not a walkthrough, just some Frequently Asked Questions for a board sticky to reduce the flow of duplicate topics - including Coliseum strategies worked on with other players and various notes about things all over the game. The Word files I have are like 3MB collectively at least... and since the thing required several updates, I tinkered with it a lot, added new questions, took out ones that were to shut certain people up. I also worked on a boss strategy FAQ with another guy... and I still remember a lot even though I haven't played Vesperia in a year and a half. Maybe I should. I never finished my recent run of Abyss though...
                      Old October 12th, 2012 (9:46 PM).
                      Excuse me?

[quote="LividZephyr"]I wouldn't know about KoR / DotNW. I got about four hours into it before I got a screeching headache from the utter badness of the entire thing. I sold it and got some of my money back. I regret even considering buying that thing. Seriously... I couldn't put up with Emil for another hour, even.[quote]

Haha. I had a feeling the sequel wouldn't be as good, so I didn't bother picking it up. I can't actually say for myself how it is, though. I've heard that some people liked the game, so yeah. What kinda bothered me was that it was on the Wii. I mean, I love the console, but I wasn't so sure how the game would work with the Wii-mote. Although, I guess I should have done a little more research on that.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by LividZephyr
                        What I gathered about that was the Vesperia thing was that there was a deal between Microsoft and Namco. Microsoft paid for the Vesperia localization and advertising to get permanent rights to the Vesperia name in America (notice how quickly it was released after the Japan version, and how high-quality the voice acting is) PLUS a one-year exclusivity contract in Japan so they could sell more Xbox 360s there. Microsoft also may have directly paid Namco to do that latter part. The details are well-concealed, but that theory is the most likely case.

Vesperia IS a great game. It has one of the most fun battle engines I have ever encountered. Although the plot is somewhat disappointing, it's also unique, and the characters are overall likable. The protagonist is widely considered one of the best JRPG protagonists ever, much like Luke fon Fabre.
                        Wow, I didn't know that deal between Microsoft and Namco. I just don't wanna pick up an Xbox because I'm not sure what other games I'd get besides Vesperia, games from the Halo series, and Banjo-Kazooie, nyehehe. :> Aw, well. Maybe someday I'll get to play it. Have you watched the Vesperia OVA? I believe it received an English dub. It's on Bluray, too. Now if only I had the money, hehe.

---
                        On-going series:

Old October 13th, 2012 (8:44 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by LividZephyr View Post

That was the presumed deal that MS had made but I'm fairly certain one of Namco's PR people finally refuted that and said they hadn't made any real exclusivity deals in the west... it's just that Vesperia PS3 was never on the table for localization. Whether that's true or not is a little debated but I feel like it would have been easier to just let the "Microsoft paid for exclusivity" rumour fly than outright admit they didn't want to bother localizing the game again so I've always taken it to be true.

(I'm always surprised to hear Luke is so liked. I think he's crazy popular in Japan but almost literally everyone I know in the West absolutely hated him throughout the whole game, haha.)

Old October 14th, 2012 (6:46 AM).
                        Gaiden

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
                          That was the presumed deal that MS had made but I'm fairly certain one of Namco's PR people finally refuted that and said they hadn't made any real exclusivity deals in the west... it's just that Vesperia PS3 was never on the table for localization. Whether that's true or not is a little debated but I feel like it would have been easier to just let the "Microsoft paid for exclusivity" rumour fly than outright admit they didn't want to bother localizing the game again so I've always taken it to be true.

(I'm always surprised to hear Luke is so liked. I think he's crazy popular in Japan but almost literally everyone I know in the West absolutely hated him throughout the whole game, haha.)
                          Well, it was the timing - there was improper timing for the version to be released, and they've held that off for a while, until the ship was pretty much sailed. However, there -is- plans to release older versions, maybe like Tales of Hearts or Vespy PS3 in the future, [although this hasn't been confirmed yet. ;-;].

I actually like Long-haired Luke in the beginning (well, I hated him before, but he's growing on me). Like, he could of been different - a rude, bratty spoiled boy that somehow has the heart of gold. Hm...

Hawthorne Guardian
                          Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
                          Old October 14th, 2012 (9:13 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
                          Well, it was the timing - there was improper timing for the version to be released, and they've held that off for a while, until the ship was pretty much sailed. However, there -is- plans to release older versions, maybe like Tales of Hearts or Vespy PS3 in the future, [although this hasn't been confirmed yet. ;-;].

I actually like Long-haired Luke in the beginning (well, I hated him before, but he's growing on me). Like, he could of been different - a rude, bratty spoiled boy that somehow has the heart of gold. Hm...
                          Well, we're seeing a bit of a Tales resurgence so it wouldn't be THAT strange to see a Vesperia PS3 announcement but I do think the ship has sailed. I'm never quite sure what to think of Hideo Baba's comments because on the one hand he says a lot of hopeful things about wanting Western fans to play games we never had a chance to play but on the other hand... do we really know how much say he has in localization? He's the producer of the series but the series is very much based in Japan and localization is an afterthought. They're bringing him around to different conventions to help hype Tales of Graces f which is doing wonders, I think, but I'm not sure if we can take the rumours at face value or if they're just PR quotes that can hype people without making any real commitments. (I'm so negative when it comes to localizations, lol. Of course I'd love them but I've seen so many games skipped over that I don't like to get my hopes up too much. D:)

I really like Luke in all forms. I think he's funnier and more interesting as the conceited brat in the beginning but I think of all the Tales protagonists I know thus far, he went through the largest transformation through to the end of the game and I admire him for it.

Old October 24th, 2012 (6:31 PM).
                          Meowna Fan

Nature: Jolly
                          I've taken up hacking Symphonia 2. I removed the unfair level cap from Lloyd and the others, replaced some of my monsters with Alice, Decus, Brute, Magnar, Richter (both normal and demon), and some boss monsters like Album Atrium. The game is so awesome now! Now if only I could increase the difficulty beyond Unknown. Unknown was too easy even before I hacked awesomeness into my team.
                          Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
                          Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

Hacks I've worked on in the past:
                          Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
                          Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
                          Times I've ninja'd people: 3
                          Old October 24th, 2012 (7:07 PM).
                          redemption

Unknown with 1/2 EXP. And don't use your monsters from previous files. They make the game easier than if you just restarted your monsters from the beginning and have to level them up again. I haven't played the game in years though; haven't even touched Symphonia in a good few months. In fact other than roleplaying Mithos at a dreamwidth roleplay I don't know how much I'll be into Symphonia once I'm done with the final episode. It's probably because I have lost my pride as a Symphonia fan in the past few months, but the fanatic in me is starting to wane. Maybe I just need a break idk but ... yeah.
                          Old October 24th, 2012 (7:50 PM).
                          Meowna Fan

Nature: Jolly
                          But the problem isn't the level, it's the difficulty. In Abyss, Van can be quite the challange even at level 200, Nebilim is still near-impossible. In Symphonia 2 level 200 have have you dominating the final boss like nothing. It needs a challenge still challenging at level 200.

When I beat Abyss for the 11th time I felt I was losing my Abyss fanaticism. Then after a couple years I got the 3DS verdion and I'm back to Abyss fanaticism, so sometimes a break can work. So when does the final Symphonia episode come out anyways?
                          Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
                          Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

Hacks I've worked on in the past:
                          Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
                          Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
                          Times I've ninja'd people: 3
                          Old October 24th, 2012 (7:57 PM).

Well, not sure if anyone cares or not, but Tales of Hearts is getting a remake/port to the PS Vita, titled Tales of Hearts R.

Old October 24th, 2012 (8:03 PM).
                          redemption

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
                          But the problem isn't the level, it's the difficulty. In Abyss, Van can be quite the challange even at level 200, Nebilim is still near-impossible. In Symphonia 2 level 200 have have you dominating the final boss like nothing. It needs a challenge still challenging at level 200.

When I beat Abyss for the 11th time I felt I was losing my Abyss fanaticism. Then after a couple years I got the 3DS verdion and I'm back to Abyss fanaticism, so sometimes a break can work. So when does the final Symphonia episode come out anyways?
                          Being at a lower level naturally makes the game more difficult, which is why I suggested it haha. You're complaining that it's too easy. Then make the game more difficult. Tales of Games gives you several ways to do that. By adjusting how much EXP you get, how you get EXP (which is a case in Symphonia. I don't remember if the other Tales of Games have it though) etc. You can also do a playthrough where you only use level 1 techniques etc etc. It's one of the amazing things about the Tales of Games.

Oooh. I know a few people who would love to hear that news. Not sure if they have heard it yet but yeah!

Quick Reply