• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Shiny

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
My first ever shiny was a Metapod in Pokemon Gold's Ilex Forest. I evolved it into the Pink Butterfree, and I liked how it reminded me of the one from the anime.

A funny story, the next shiny was an Unown in the same game. I was riding in a car, and I actually ran from it, not knowing that it's color was different (they look sorta similar), and I was looking in another direction while I encountered it. The next second, I realized that the Unown was slightly blue. But it was too late. FML. >.>

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2012
My first legit shiny i counter it was a shiny Durant, andd it's sucks!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The very first shiny I had encountered was a shiny Rufflet. It was majestic, it was beautiful. I WANTED TO CATCH IT SO BAD. But it was hard to catch and I ran out of balls. I was DISAPPOINTED. It took me weeks to find it again but I never found it. I was sad. :(

My first official shiny, however, was a shiny Treecko. Received it via trade and it's now a shiny Sceptile. :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2014
My first shiny I saw was a shiny Spinarak in Crystal, at the time I didn't know because I had played silver and Spinaraks sprites look like shiny Spinarak so yeah.
The only shiny I have gotten was an Electrike I got after I beat the game, I decided to make eggs of my team and raise them. I grabbed two eggs of my Manrtric.
The first one hatched and was the shiny, the other wasn't but because they were brothers I kept both and transferred them both to pearl then Soul Silver.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2016
My first shiny was a shiny golbat i think xP sadly i did not know it was shiny at the time and didn't catch it :/

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2016
My first shiny was Rayquaza in Ruby.

I was trying to catch it, but kept fainting it/it kept using struggle. I guess it's an accidental SR.

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
Geodude in Crystal.
I didn't even realise it was shiny until a few months after I caught it when I searched what the star on it's info page meant.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
my first shiny was a shiny wurmple in my sapphire game and if i remember correctly it was on the route where you normally catch ralts AKA route 103 too bad my sapphire game can't save

my first official shiny was a shiny geodude in dark cave in heart gold the funny thing is i got that shiny the first day i got my heart gold game

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
My first shiny was a Zubat in FireRed at Mount Moon. But I was playing on VBA, means with the speed button I was running from wild battles and I dindnt noticed it.
My next shiny that was Rattata was also in FireRed. But this time I just started the game and was training my Charmander. I couldnt capture it because I had no pokeballs.
My first shiny that I caught was in Heartgold. It was a Shiny Bellsprout on the route east of Mahagony where the entrance to Ice Cave is situated.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
My first Shiny? I guess it was the Red Gyarados of the Lake of Rage in HeartGold.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I got a shiny Lotad when I "borrowed" my brothers Sapphire game. This is the first one I caught: The green Bronzor and the pink Sealeo on his Pearl game got ko'd on accident. I still seem to have pretty good luck with shinies, though.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
My first shiny I ever encountered was the Red Gyarados in GSC, like it has been with many :p Other than that, I've only ever encountered two shinies. The first one was a shiny Sneasel in one of my friends' games, and I'd say, he was extremely happy with this, though a shame I wasn't the one who got it >:( The third and most recent one was a shiny Dratini in the Safari Zone, and I guess people should know how that turned out... :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Shiny hoot hoot in gold. I caught it! But that file is long gone now.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Not including Shiny Gyarados my very first shiny was a Shiny Donphan on Silver. It's long gone now but I'll never forget it.

Back