• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Hoenn Diaries (M) (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
At least this player here promises to not touch the IC thread until you say so :>

Years
Alright, here's the last batch of starters guys :)

Kanea's Starter
214.png

Guts
Tackle | Protect

^Note: Because Heracross is Heracross we have given it a more limited movepool to begin with for the sake of balance.

Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers' Starter
239.png

Static
Quick Attack | Thundershock | Flash

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
@ Scyke, maaaaaaybe. Wasn't meant to be contests vs gyms first, haha, it was meant to be just collecting pokémon. But I thought I'd throw that in since it made the whole delicate vs rough business Dava and Dani have going on even better.

@ gimmepie, okay looks good! So will we be able to give new moves to our pokémon ourselves, as we proceed?

Years
The way it is supposed to work is this, for wild pokemon you can choose;

1. Species
2. Gender
3. Moves

We choose the ability, but we're open to requests. This is because we will sometimes use hidden abilities as rewards for particularly good posts (this doesn't apply to starters with hidden abilities, that's just cause we felt like it). On top of this we also choose when pokemon can evolve (or when you can receive evolutionary items) and the ability that they get when they evolve is the one that corresponds to their original ability.

Okay guys, in the spoiler below is the information for chapter one. But you know the drill, no posting in the IC until this info is also in there.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Okay, my first post is all written up now. :3 Going until the start of Jagged Pass. Geodude and Grumpig, here I come!

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
I'll likely wait till friday to start writing but not sure if it will be approved by then anyway since looking at the approval thread seems like approving stuff happens once every 7 to 10 days unlessboth Mods do a round of approving.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Or unless I poke Peter or Maddy in their lazy butts and make them do it early. But naah, I can be patient. This once :]

Years
Haha!
I'm glad you're all enthusiastic xD

We haven't even started yet. I just hope you all continue to be this invested in the RP.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Probably not. But I really like that you point out landmarks and describe stuff that we can incorporate in our posts, in the chapters. I'm hoping for GM-designed NPCs and events and more landmarks in coming chapters. When players feel creative, posts write themselves. But when they're in a slump, it helps having pre-made ideas and half-loose plot to base posts on.

Years
Well Red's I hate to disappoint. There will indeed be special events and GM-created NPCs at various locations. Hell, there's one you can encounter in the very next chapter xD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Can't wait to get started!

Also added pic of Lyssa in my SU. I will most likely do a better version when I have more time.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Ah yeh! This'll be fun, mates! We have an excellent list of RP'ers, and judging off of everybody's SU, this Roleplay will be amazing! Another accomplishment, Gimmie.

I'm going to be adding a bit to my SU here and there, so be wary. There will be much character development with Blaine.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
I'll get to work on my post probably on Saturday morning, since I have a concert coming up and I gotta stay sharp. One thing, though: Carl's friend Felicity is currently with him at Lavaridge Town. Is it okay if I say that both temporarily part ways (so that she challenges the gym while he goes up Mt. Chimney?) and then probably have them both reunite again (with her leaving town and leaving Carl by himself)?

Years
So long as you don't change your character too much before development I have no issues with small SU edits.

@Mick Fizz - That sounds alright, apart from the gym part. Lavaridge's gym is closed because there isn't a leader for it any more.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Oh, right, duh xD Silly me, that's what happens when you tyoe at 12 am after a long tiring day and a fuzzy brain. I'll make her stay there and relax then. I'll even make her reappear at some point in the future if that's okay

Years
It is most certainly okay. As I said, you can create NPCs at will.

Edit: Have at it, the IC is ready!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Made a post. She should be at Jagged Pass by next post hopefully. I just left her at the mart in case anyone wanted to talk to her or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back