• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Legendary Pokemon - Xerneas and Yveltal

Which do you prefer?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 148 34.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 192 44.9%
  • Both

Votes: 88 20.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
It is already confirmed that Xerneas (deer) and Yveltal(vulture) are the games version mascots.
I really want to know the types of them, I hope they aren't Dragon type again...
Xerneas looks grasss/psychic and Vulture looks dark/flying

Aquaphyre

水が好きな人
Years
I love how they both look and completely disagree with the gen V legendary pokemon looking better... I like how they don't just look like two huge dragon figures, and they they have some color to them. In my opinion, I love all the pokemon designs I have seen so far of Gen VI!

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
If Yvetal does have something to do with blood vessels, would a Poison typing work? It's already purple and Poison is the most liquid type, besides water. Also poisonous infections etc. Although it looks Dark as well, especially with the horns like Houndoom.

As for Xerneas, what if its horns signal nerve synapses so it may be part Electric. I know it looks part Steel and Sawsbuck etc make people think it's part Grass too but I doubt it'll have either of those typings.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Not much but minor stuff from Serebii:

As expected, these don't contain much new informarion but do show the artwork and Japanese details for Xerneas & Yveltal. Xerneas (ゼルネアス) is 3.0m tall and 215kg. Yveltal (イベルタル) is 5.8m tall and 203.0kg.

At least now we know Xerneas is the heavier one?? Which I'd not have expected, but still.

Also the image of it looks amazing @ Yveltal o_O Fire/Flying now imo.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I love how the scans say "What Type? This ability..?!" I'm hoping they're not new types, but I do hope that the typings are the next thing revealed (besides more Pokemon and region info!). The art looks great!

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
That artwork is just awesome, although looks a little, different in style to the usual?
also, I believe Yveltal will at least incorporate Dark type

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Yeah I agree Forever, I believe Yveltal will be Fire/Flying now.

corocoro113.jpg

Guy

just a guy
Years
The artwork for Xerneas and Yveltal look incredible and they're both gorgeous. Before I was learning towards Xerneas, but now that I've seen the official artwork, I don't know which one I like better. This definitely makes choosing which version I have to split with my sister harder.

As for type speculation, I can see Yveltal as a Fire/Flying or a Fire/Dark. Just because it has wings and can fly doesn't necessarily mean it has to be a Flying type, although it's probably likely.

For Xerneas, I'm guessing Grass/Steel, but then if Yveltal is Fire/Flying, Xerneas is completely weak against it. So, I'm not entirely sure on what Xerneas' typing might be. Being part Psychic is also a possibility.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Yup just thought people should know(if you didn't see these already) CoroCoro has leaked images of the artwork of Xerneas and Yveltal along with some info coming.
74309_398606763558950_1377768521_n.jpg

I have to admit, Sugimori makes them a billion time more beastly than the 3D models in the trailer already did. I personally still like Yveltal more and likely going with Y ,but Xerneas is pretty majestic looking.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I love how the scans say "What Type? This ability..?!" I'm hoping they're not new types, but I do hope that the typings are the next thing revealed (besides more Pokemon and region info!). The art looks great!

I like the ideas of them having their own new typings. :3 While it's fun to speculate on current ones, there's so much they could fit into so perhaps they are just... something completely new. It might kind of make sense, although now I do think it'll be partially flying.

blue

gucci
Years
I saw the thumbnails to those scans and I got ahead of myself thinking they had revealed more but it's pretty much the same details as we already know. Hopefully there will be more scans leaked with new information.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I like the ideas of them having their own new typings. :3 While it's fun to speculate on current ones, there's so much they could fit into so perhaps they are just... something completely new. It might kind of make sense, although now I do think it'll be partially flying.
If they do introduce a new type, or two, for these legendaries, then it will have to keep the type system balanced otherwise we could end up with a mess. Then there's the question of whether Xerneas and Yvetal will be the only two Pokémon with this new typing or if some of the other new Gen VI Pokémon as well as old will have it too. I'm not entirely sold on them having a new type, but I have this theory that if they do, then maybe it will have something to do with the genetics storyline. It would make for a plausible excuse as to why we haven't seen a new type(s) since Gen II when they introduced Dark and Steel.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah idk I think if it is new typings, that it'll be reserved specifically for them so it doesn't throw the type charts off entirely, while the new legendary Pokemon can still have a reason for being brand new typings.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Now that I saw those artworks, I definitely like more Yveltal. It just amazing. Not saying that Xerneas isn't.
What Yveltal has around its neck, jsut reminds me of Darkrai. I love the thing on its neck, actually.

blue

gucci
Years
To me it looks like Xerneas could be Electric and Yveltal could be Fire, then again that would be the same as Reshiram & Zekrom soo idk.

Isasapiens

A pine tree...
Years
You know what? Both of them look awesome, and Yveltal looks way more bird-beast like than in the trailer. Now type speculation.
Xerneas will either be:
-Steel/Psychic
-Psychic/Fighting
-Steel/Fighting
-Grass/Steel (Forest spirit, anyone?)
and Yveltal will either be:
-Fire/Flying
-Dark/Flying
-Poison/Flying
-Fire/Dragon

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Xerneas' antlers and legs remind me of bones while Yvetal's body reminds me of muscle tissue. Maybe this is their niché. So a Rock type and a... Fighting? I doubt.

Back