• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Wow they all look so good. Those designs are really good for the grass starter. Plus I think the albatross drawing should be the second evo. If you want Alex you can work on the terra bird

Sir yes sir

So yeah, as of right now, I'm working on the final water starter evo and an ancient Terra-bird fakemon.

Jet, can you make a check list of what everyone is doing? Because I'd hate to overlap with someone. Or if you want I can do it, but I want to make sure this stays organized and doesn't become an all out fakemon spam thread. Let's figure out what we have and what we need, k? :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
That sounds like a good idea I will get round to that later :) The terra bird fakemon needs to be a flightless bird that is tall and have sharp teeth.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Damn everything looks so great! :D Also I love it how productive everyone is.
Alexial I love that 2nd evolution...its just...gorgeous
(lack of better words)
Also I agree that we should make some sort of checlist. Jetstream you could edit your first post and make a sort of "what is done" list and who is doing what. Of course it needs to be updated once in a while.
Thoughts?
EDIT: If anyone doesnt have any objections Ill take the job of secretary. (since I feel I havent made much yet) Ill gather all the work that has been done and start asking about your progress frequently etc.
Any nay says?

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I've got photoshop, so I'm fine!

Anyway, what do you guys think of this color scheme?:
hornedlizard_zps59f143d4.png

Ignore the artifacts for now. I'll remove them later :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I've got photoshop, so I'm fine!

Anyway, what do you guys think of this color scheme?:
hornedlizard_zps59f143d4.png

Ignore the artifacts for now. I'll remove them later :P

Ooo I like that. It definitely needs to be cleaned up a bit, but as a quick color sketch it's pretty good.

I'd like to see one with an ever-so-slightly toned down version of the green (or even a darker yellow -- they contrast a bit) if it's not too much trouble. Just out of curiosity more than anything.

Overall though, yeah, I think the color scheme is good for the grass starter.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
I think that it looks good for the first evo but as it grows I think it should go more deserty as the leaf on it's tail turns into a blade. Since the first evo is just grass it makes sense but when it evolves it becomes a grass ground type so that needs to be shown in the artwork :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Just letting you guys know that I'm still working on the final water evolution (sorry I'm so slow with this guys) and I have preliminary sketches on the Terrabird. :)

Speaking of which, does the terra fakemon have any evos?

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I think that it looks good for the first evo but as it grows I think it should go more deserty as the leaf on it's tail turns into a blade. Since the first evo is just grass it makes sense but when it evolves it becomes a grass ground type so that needs to be shown in the artwork :)

Haha yeah, originally the tail is going to become more blade like, like the example I posted a while ago of the 2nd stage evo. The yellow parts become darker, turning more into a brown as it gains the Ground type, and I'll try to alter the 2nd evo to be more desert like too. And, do you have any considerations for color on your grass starter's final evo? I'll color it if you want!

And thanks for the feedback guys! I'm not REALLY that great at sugimori style and whatnot, so I'm just messing around with light shading,(which I'm not even good at...)

Oh, did someone make the list of stuff to do?

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Just letting you guys know that I'm still working on the final water evolution (sorry I'm so slow with this guys) and I have preliminary sketches on the Terrabird. :)

Speaking of which, does the terra fakemon have any evos?

Awesome job! :D I guess the terra bird should have atleast one evo like most fossils. :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
Yh the terra bird should have one evo. The final grass evo should be dark brown and a few light and yellows with a grey blade

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yh the terra bird should have one evo. The final grass evo should be dark brown and a few light and yellows with a grey blade

No problem. :) I'll just play with the color pallet and I should have something for you later tonight!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
wow, this hasn't updated in a while,huh?

anyway, here comes the 2nd evo of the horned lizard.
hornedlizard2_zpsb596dc3d.png

I extended the tail end to make it look like a blade, and dulled out the yellow that came from the first evo so it would look a bit more "grainy".

and he's a punk, with his collar popped up

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
I like it :) The last evo needs to be basically brown, yellow and a few dark greens basically :)

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Hehe, that was what I was planning to do!

Anyway, can you, since your basically the leader and all, make a list of what to do? because when I'm finished with the last evo I'm basically going to be lost on what to do...

Back