• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Potential TWEWY sequel - nope actually just an iphone port

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
APPARENTLY the game is not a sequel at all, but... eh, I'll let IGN and digitalspy explain. But this was my reaction after reading that:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/24/the-world-ends-with-you-coming-to-ios
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a401552/the-world-ends-with-you-releasing-for-ios.html

wewy04_1_0.jpg

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Hmm. I'll still wait and see on if that actually is the case (or if that's all the info); not the first time that fake/incorrect info came about with such things. After all, Brawl's release for instance (for the sake of an example) had some rather accurate leaked info (down to character rosters), mixed with stuff that turned out to be false. Could be say a port to iOS while a sequel is announced too, the former as a way to give more advertising to the latter which is sensible marketing.

Agreed with the picture if it is just an iOS thing though. =p

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Square-Enix loves its ports but it doesn't glorify them. I really find it difficult to believe they'd hype something like this so much. Square-Enix doesn't indulge in countdowns and the like very often and with something like TWEWY where, especially in the West, it's very much loved... they wouldn't use this kind of hype-building technique for something as basic as a port that doesn't even seem viable on the surface.

I also don't believe they'd come out with a remix album just to celebrate a game being ported to mobile format and I believe that's what the leak came from? The e-store listing for the remix album?

Maybe I'm in denial but it just doesn't fit their usual announcement tactics so I don't think the iOS port is the news.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'M KEEPING THE FAITH.

DON'T LET ME DOWN, SQUARE ENIX.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Square-Enix loves its ports but it doesn't glorify them. I really find it difficult to believe they'd hype something like this so much. Square-Enix doesn't indulge in countdowns and the like very often and with something like TWEWY where, especially in the West, it's very much loved... they wouldn't use this kind of hype-building technique for something as basic as a port that doesn't even seem viable on the surface.

I also don't believe they'd come out with a remix album just to celebrate a game being ported to mobile format and I believe that's what the leak came from? The e-store listing for the remix album?

Maybe I'm in denial but it just doesn't fit their usual announcement tactics so I don't think the iOS port is the news.
^This. I knew about the countdown since it began(I saw it on a Youtube comment while listening to TWEWY music xD)and the possibility of it just being an iOS port is very VERY small. However, there is one small li'l concern: the soundtrack. People that think the soundtrack is being developed FOR the iOS port can be wrong...what if the iOS port is just to show off the soundtrack itself. I still hope for a sequel though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
How would they even manage an iOS port anyway with the controls? I can think of either them using multi-touch + two sides of the screen, or an on-screen D-pad, but both seem clunky and hard to use.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPFEkmq0z6k
^Above. See how they display the dual-screen in there? Perhaps like that on iOS. They might incorporate things like "Shake" or "Tilt" iPod for a few pins o.o Or maybe it's you just play as one character, with the other set to auto permanently
Neither of those options really seem very fun. While I can see how the dual-screen will work, it seems like control would be quite cumbersome.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Just checked out the "What's New" page, and I've gotta say, I'm a little disappointed that this isn't getting a release on a gaming console. There's a lot of new stuff and it would really work well on a single screen console; it'd be perfect for the Vita or Wii U. Heck, they could have pulled an "Overclocked" and released it on the 3DS...oh well. It's pretty darn disappointing that it turns out to be the iOS that gets this.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I

am disappointed. :( Ugh I don't even want to play this on iOS. WHY SQUARE ENIX

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
I've just woken up... so it was really just an iOS port? I'm sure the fires caused by this will rival the flames caused by the FFXIII Xbox port's announcement. Time to check GameFAQs!

Note: I've just seen the trailer, and it seems like they've violated canon themselves. There can be two players on the same screen in the iOS port.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Not only that, but... Shiki is now a pin. Are you serious???

And I'm wondering about the wonderful battles against Sho and the Iron Maiden and Uzuki and Kariya- they were designed for double screens and would make no sense otherwise. $quare-€nix did it again.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
This is going to bite them pretty badly, pretty sure. Lots of people got pissed by this (they had to take down a youtube video due to the mass dislikes and disabled the like system on other ones so I heard), and it's frankly pretty disappointing.

Gameplay's going to be wrecked by the merge and doubt it's really going to make the move without losing more stuff too on the way.

OH WELL

EDIT: Actually you can still see the count on the site's video. 280 likes... to 2,779 dislikes. I think that says it all.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Probably the worst part of this is the shameless breaking of canon. They made perfectly clear the reason as to why the two couldn't exist in the same plane during battles, as well as the reason that humans could not be turned into pins. Sure, it's fine as a gameplay design that you just accept, but the beauty of TWEWY is that you completely control the Neku. You are Neku. The music you hear is the music playing in his headphones, the options you pick are given canonical explanations, and gameplay is entirely canonical and story based; I guess they could justify it somehow, but it'd have to be pretty brilliant and undoubtedly convoluted, I don't see it as being very possible.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/sp.html

Okay... seems like another countdown is up. Along with the sheer amount of contradicting information we've gotten from SE, this is starting to get even more mind-screwing than TWEWY itself.
Somehow I knew they'd do something like this. It could be anything, so I'll just wait before making any conclusions.

Back