• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Potential TWEWY sequel - nope actually just an iphone port

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/sp.html

Okay... seems like another countdown is up. Along with the sheer amount of contradicting information we've gotten from SE, this is starting to get even more mind-screwing than TWEWY itself.
*_* Wow. Just...wow. I might forgive Square Enix if the second countdown is the sequel. *flashback*
TWEWY TRANSLATOR: 'twewy iOS is more of a drip than a leak'
Those weren't his exact words but...now I'm curious as a monkey named George.

Zet

Years
There's a 50/50 chance of this port being good or being bad. But from the looks of it, it will still be the same game but with a few more features and new controls.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The other countdown is a bunch of broken images for me. :(

darkpokeball

Years
The other countdown is a bunch of broken images for me. :(
Same. Once it hit zero, it just broke. By the way, I can't even think about getting the port. It's for ONLY 4th gen iPHONES and iPADS. Somehow, Square Enix forgot about those of us who have an iPod Touch.(and even then I probably still couldn't get it, because my iTouch is 3rd gen.)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
If that's true, I don't know why they didn't release the info simultaneously. Even if it was just a 30-second teaser or some artwork. It would have stopped 90% of the backlash from all the people who are disappointed about all the hype turning out to be nothing in the end.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
The canon break of the iOS version does lead to doubt that there might be a sequel, mainly because there are no other games to reject or confirm either canon (though they explain it in game, I'm not sure if they changed or added anything to the iOS' main story mode as I don't have it), so they can basically do what they want with canon, even if one rejects the other.

Having said that, that's not to say there won't be a sequel. TWEWY was released in 2007 in Japan, the DS was released in 2004 in Japan, there's almost a 3 year difference between their releases. It's only been a year, and barely more than that, since the 3DS was released; there's still time.

darkpokeball

Years
Oh gosh...solo remix, right? What if this is just a way to help adjust to a one-screen mechanic, meaning *gulp* PSVita. If there was a sequel, I'd rather it on the 3ds, however I can see it easily coming to Vita...(WiiU maybe)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Oh gosh...solo remix, right? What if this is just a way to help adjust to a one-screen mechanic, meaning *gulp* PSVita. If there was a sequel, I'd rather it on the 3ds, however I can see it easily coming to Vita...(WiiU maybe)

It's possible, after all, it's not uncommon for Tetsuya Nomura to give his games Remixes and then sequels and spin offs, There are three Remix titles in the Kingdom Hearts series. However, I doubt that he would do that to get people used to one-screen mechanics, especially since the Vita and Wii U have buttons, and thus they could be played just like the DS title.

Ivysaur

Years

I find it very hard to imagine them releasing the sequel for a *not really that popular* game in a different console- specially when said console is doing so horribly bad as the Vita, which has sold 10 times less than the 3DS (2 millions VS 20 in July).

In fact, as unlikely as it is, I'd see a PSP version before a PSV one (since it currently sells better than the Vita, and already has a 60-million userbase). Unless Sony starts pouring millions on SE-Jupiter, I don't think that's very likely to happen. And, if they were to do so, I'd actually think about giving that money to Capcom in exchange for a Monster Hunter instead...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Magazine leaks! Dunno how accurate. Nabbed the link off someone I follow on Twitter who is pretty quick with Square-Enix news.

http://toro.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/handygrpg/1346011898/398

The first image is a quick quote from the director of TWEWY (just the iOS version maybe? idk). The sentence with the read highlight reads as follows:
Because we are in the midst of preparing a lot of [content], please play the SoloRemix [while you are waiting*]

* this part is cut off so I'm guessing. Also the rest of the paragraph is generic "please play this port it is good we promise :)".

So that's exciting. And certainly a better deal than just a port whether it's a new addition to the IP instead or additional content for the iOS version. I'm kind of content either way since there's no way I'm buying the iOS version unless they add something. Hoping it implies the iOS game is just to tide us over for something better, though. Pleeease.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Given the context of the quote, I doubt it's more content for the iOS version.

Still, if they were to make one for another console (other than the DS, that is), I doubt they'd pick one of the current or last gen consoles. In fact, console developers would actually throw money at SE to put it on one of their new ones. After all, games like TWEWY are the types of games that sell systems; the first one might not have, but it had no reason to, it was the first game in its series, and newer systems need games to entice people to buy them, and a TWEWY game would do just that. Plus, they'd have far more to work with in terms of power, audio, memory, space, and the like, so I'd actually prefer that they develop for a next-gen (or rather, current gen) console, regardless if it's 3DS, PSV, or otherwise.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Yeah, if they were adding more content to the port, it seems to me like they would have advertised that it was expandable or would have DLC. That seems more appealing than just a straight port with altered controls, after all.

If they put it on the Vita, it would be incentive for me to run out and buy one despite there being literally nothing else I'm interested in right now. :P But I agree, I'd love to see a new game if it's not going to be another iOS thing. I might buy a Vita for one game but I don't see myself buying an iPad for it. <_< I can't imagine they'd go last-gen, though. Not when Square-Enix has released a fair few gems for 3DS already and is likely aiming to break into the Vita market with more than just ports. It's probably easier to develop for 3DS not just because they've already created several games with different studios on the system but because it's so close to the DS so they wouldn't really have to tweak all that much gameplay/design-wise from the first game unless they purposely wanted to.

darkpokeball

Years
If the sequel came out on PSVita, that would suck. I don't buy consoles for just one game, and I'l still loyal to my 3ds. If it came out for 3ds, you can expect me to buy it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Persona 4: The Golden is enticing enough a game for me to buy a system for it, but I'd get the Vita regardless since it's an attractive system anyway (though I'd definitely hold off on a purchase if not for P4, it is my biggest reason for buying it, after all), a TWEWY title would simply be a bonus. I already have a 3DS (an XL, my second 3DS in a year), so I'm really fine with whatever system they were to release it on, if they were to make one.

Ivysaur

Years
...couldn't they have posted that in the freaking website? They would have saved a 85% of angry people raging about them.

Years
...couldn't they have posted that in the freaking website? They would have saved a 85% of angry people raging about them.

Thaaaaat's our Square Enix! *laughtrack*

Now I'm wondering if we'll have to wait another five-six years before we hear anything else about it, since that seems to be a habit of theirs.

darkpokeball

Years
...Alternate universe maybe? Knowing Square Enix, they're probably going to leave us on a cliffhanger and not release the sequel.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
Watch Nomura say TWEWY2 will come out after they finish KH 3 which is on hold until versus is done. So what 15 years till TWEWY2? I hope not. I'd love a sequel. like streetpass on 3DS for trading pins and that kinda social aspect for the game would be cool.

Back