• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Fallout (OOC/SU)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@TornZero: Actually, a gun would most likely be enough to take down most pokespirit wielders. If they were useless I wouldn't care about people having them. >=P Lastly, guns don't exist in pokemon. It's for the better that they don't too, because boy are they lame when you consider that they one up the whole point of having a pokespirit, being stronger than any normal human can hope to be.

On the other hand I actually don't care if a character owns a sword. You'd be lucky to scratch a pokespirit wielder with one let alone cut fatally by a sword, and most pokespirit wielders should be able to break one being used defensively in a single attack. However, it is completely inappropriate for a pokespirit wielder to gain a sword upon fusion, as pokemon do not use swords so one is left asking how that happened. xD

Regardless, I'm going to take this SU myself now.

@ZeroDarkness: Alright... It looks like spellcheck is not detecting these errors, even mine, so I'm going to go ahead and point them out. "isn't neither" is a double negative. Remember that double negatives result in a positive. "isn't neither" results in "is both". You've got several run on sentences going here. You failed to show possession by ammending 's onto Lan in reference to Lan's death. You used don't instead of doesn't in reference to Ichigo not remembering his parents...

Holy moly. I'm not normally a stickler about grammar and the like but... there's really a lot of them. I don't know what to say, buddy. What's going on? That's the first and only immediate problem I'm seeing.

Zero Darkness

The Cripple Who Is Whole
Years
I changed the history a lot, and give up on the sword, I will correct things now.

BTW And what about the double move attack?

Last edited:

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I don't think I'd see a problem with the combination, since Solarbeam needs charging and Hyper Beam has a cool-down. The former would be more useful during that cool-down if you were already charging it when you fired Hyper Beam.

Zero Darkness

The Cripple Who Is Whole
Years
Great, and It does`nt need to be only solar beam and hyper beam, it can be any combination of a beam like thing ex. Flamethrower

Dawn

Years
You can combo attacks at will, keeping in mind combos are nice and slow without being already dangerously vulnerable attacks like solar beam or hyper beam. Combining the two in the middle of a fight would basically be giving your opponent plenty of time to obliterate you before you even get the attack off. See: horribly impractical.

Also, are you sure you want to go with a full offensive moveset? I mean I'm just going to throw it out there--full offensive is a low tier strategy. You will get absolutely steamrolled by anyone using any sort of status causer / damage mitigater such as light screen or thunder wave because although they don't do much short term, they rapidly become a huge problem for the opponent. /Very/ rapidly. You also won't be able to dodge most attacks generally unless you take an evasion move. If you're looking to perform combos, you want to be fast, and if you're looking to take a large beating you want to be able to buff your defenses.

All full offensive gives you is basically a guarantee to exploit any type weakness you choose, which can be completely shut down by light screen/reflect, or a burn, or someone buffing their defenses, or someone being evasive...

For instance, here are some of the movesets from my characters:

Hailey (Gardevoir): Stored Power, Calm Mind, Psych Up, Telekinesis, Focus Blast, Magic Coat

Arcea (Eelektross): Dragon Claw, Wild Charge, Flamethrower, Coil, Double Team, Light Screen

Lucy (Gulpin): Ice Punch, Amnesia, Acid Armor, Dynamic Punch, Hidden Power [Ground]

I'm not saying you can't do full offensive. I just don't want you to get in here and quickly become frustrated with your choices. I want you to be happy with them.

Charizard can learn plenty of nice stragetic moves.

Hone Claws, Dragon Dance, Double Team, Belly Drum, Roost, Mimic, Attract, Rest, Sunny Day (Would also compliment solarbeam well), Toxic, Roar ... and probably a move or two I missed!

Zero Darkness

The Cripple Who Is Whole
Years
So I think I will add Dragon Dance instead of hyper beam, for attack and speed, roost instead of Dragon Claw, for HP restore, and sunny day instead of shadow claw to make solar beam an instance attack which can be combined with Flamethrower to create a mass effect attack!
P.S. - Ichigo will not dance when he use dragon dance! XD

BTW - Am I accepted?!

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@Zero Darkness: Patience...

Looking over the revised SU I discovered one last thing that stuck out out to me. In your opening post you state that your character can fire attacks out of thin air, or anywhere from their body.

Pokemon aren't like that at all. Is this another Bleach thing? Because I have to say that Bleach is not remotely interchangeable with pokemon. Pokemon attack the way they do generally because that's the only or one of the only ways they can. This bugs me because it's a pretty convenient way to deus ex machina someone trying to outmaneuver your character in any way.

Zero Darkness

The Cripple Who Is Whole
Years
First of all, no, it`s not a Bleach thing. But I thought it could be better if I could shoot from other place like the palm, and as Cero said, you can shoot from only one place, so when someone see him attacking once he will know where he will attack next.
But if its really bug you I will change it to the mouth; but my opinion is that why not, why not let someone have a specific place to shoot in /place/ of his mouth?

Dawn

Years
@Zero Darkness: ...Because you're not a magmortar and therefore shouldn't attempt to be one? o_o;

Dawn

Years
@TornZero: ... Now I don't know how some members may feel about other RPers judging their SUs on top of the GMs. :P

I would also take issue with a magmortar trying to be a charizard.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Heh, sorry. That's kind of why I put the first/big one in spoilers, so he didn't have to read it if he didn't want to. (The problem with that is that people will read it anyways just to see what's in the spoiler. xP) And the GMs are RPers, too. I always feel like a GM's critique comes from the view of the RPer, instead of just in terms of accepting or declining them.

I wonder what a Magmortar trying to be a Charizard would be like. o_o;

Zero Darkness

The Cripple Who Is Whole
Years
Personally, I liked that TornZero helped me, I learn from it and advanced, other people might think that its not right that a RPer will judge their SU; but for me as long as its doesn`t mean or just to make fun on me its ok.
So I guess I will change it to the mouth, and ignore the Sample Post, I will not put it in the IC.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I know I'm not a GM, but I looked over Zero Darkness's SU 'cause...

Zero-I noticed your character wants revenge on Nicholas. My character Kilik also wants revenge on him too. :P Maybe they should meet up sometime. Anyway, I don't get what this Magmortar thing is about. Your grammer could use a little work, but all in all it's good. Cero's personality is a bit confusing for me to understand. You would be accepted, but I'm not a GM. We'll see what Yellow & Sir Bastian's answer will be.

Dawn

Years
@TornZero: ...Flying? Shooting flames from it's mouth? o-o

@Zero Darkness: Alright then... Huh. Without further ado, I guess I'm going to approve you!

Zero Darkness

The Cripple Who Is Whole
Years
I will start posting soon!
How long an averege post is when my character is alone?

Oh and Shiney Diamond, It`s look like that when both Ichigo and Kilik have the same purpose, just other reasons[but both because the family] so it seems that they can be good freinds!

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Zero-Definitely good friends! How 'bout they meet up in Mt. Coronet? I plan on getting Kilik to explore there, right after he finishes in his secret home in Eterna Forest.

Zero Darkness

The Cripple Who Is Whole
Years
Ichigo just got his spirit and now he went to the cave near Mt. Coronet, maybe on the way he will meet kilik who will help him train?

Back