The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Pokémon Gaming Central
Club Catch 'Em All Club!

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old July 20th, 2017 (11:38 AM).

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuraforever View Post
Rayquaza and Groudon are the same. Are you sure that's it's just because of a single move?

[Edit] Oh, so it's because of moves which weren't in the former games like Origin Pulse and Dragon Descent?! Wow, thanks for the advice! I never knew this, or else I would've been able to complete the Y Dex long before this!

Update: Now I've completed the National Dex for my Y game! Hooray!
Oh awesome, congrats! :D

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 20th, 2017 (12:45 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    Oh awesome, congrats! :D
    Thanks, I also just hatched shiny Gastly and Misdreavus, so today's a great day for me!

In Game Name: Kessiandra
    Friend Code: 5472 - 7671 - 0463
    Friend Safari: Fire (Pansear, Larvesta, Braxien)
    Old July 20th, 2017 (2:19 PM).
    Unprofessional Unprofessional

Nature: Adamant
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Himuraforever View Post
      Thanks, I also just hatched shiny Gastly and Misdreavus, so today's a great day for me!
      Congratulations! Glad to help out. Looks like that Shiny Charm is already putting itself to work. Congrats on those great shinies.
      Living Pokedex Complete: Y, C, LG, E, Pl, HG, B, B2, X, Y, OR, AS, M, UM
      Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X, Elements1 and ~RNC~

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
      Old July 21st, 2017 (8:10 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ShyRayq View Post
        Congratulations! Glad to help out. Looks like that Shiny Charm is already putting itself to work. Congrats on those great shinies.
        Thanks again! I've evolved shiny Kadabra, Machoke, Boldore, Gastly, Misdreavus, Petlil into their final forms and am currently hunting for a second shiny Slowpoke to make into a Slowking, and after that, I'll start working on hatching Cottonee and Rufflet, unless there's someone with Sun wishes to trade with me.

In Game Name: Kessiandra
        Friend Code: 5472 - 7671 - 0463
        Friend Safari: Fire (Pansear, Larvesta, Braxien)
        Old August 12th, 2017 (11:52 PM).

Slight revival.

I've been playing my Black 2 with the intention of completing a living dex. Currently going through the region and catching them all. It's a bit tedious due to the pokemon exclusive to shaking spots, but I should be done catching all the non-swarms in a few days. From there I need to start collecting White 2 exclusives.

Old September 13th, 2017 (3:39 PM).

I actually finished Moon the game main story, ultra beasts and pokedex in about 20 hours.
            Finished main story in 14 hours, ultra beasts took only about an hour or so and finishing the dex a bit longer because of the missing ultra beasts.

I ported all of the pokémon from my previous game in which I finished the dex as well.

I personally found it rather boring because of how easy it was to get the additional pokémon. Getting the first 151 pokémon was a real task back in the day because it was pretty much impossible to begin with. Luckily I had blue and my bro had red so we could trade quite a bit just in between us two.
            Old September 14th, 2017 (2:28 PM).
            Ghost Master

Nature: Timid
              Name: Veil
              Progress: One Marshadow away from Completion.

My Advice, Just buy every pokemon game from Diamond and Pearl onward, and for the legendaries, Trade Weedle for them all. I got nearely half the legendaries from trading weedles on the GTS.

I also have a crap ton of Hidden ability pokemon now.
              Old September 15th, 2017 (12:06 AM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by neoshai View Post
                I actually finished Moon the game main story, ultra beasts and pokedex in about 20 hours.
                Finished main story in 14 hours, ultra beasts took only about an hour or so and finishing the dex a bit longer because of the missing ultra beasts.

I ported all of the pokémon from my previous game in which I finished the dex as well.

I personally found it rather boring because of how easy it was to get the additional pokémon. Getting the first 151 pokémon was a real task back in the day because it was pretty much impossible to begin with. Luckily I had blue and my bro had red so we could trade quite a bit just in between us two.
                That's why you start fresh each new generation! Have days of fun recollecting all the pokemon.

From my previous post, I was just starting my living dex in Black 2. I started it in Black as well and have been simultaneously trying to complete both at the same time. After many, many trades, all I have left are pokemon not available in Gen V, which means I have to breed a bunch of stuff on my Platinum and play the stupid catching minigame too many times. I should complete my living dexes by the end of next week (hopefully).

Old September 16th, 2017 (12:43 PM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ShyRayq View Post
                  That's why you start fresh each new generation! Have days of fun recollecting all the pokemon.

From my previous post, I was just starting my living dex in Black 2. I started it in Black as well and have been simultaneously trying to complete both at the same time. After many, many trades, all I have left are pokemon not available in Gen V, which means I have to breed a bunch of stuff on my Platinum and play the stupid catching minigame too many times. I should complete my living dexes by the end of next week (hopefully).
                  Thing for me is that a lot of pokémon I have have been bred well and I definitely don't want to put hours upon hours trying to get the IV's wanted, nature wanted and EV training afterwards.
                  As well as some that can't get moves (or very hard) like beedrill with drill run (I think that's what the move is called that you get with BP in oras, don't think you can get that on sumo)
                  Old September 24th, 2017 (3:59 AM). Edited September 24th, 2017 by 27thColt.
                  The Collector

Nature: Jolly
                    Hello! I completed the Sun Moon pokedex earlier this year and am currently working on my Living National Dex. I started working on it once I replayed my Pokemon X a month or two before I got Moon last November and I am nearly done!

Name/Nickname: 27thColt you can call me 'Colt'
                    Current Progress: According to this site, I am 97.4% the way done with only 21 pokemon missing, them being Unown, Stantler, the Seedot Line, as well as Mythicals. Despite this, I'd say I still have a bit more work to do since I'm in progress in getting all permanent alternate forms (I still don't have the aforementioned Unowns, Summer/Autumn Deerling & Sawsbuck, and Orange Flabebe) as well as every pokemon that features gender differences.

Doing something like this has always been a dream for me as a kid but just now I've been able to fulfill it.
                    If anyone needs any mons I'm always free to help ^_^ (although I have a busy sched)
                    Old September 24th, 2017 (1:38 PM).

I'm replaying Gold and considering trying to fully complete the dex there. Never done it on an older game before!
                    Old October 7th, 2017 (1:01 PM).
                    regular ghost

Nature: Quiet
                      Completed Alola regional dex! Quite fun, I think I managed to get them all trading only to evolve.
                      Now I'm working on ORAS Dex, still haven't completed the regional, but finished the game and got quite a few from the national already. Still got a long way to go, hope I can accomplish this, since I've got no event exclusives. Hoping someday I'll get my own Mew, ever since I found out it can learn Transform <3
                      Old October 9th, 2017 (2:36 PM).
                      The Cynical Completionist

Nature: Lonely
                        Name/Nickname: Alex aka SaniOKh
                        Current Progress: Done, done and done, to the point where I have a living dex for every generation starting with Generation III.

I did use cheating devices for event-exclusives in generations three to five (I was late to the party, and I just hate staring at empty spots in a supposedly complete Pokédex) but thanks to the Pokémon 20 series of event distributions, and me diligently following all event-exclusive Pokémon distributions since buying X and Y, I can safely say that all my event-exclusives from Generation VI onward have been legit (I did duplicate Volcanion to both send it to Generation VII and keep it for Generation VI, but let's not dwell on that :) ) . I got myself a Marshadow earlier today on my way from work.

And yeah, despite there being no National Dex in Generation VII, I have a full living dex for it nevertheless. Because it didn't feel right otherwise.

Friend codes:
                        Electric-type Safari: 4468-2370-5617 (Electrode - Pikachu - Galvantula) | Dark-type Safari: 1134-8222-3179 (Nuzleaf - Cacturne - Liepard)
                        PM before adding. If you don't mention which code you added, I will NOT add you back.
                        Old October 9th, 2017 (2:46 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by SaniOKh View Post
                          Name/Nickname: Alex aka SaniOKh
                          Current Progress: Done, done and done, to the point where I have a living dex for every generation starting with Generation III.

I did use cheating devices for event-exclusives in generations three to five (I was late to the party, and I just hate staring at empty spots in a supposedly complete Pokédex) but thanks to the Pokémon 20 series of event distributions, and me diligently following all event-exclusive Pokémon distributions since buying X and Y, I can safely say that all my event-exclusives from Generation VI onward have been legit (I did duplicate Volcanion to both send it to Generation VII and keep it for Generation VI, but let's not dwell on that :) ) . I got myself a Marshadow earlier today on my way from work.

And yeah, despite there being no National Dex in Generation VII, I have a full living dex for it nevertheless. Because it didn't feel right otherwise.
                          Welcome to the club! I didn't think there'd be many people who did that, since most just keep 1 updated dex. Do you just have simple living dexes (1 of each) or do you keep formes as well? Personally I just keep a simple living dexes in all of mine.

Old October 9th, 2017 (11:09 PM).
                          The Cynical Completionist

Nature: Lonely
                            Just simple living dexes. As long as the "caught" entry appears in the Pokédex, that's good enough for me :) .

Friend codes:
                            Electric-type Safari: 4468-2370-5617 (Electrode - Pikachu - Galvantula) | Dark-type Safari: 1134-8222-3179 (Nuzleaf - Cacturne - Liepard)
                            PM before adding. If you don't mention which code you added, I will NOT add you back.
                            Old October 12th, 2017 (7:41 PM).

<p>anyone trying to complete the GS dex with the new virtual console re-releases?</p>
                            Old October 13th, 2017 (9:32 AM).
                            Blathering Fool

Nature: Lax
                              This is a pretty cool club that I wouldn't mind keeping up with, wish I knew about it a few weeks ago when I was still working on my Moon Pokedex. With the addition of Marshadow, I now have my Moon Pokedex at 100% 302/302. I actually thought it was a pretty easy pokedex to get through. I traded a lot on the GTS to get most of my pokedex filled out. I also don't have Pokebank, so everything I got on Moon was from that game and anything I could grab on the GTS.
                              I managed to get the version exclusive UB's by trading their counterparts on the GTS, and my favorite trade I did was I traded a Lanturn to get a Solgaleo on the GTS.

I'm thinking about going back to my copy of Omega Ruby and trying to complete the National Pokedex on there. I already finished the Regional Dex on OR, but I really want to get every pokemon on that game including the mythicals. I know I still need Celebi, Jirachi, and Mewtwo. There might be a few more mythicals I need, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

"Somewhere off in a distant world, an island exists, where the ocean only meets the sand, where the weather is always warm. An adventure begins, traveling from the vast lands into the deep seas, chasing into the heart of the tropics, where the plants are vibrant and the beasts are fantastic. We will find each other there, chasing the fleeting dreams of a land full of beauty and potential."
                              Old October 15th, 2017 (10:32 AM).

congrats! I didn't get so lucky with Lanturn -> Solgaleo type trades, I mostly had to trade away a bunch of my ORAS transferred legendaries in order to get some of the rarer Alola mons, haha. Didn't matter in the end though, I just restarted AS and got em all back.
                              Old November 6th, 2017 (11:23 PM).

Mini bump.

So, before USUM, I wanted to get a head start on the Pokedex in HGSS. In particular, I wanted to get the Johto Safari Zone time exclusive pokemon; the ones that require you to wait in real time. I set up the safari zone on my SS cartridge in July and just today, I finally finished with it. In total 140 days of waiting, the longest being Gible at 120 days. I don't think I'll continue until after USUM come out though, but I'm thankful I finally got this out of way, especially because not many people have done this.

Old November 9th, 2017 (1:31 PM). Edited November 9th, 2017 by TheUncreativeSawsbuckFan.
                                TheUncreativeSawsbuckFan TheUncreativeSawsbuckFan is offline
                                Despite all my rage, I'm still just a deer in a cage

Nature: Timid
                                I don't have Sun right now (lost) but I'm trying to complete the dex in Omega Ruby

IGN: Karma
                                Progress: 529/721
                                Flaunt your personality"
                                Old December 5th, 2017 (4:55 AM).
                                Banned

Nature: Naive
                                  Very looking forward to this weekend as I'll hopefully be able to catch a bunch more Pokémon! I stopped just wandering around and catching Pokémon that way, I've just been catching them in approximately Dex order while watching netflix all day, and it is a lot of fun ahaha
                                  Old December 5th, 2017 (10:55 AM).
                                  Blathering Fool

Nature: Lax
                                    I started trying to complete the Omega Ruby national Pokédex about two weeks ago. I'm a little nervous about figuring out how to get my hands on some Mythical Pokemon without having to give away too much of my rare collection. So far I have around 615 Pokemon out of the 721. I've completed the Pokédex generations 1, 2, and 3, but I don't have the Legendary Bird Trio, Mewtwo, Lugia, Celebi, or Jirachi.

I'll update more when I either get my hands on some of those Legendary Pokemon or if I complete the other generations within the Pokédex.

"Somewhere off in a distant world, an island exists, where the ocean only meets the sand, where the weather is always warm. An adventure begins, traveling from the vast lands into the deep seas, chasing into the heart of the tropics, where the plants are vibrant and the beasts are fantastic. We will find each other there, chasing the fleeting dreams of a land full of beauty and potential."
                                    Old December 10th, 2017 (9:00 PM).

About 3 weeks since USUM have come out, I've caught almost everything available in the wild in UM. I still need to catch all the legendaries in the Wormholes but I'll leave those for later. For the Alola dex, before I tackle US, I still need Poliwrath (because it never rains in Malie Garden) and Volcarona (the hardest SOS exclusive). After that I'm gonna do mass-breeding and evolving to get everything before I start US. Hopefully I'll be done before the year is up.

Quick Reply