Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #126    
Old February 1st, 2015 (1:27 PM).
Wobb's Avatar
Wobb Wobb is offline
Wynaut
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: behind you
Gender: Male
Posts: 277
Hey, TheRealOCD! The hack looks great! I can't wait to play it! Also, what happened to Pokemon Crystal Clear? (I think that was the name)
__________________
Wobba Wobba Woo!
Started a new hack: Pokemon Colors! I don't have a thread yet
Rip. Pokemon Colors died.
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #127    
Old February 1st, 2015 (1:44 PM).
Sefuree's Avatar
Sefuree Sefuree is offline
Lord Kek
     
    Join Date: May 2014
    Location: Canada
    Age: 16
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 3,250
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WobbuffetWynaut View Post
    Hey, TheRealOCD! The hack looks great! I can't wait to play it! Also, what happened to Pokemon Crystal Clear? (I think that was the name)
    Dead....

    Thanks so much! It will be available soon!
    __________________

    Reply With Quote
      #128    
    Old February 5th, 2015 (12:14 PM).
    Sefuree's Avatar
    Sefuree Sefuree is offline
    Lord Kek
       
      Join Date: May 2014
      Location: Canada
      Age: 16
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 3,250
      Hello everyone.

      I have a little update for you guys.

      1.
      The poll is open again. It will be closed on February 15th 2015 so, Get those votes in there!

      2.
      I'm working on the story for the rest of the week so, i should have a lot more details on it soon!

      Thanks for everyone's support! More updates to come!

      - TheRealOCD
      __________________

      Reply With Quote
        #129    
      Old February 6th, 2015 (4:12 AM).
      chrunch chrunch is offline
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Oct 2009
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 1,349
      Your tiles look pretty nice, especially the snowy ones but I feel like you could improve your mapping. Looking at your maps for the routes it's literally just a straight line through most of the time. What's the point of adding wild grass when 100% of it can be avoided? It makes no sense from a gameplay standpoint.

      In terms of the scripting, do you have any more scripts to show us? The starter script is a bit short, even if the professor doesn't have a lab you should make getting the starter more interesting than just a simple yes/no script. Just getting handed your starter outside of your house isn't very exciting at all, maybe you could have the player go to the first route with the professor to help him catch the starter or something. And why is the starter Dratini? I'm not a big fan of changing the starter types in general, especially when it's to a seemingly random Pokemon like Dratini.

      Your hack has potential but I think there are a lot of issues with it right now. Like I said before, the tiles are very pretty but you should work on the layout of your maps. I'd like to see some more scripting too, because what you have right now is very underwhelming. I think with a little bit more work this could be a very good hack, good luck!
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #130    
      Old February 6th, 2015 (5:50 PM).
      anonyboy's Avatar
      anonyboy anonyboy is offline
      Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-Creator
         
        Join Date: Sep 2013
        Location: Israel
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 277
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
        Your tiles look pretty nice, especially the snowy ones but I feel like you could improve your mapping. Looking at your maps for the routes it's literally just a straight line through most of the time. What's the point of adding wild grass when 100% of it can be avoided? It makes no sense from a gameplay standpoint.

        In terms of the scripting, do you have any more scripts to show us? The starter script is a bit short, even if the professor doesn't have a lab you should make getting the starter more interesting than just a simple yes/no script. Just getting handed your starter outside of your house isn't very exciting at all, maybe you could have the player go to the first route with the professor to help him catch the starter or something. And why is the starter Dratini? I'm not a big fan of changing the starter types in general, especially when it's to a seemingly random Pokemon like Dratini.

        Your hack has potential but I think there are a lot of issues with it right now. Like I said before, the tiles are very pretty but you should work on the layout of your maps. I'd like to see some more scripting too, because what you have right now is very underwhelming. I think with a little bit more work this could be a very good hack, good luck!
        well as a partner in making Hybrid and being in charge of new features and graphics, i can say that i may change some mapping (and i think i map well, you can look through the maps in my hack if you wish. and all i can tell you is that OCD will make a good hack of this in time, i myself don't know how to script but i'll help with some ASM related stuff! and i might take charge of some story aspects, like adding a gym to Vertrose to behave as the 5th gym.
        __________________
        Pokemon....

        A new Dawn of ROM Hacking.....
        Reply With Quote
          #131    
        Old February 6th, 2015 (5:55 PM).
        Sefuree's Avatar
        Sefuree Sefuree is offline
        Lord Kek
           
          Join Date: May 2014
          Location: Canada
          Age: 16
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 3,250
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by anonyboy View Post
          well as a partner in making Hybrid and being in charge of new features and graphics, i can say that i may change some mapping (and i think i map well, you can look through the maps in my hack if you wish. and all i can tell you is that OCD will make a good hack of this in time, i myself don't know how to script but i'll help with some ASM related stuff! and i might take charge of some story aspects, like adding a gym to Vertrose to behave as the 5th gym.
          Well, I still need to finish a lot of the story and the region! Thanks for helping me out anoy!
          __________________

          Reply With Quote
            #132    
          Old February 8th, 2015 (10:39 AM).
          FireGamerPro's Avatar
          FireGamerPro FireGamerPro is offline
             
            Join Date: Nov 2014
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 52
            This hack is realy quiet(
            __________________
            Reply With Quote
              #133    
            Old February 8th, 2015 (4:57 PM).
            Sefuree's Avatar
            Sefuree Sefuree is offline
            Lord Kek
               
              Join Date: May 2014
              Location: Canada
              Age: 16
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 3,250
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by FireGamerPro View Post
              This hack is realy quiet(
              HUGE UPDATE

              My computer is screwed up and i lost everything!

              I lost every single pokemon ROM hack file.


              All my pokemon crystal clear, pokemon fire red reborn and pokemon hybrid files are gone!

              I might try to restart later today but........

              Hoping to bring you guys updates soon!

              - TheRealOCD
              __________________

              Reply With Quote
                #134    
              Old February 8th, 2015 (5:19 PM).
              Fun Size's Avatar
              Fun Size Fun Size is offline
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2014
                Location: America
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 956
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by TheRealOCD View Post
                HUGE UPDATE

                My computer is screwed up and i lost everything!

                I lost every single pokemon ROM hack file.


                All my pokemon crystal clear, pokemon fire red reborn and pokemon hybrid files are gone!

                I might try to restart later today but........

                Hoping to bring you guys updates soon!

                - TheRealOCD
                Oh man that's an awful thing to happen! I'm super sorry that you lost everything. Did you ever upload anything to the cloud like a backup in case anything like this happened or is everything actually gone? Either way it seems you're taking this very well (better than I could) and I hope you're able to get past this hurdle.
                __________________


                "Memories warm you up from
                the inside."
                Reply With Quote
                  #135    
                Old February 8th, 2015 (5:25 PM). Edited December 6th, 2015 by Sefuree.
                Sefuree's Avatar
                Sefuree Sefuree is offline
                Lord Kek
                   
                  Join Date: May 2014
                  Location: Canada
                  Age: 16
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 3,250
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Fun Size View Post
                  Oh man that's an awful thing to happen! I'm super sorry that you lost everything. Did you ever upload anything to the cloud like a backup in case anything like this happened or is everything actually gone? Either way it seems you're taking this very well (better than I could) and I hope you're able to get past this hurdle.
                  No, the only thing i have backed up is Crystal clear and fire red reborn.

                  I'm currently installing Steam! (It's going to be a long night)
                  __________________

                  Reply With Quote
                    #136    
                  Old February 8th, 2015 (8:45 PM).
                  Jukai's Avatar
                  Jukai Jukai is offline
                  JET DINO, YEAH
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2014
                    Location: IN THE FOREST
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quirky
                    Posts: 163
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TheRealOCD View Post
                    HUGE UPDATE

                    My computer is screwed up and i lost everything!

                    I lost every single pokemon ROM hack file.


                    All my pokemon crystal clear, pokemon fire red reborn and pokemon hybrid files are gone!

                    I might try to restart later today but........

                    Hoping to bring you guys updates soon!

                    - TheRealOCD
                    Ah man, Sorry to hear that. Hopefully if you restart it'll be back to its former glory. Good luck with that.
                    __________________


                    Reply With Quote
                      #137    
                    Old February 8th, 2015 (10:09 PM).
                    anonyboy's Avatar
                    anonyboy anonyboy is offline
                    Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-Creator
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2013
                      Location: Israel
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 277
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by TheRealOCD View Post
                      HUGE UPDATE

                      My computer is screwed up and i lost everything!

                      I lost every single pokemon ROM hack file.


                      All my pokemon crystal clear, pokemon fire red reborn and pokemon hybrid files are gone!

                      I might try to restart later today but........

                      Hoping to bring you guys updates soon!

                      - TheRealOCD
                      Rest Assure OCD, Anonyboy has the backup! and i'd love to save your ass cause i'm stuck with AE because i can't script.
                      __________________
                      Pokemon....

                      A new Dawn of ROM Hacking.....
                      Reply With Quote
                        #138    
                      Old February 9th, 2015 (12:47 PM).
                      Ocular Stratus's Avatar
                      Ocular Stratus Ocular Stratus is offline
                      It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2014
                        Location: Minerva, Ohio
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Adamant
                        Posts: 71
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by anonyboy View Post
                        Rest Assure OCD, Anonyboy has the backup! and i'd love to save your ass cause i'm stuck with AE because i can't script.
                        Holy muk! Wait can I use profanity here? Moving on, OCD glad to see you brought some veterans on to your team otherwise things could have gone a really bad way. In the future you should definitely use maybe Dropbox or something else to periodically save your project. Thanks anonyboy for saving the day. I really like the determination of the project to become complete against all odds.
                        __________________

                        Username:
                        Ocular Stratus
                        Favorite Pokemon:

                        I Love Pokemon!
                        & Nothing you say will ever make me grow up...

                        Thursday
                        Thanks For All The Help Making This Sig :D
                        Reply With Quote
                          #139    
                        Old February 9th, 2015 (12:49 PM).
                        anonyboy's Avatar
                        anonyboy anonyboy is offline
                        Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-Creator
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2013
                          Location: Israel
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 277
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Ocular Stratus View Post
                          Holy muk! Wait can I use profanity here? Moving on, OCD glad to see you brought some veterans on to your team otherwise things could have gone a really bad way. In the future you should definitely use maybe Dropbox or something else to periodically save your project. Thanks anonyboy for saving the day. I really like the determination of the project to become complete against all odds.
                          You can use a bit Profanity to my knowledge, just don't go wild with it. and i'm not a veteran.... i can't script for god's sake. anyhow hybrid is saved and soon me and OCD Will plan the 3rd city.
                          __________________
                          Pokemon....

                          A new Dawn of ROM Hacking.....
                          Reply With Quote
                            #140    
                          Old February 9th, 2015 (1:30 PM).
                          Ocular Stratus's Avatar
                          Ocular Stratus Ocular Stratus is offline
                          It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2014
                            Location: Minerva, Ohio
                            Age: 24
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Adamant
                            Posts: 71
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by anonyboy View Post
                            You can use a bit Profanity to my knowledge, just don't go wild with it. and i'm not a veteran.... i can't script for god's sake. anyhow hybrid is saved and soon me and OCD Will plan the 3rd city.
                            the only thing I can really do it edit OW sprites, so I mean you're more of a veteran then I am.
                            __________________

                            Username:
                            Ocular Stratus
                            Favorite Pokemon:

                            I Love Pokemon!
                            & Nothing you say will ever make me grow up...

                            Thursday
                            Thanks For All The Help Making This Sig :D
                            Reply With Quote
                              #141    
                            Old February 9th, 2015 (1:49 PM).
                            anonyboy's Avatar
                            anonyboy anonyboy is offline
                            Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-Creator
                               
                              Join Date: Sep 2013
                              Location: Israel
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Adamant
                              Posts: 277
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Ocular Stratus View Post
                              the only thing I can really do it edit OW sprites, so I mean you're more of a veteran then I am.
                              well maybe, everybody has a key field, even though it takes time and learning, eventually everybody learns. GL with hacking and don't give up.
                              __________________
                              Pokemon....

                              A new Dawn of ROM Hacking.....
                              Reply With Quote
                                #142    
                              Old February 10th, 2015 (12:30 PM). Edited February 10th, 2015 by Sefuree.
                              Sefuree's Avatar
                              Sefuree Sefuree is offline
                              Lord Kek
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2014
                                Location: Canada
                                Age: 16
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Adamant
                                Posts: 3,250
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by リベンジスター View Post
                                Ah man, Sorry to hear that. Hopefully if you restart it'll be back to its former glory. Good luck with that.
                                I have a backup! Thanks.

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by anonyboy View Post
                                Rest Assure OCD, Anonyboy has the backup! and i'd love to save your ass cause i'm stuck with AE because i can't script.
                                I'm on the case!

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Ocular Stratus View Post
                                Holy muk! Wait can I use profanity here? Moving on, OCD glad to see you brought some veterans on to your team otherwise things could have gone a really bad way. In the future you should definitely use maybe Dropbox or something else to periodically save your project. Thanks anonyboy for saving the day. I really like the determination of the project to become complete against all odds.
                                I have it all on mediafire and dropbox! Thanks.

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by anonyboy View Post
                                You can use a bit Profanity to my knowledge, just don't go wild with it. and i'm not a veteran.... i can't script for god's sake. anyhow hybrid is saved and soon me and OCD Will plan the 3rd city.
                                I'm working on the 3rd city at the moment!

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Ocular Stratus View Post
                                the only thing I can really do it edit OW sprites, so I mean you're more of a veteran then I am.
                                I might need your help! Thanks.

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by anonyboy View Post
                                well maybe, everybody has a key field, even though it takes time and learning, eventually everybody learns. GL with hacking and don't give up.
                                A VERY LONG TIME!

                                _____________________

                                UPDATE

                                1. The poll is now closed!

                                Here are the results:

                                Demo Version

                                Spoiler:
                                Votes: 8

                                Voters:
                                anonyboy, Anrin Das, fidgety, gamercomix615, narutodkurosaki, Nex, Pedro99, uberiffic


                                Alpha Version

                                Spoiler:
                                Votes: 2

                                Voters:
                                FireGamerPro, wenjun155


                                Beta Version

                                Spoiler:
                                Votes: 49

                                Voters:
                                *Luxio//Hacks*, Akuma-Kun, angelphil, Avada Kedavra, リベンジスター, Barbie Jean, Benzorotarget, BlackStorm20x, Bliss, chaos_envoys, chrunch, classiccartoonsftw, CosmicBlazer, DarkBlazing Groudon, Dedenne1, Dragon33429, Fa12aw4y, Flourish, gabriel77, GenoDragon9999, harik97, Hopeless Masquerade, joexv, kannacool, Kingdom of Tea, Lawandorder, Linkdude231, Litwicky08013, Livewire, MachoPony, MarcusLPG, MattE, Nakasu, OmegaBlazerX, PineappleSauce, Pokeman 1992, PokeReject, Raiimeister, sater10, Sceptile90, Scythe Zack, SupaHM02, TheRealOCD, Unbalanced, warlockopain, wasso22, yugishad14, Yuuki_Asura, Zerkrom The Hedgehog


                                So I guess you guys are getting a beta!

                                More updates to come!

                                EDIT:

                                Here is professor Snodgrass!

                                __________________

                                Reply With Quote
                                  #143    
                                Old February 22nd, 2015 (11:25 AM).
                                Fludiskia928's Avatar
                                Fludiskia928 Fludiskia928 is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Feb 2015
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 6
                                  I really like the way this looks! As for the starters, I personally feel a bit sick of all the common starters.. If you could possibly pick something new and innovative for the starters, I think that would be fantastic!
                                  __________________
                                  What I support! If you get the chance, try them out! I think they are great.




                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #144    
                                  Old February 22nd, 2015 (11:38 AM).
                                  Sefuree's Avatar
                                  Sefuree Sefuree is offline
                                  Lord Kek
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2014
                                    Location: Canada
                                    Age: 16
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Adamant
                                    Posts: 3,250
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Fludiskia928 View Post
                                    I really like the way this looks! As for the starters, I personally feel a bit sick of all the common starters.. If you could possibly pick something new and innovative for the starters, I think that would be fantastic!
                                    Thanks! Well, the starters are up to the community! XD

                                    Thanks again for your feedback!
                                    __________________

                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #145    
                                    Old February 22nd, 2015 (11:47 AM).
                                    Fludiskia928's Avatar
                                    Fludiskia928 Fludiskia928 is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Feb 2015
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 6
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by TheRealOCD View Post
                                      Thanks! Well, the starters are up to the community! XD

                                      Thanks again for your feedback!
                                      Yeah, I suppose it is up to the community. I like when they are different, but that is personal preference I suppose.
                                      __________________
                                      What I support! If you get the chance, try them out! I think they are great.




                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #146    
                                      Old February 22nd, 2015 (12:10 PM). Edited February 22nd, 2015 by Spherical Ice.
                                      Jukai's Avatar
                                      Jukai Jukai is offline
                                      JET DINO, YEAH
                                         
                                        Join Date: Sep 2014
                                        Location: IN THE FOREST
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Quirky
                                        Posts: 163
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by TheRealOCD View Post
                                        Thanks! Well, the starters are up to the community! XD

                                        Thanks again for your feedback!
                                        Went for the Sinnoh starters, because PSYDUCKING TORTERRA I always really liked Torterra for some reason.
                                        __________________


                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #147    
                                        Old February 22nd, 2015 (12:21 PM).
                                        Sefuree's Avatar
                                        Sefuree Sefuree is offline
                                        Lord Kek
                                           
                                          Join Date: May 2014
                                          Location: Canada
                                          Age: 16
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Adamant
                                          Posts: 3,250
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by リベンジスター View Post
                                          Went for the Sinnoh starters, because PSYDUCKING TORTERRA I always really liked Torterra for some reason.
                                          Haha! Lol

                                          Thanks for the support! Once the Team Hack-off is finished, i will continue developing this game!
                                          __________________

                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #148    
                                          Old February 22nd, 2015 (9:04 PM).
                                          SKnight20's Avatar
                                          SKnight20 SKnight20 is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jan 2015
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 62
                                            hey therealocd im realy looking forward to hybrid version it looks impecable
                                            __________________
                                            SKnight 20 tryingto make a game of generations
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #149    
                                            Old February 22nd, 2015 (9:08 PM).
                                            Sefuree's Avatar
                                            Sefuree Sefuree is offline
                                            Lord Kek
                                               
                                              Join Date: May 2014
                                              Location: Canada
                                              Age: 16
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Adamant
                                              Posts: 3,250
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by SKnight20 View Post
                                              hey therealocd im realy looking forward to hybrid version it looks impecable
                                              Thanks!

                                              I will announce the release date soon!

                                              Glad to see this interests you!
                                              __________________

                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #150    
                                              Old February 22nd, 2015 (9:44 PM).
                                              SKnight20's Avatar
                                              SKnight20 SKnight20 is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jan 2015
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Posts: 62
                                                yea im realy looking forward to it
                                                __________________
                                                SKnight 20 tryingto make a game of generations
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                Reply

                                                Quick Reply

                                                Join the conversation!

                                                Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                Sponsored Links
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:26 PM.