• 49 replies
Age 21
Male
Australia
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
520 posts
9.4 Years
Oh I didn't mean Waver wasn't drawn by Takeuchi, just that Waver and Bedivere do not share an artist. Did he really get 11 five star servants from 800 SQ, that's amazing. Even if it's only 5 five star servants from 800 SQ, that's still so good. I've absolutely gone 1k+ quartz without a single one dropping, meanwhile some people I know have been able to get multiple servants from tickets alone. I wouldn't say it's frustrating since it's the nature of these kinds of things but your friend should treasure that result because at least the final outcome included Musashi.

Firebolt

Age 21
Male
The Land Down Under
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
601 posts
4.4 Years
Sorry, I misunderstood and feel even dumber now 😅. And I mistyped that really badly; he already had said Servants at NP2, and was able to NP3 those ones from this banner. If you don't consider the rate-up, it is indeed very good luck either way, and he now actually has more SSRs than I do yet he only buys Quartz for GSSR, whereas I... Uh...

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but here's my support list with my Friend Code at the top! (Just above the text I inserted into the pic, to stop scammers from using the screenshot.) I've only recently added Vlad here after feeling guilty that he was NP3 and barely used; he'll be level 90 soon.
Spoiler:

I also have other supports like Jeanne Alter, Waver, Merlin, etc. that I can swap if anyone really needs them, but I figured that you see them so much that people might appreciate something a little different at least. Finally, I don't mind PMs about this stuff if you're trying to add me and it's not working, or you want me to change something around.
Male
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
98 posts
186 Days
How was Shimousa for you guys? I surprisingly liked it a lot, compared to the previous 2 pseudo-singularities which were mind of meh for me.
There were some challenging fights like the
Spoiler:
Shuten&Raikou
but overall it wasn't stupid difficult.

Before playing though it I was aware that Danzo is a fan favorite in JP but I had no idea why, especially since she's quite lackluster compared to some other assassins. Now I get it...
Rolled some tickets this morning and instead of getting her, I managed to get Gramps, which is still a win. When the 4-star ticket comes around some time next year, Danzo is probably my pick.

Firebolt

Age 21
Male
The Land Down Under
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
601 posts
4.4 Years
Difficulty wise, the only map I had to start again was the Empireo fight; it would be so nice to have Single-Target Archers, but Chloe pulled through all the same despite only being 4/4/1. It was more dumb luck that I made it through comfortably the second time though; Empireo spent two whole turns spamming buffs/debuffs and allowed Merlin's NP to heal the whole team for two turns, it was whacked. That's not to say that the whole Singularity itself wasn't challenging, it was probably knowing that it was challenging that stopped me from letting my guard down, similar to how people were preparing their Euryale whole months in advance of Camelot release and therefore making that specific fight (y'all know the one) rather easy.

Story-wise, I have to admit that I found the damn monologues one stiff breeze away from becoming skippable. But once it got going, holy heck did it go down hard.
Spoiler:
The whole path to enlightenment and power-levels and stuff was something alright. Only sad part is that it felt a little incomplete because there was no 'big' battle right at the end with a Demon Pillar or something. I can't even remember where the Grail actually came from despite only finishing the chapter two days ago...

Kinda hoping they skip Salem now so we can get to Lostbelt and start seeing the story really progress.
Age 21
Male
Australia
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
520 posts
9.4 Years
I finished Shimousa last night, it was good. I didn't really have issues with any of the fights. You could argue being brough down to backline Herc for the double trouble was an issue but he had all his guts remaining so he easily had a few more turns in him to take out the small amount of remaining health.
Spoiler:
It was cool that Koutarou became grailed and 10/10/10 near the end, I used the story support for the first time in a while for that. You probably don't remember where the Holy Grail came from because there is no explanation for that. Which is preferable to shoehorning it in just because they have to give out a holy grail at the end. They won't skip Salem.
here is my code
Spoiler:
I'm saving my grails for Santaltera and then I'll decide whether to take NitoAss to 90 or if I just want to swap Shuten in.

Firebolt

Age 21
Male
The Land Down Under
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
601 posts
4.4 Years
Lucario's ID is coming up as invalid, but I got Crackin added! NitoButt is indeed good civ but if you're not feeling like Grailing her, that's fair as well. There's too many Caster and Assassin Grail candidates sadly.
Age 21
Male
Australia
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
520 posts
9.4 Years
I'll probably wait until the summer rerun and if I can get some NP levels on her then I'll feel better about grailing her. It took me 480 quartz and my small stash of tickets I was trying to build back up to get just one copy of her so I don't have faith. I was dealing with the android crashing issue for the first two days of the event, I couldn't play for longer than a minute so I just didn't play. It seems like it was a blessing in disguise because I wasn't far enough in the event for the other bug that removed mission progress to affect me if it did at all.
Spoiler:
I thought this event was worse than the previous Halloween event but Yan Qing and CEO Penth were both good. Cleo was good but she didn't appear much compared to Wu Zetian and Carmilla who were there the whole time but might as well not have been because of all the jack muk they did. I ended up choosing Mk. I because I got a little more attached to her and I was kind of hoping the giant Mk. II actually did something more than stand there but she didn't.

The new not-Halloween event in JP looks interesting, mostly because of how suspicious the information that has been released is, or lack thereof. I am not disappointed that they just ditched the Halloween theme because I have no attachment to it.

Firebolt

Age 21
Male
The Land Down Under
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
601 posts
4.4 Years
I gotcha fam, and yes, considering how much people seem to hate her localisation, she appears to be all yours :' ).

I also had a very similar problem with rolling for Nitocris, except I was dumb enough to summon on the first day instead of her solo rate-up and miraculously pulled her with my last bit of Quartz after some spooks, NP2 Nero and a Fran. I got caught up in the hype and I really felt like muk until the moment I was able to save a bit more to the fated 30 and roll again.
Male
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
98 posts
186 Days
So about that maintenance fiasco...
I'm not really mad about the streak being broken. We will get the compensation for the 8 mil campaign eventually and the amount of free quartz they gave use did put a smile on my face.
What I am not happy about is staying up late to try and preserve the streak since it was said there would a 2 hour window to log in, just to be denied.
Age 21
Male
Australia
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
520 posts
9.4 Years
I enjoyed the chaos. Maintenance of absurd lengths never fail to produce quality content from the community. I couldn't care less about things out of my control, once they extended it to 24 hours it was out of my hands but the timing of it was also not problematic for me since it was the two hours before I went to work. I never really acknowledged my total login number anyway, for a number I care about; I hit Lv140 last week and got that juicy extra point for team building.
Age 21
Male
Australia
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
520 posts
9.4 Years
Salem was a great chapter, the only real problem was the timegates because I feel like it would've improved the experience if it had just let me binge the entire thing. It appears Meteo probably wrote this one so I hope he can write more chapters in the future, it was very word heavy but it felt very meaty because of how willing he was to go into the details like the plays which I feel would have just been glossed over if written by some of the other fgo chapter regulars. The unsettling mystery vibe was top and the servants that were included in this chapter were treated extremely nicely by him. I still think I won't try summon for any of them just yet, considering the two I want aren't limited or story locked and will probably just spook me down the line.

I don't think it beats out Camelot or Babylonia but it's definitely on the same tier as the ccc event for me.
Male
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
98 posts
186 Days
It wasn't Babylonia, but damn it was amazing. I especially liked the characterization; Sanson, for example, was a servant I never really cared about before. But here, he was a proper character (let's leave it at that without going into spoiler territory). I even found the villains to be quite enjoyable. Not to mention both of the new casters are just adorable. Nezha is kind of meh though. Having Mash with us once more was really nice as well.
I'll try some tickets on Abby's banner, hope my insane luck is still with me.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy

Male
breathing in the sun (Miami, FL)
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
3,283 posts
10.9 Years
60 quartz got me Abby and Caster of Midrash x 2. Abby was my most wanted servant and I actually saved up a few quartz for her which is something I never do, lol. My luck has turned around after not getting any 5 stars for about 6-7 months.

Cid

Age 24
Male
Philippines
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
3,522 posts
11.9 Years
My experience of the Fate series has only been through the two Ufotable anime Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, and it's been a long time since I've seen either of them. Idk if I want to try Fate/Grand Order with only those two as my prior exposure.

That said, this game bleeds into our group chat with my best friends quite often, since two of them play and seem really into it. Not the type of game I want to get addicted to, but I am intrigued nonetheless.
Male
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
98 posts
186 Days
There are people without much prior Fate exposure that enjoy this game. That being said, I do think the game is best enjoyed if you're somewhat familiar with Fate. You could try watching some of the currently airing Fate/Grand Order: Babylonia and see if you'd like to experience the full story, but beware that it does contain major spoilers.
Age 21
Male
Australia
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
520 posts
9.4 Years
Christmas event is soon, I'm very excited for Santaltera. Unfortunately I don't have the grails to go past Lv90 right now but I can get her to that level and max her skills immediately. I was prepared to grind a ton of boxes for this event but looking at the contents I don't actually need that much of the junk in there so I'll probably be happy to go for 80-100 Boxes just for the EXP. I'll save my apples for the next lottery in a months time that has significantly better contents (Bones, Dust, Bones, Fangs, Bones, Bones, etc.).
Age 21
Male
Australia
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
520 posts
9.4 Years
So how did everybody do for christmas. I know that this event had some pretty bulky enemies with 300k+ health so farming some nodes wasn't exactly easy. I ended up reaching 100 boxes, after telling myself that it was impossible with the time I had and then shortly thereafter deciding that I would prove myself wrong. I also hit the QP cap, I have plenty of servants that I would upgrade skills for but I don't have any bones and literally all of them are gated by bones right now, it's a little frustrating so I'll have to upgrade the skills of servants that are second priority first.
Male
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
98 posts
186 Days
Happy new year everyone!
What does your road-map for 2020 look like? Mine is Hokusai (whom I managed to pull this morning ^u^), Surfdred (whenever the downloads campaign comes), Okita Alter, Skadi, Jeanne Archer (although I doubt I'll pull her, she's coming pretty soon after both Okita and Skadi) and Gil. I might also throw my tickets at Achilles, but I won't be rolling quartz on him.

May the gacha gods bless you with EX Luck!
Age 21
Male
Australia
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
520 posts
9.4 Years
I tried for Hokusai and failed miserably, got a whole lot of CEs. BUT I used up all 3.6 Million friend points I accumulated and got NP5 Angry Mango so I'm pretty happy about that. I only had one from the 5~ Million I had used previously, but got four more in just 3 Million.

I rolled the GSSR and got Moriarty, which is a so-so result since I like him but was never going to pull on his rate ups. Nobody from the people I know pulled someone they really wanted so that is unfortunate.

I don't really have a roadmap, I'll just see how it goes. Skadi is pretty obvious but also some summer servants, Bradamante and Okitan. Nitocris Assassin NP levels is also on the table, and GudaGuda Poster Girl if it is available or if NA skips the rate up for it again.
Advertiser Content