• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genesect and the legend awakened sucks ???

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Sep 28, 2016
So hey,
I just been watching this movie and i was like: Why the hell ???? What the fuk ???
Like really.... i think genesect and the legend awakened is the worst movie of all because the voice acting,Mewtwo not remembering ash,Mewtwo is all fudged up
For me, pokemon anime is ruined
Anybody with me ??

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
No I strongly disagree with you about the anime being ruined. And I meant strongly. Not only that, but that wasn't the same Mewtwo that Ash was with. Not to mention those movies have little canon value now.

But the Mewtwo was different. It was created by a different group. It was not the same as Mewtwo that we know and we know there is more than one Mewtwo now.

You cannot judge the entire pokemon series based on a single movie or the movies in general.

And it isn't just pokemon. Almost every movie that is based on a show, sucks. It isn't just pokemon. It is every TV Show that gets movies.

People are used to watching the show, so you get more. But with a movie, you are restricted to an extreme especially when you only have around a 2 to 3 hour long time frame to work with.

Genesect movie wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst by a long shot. And movies rarely share a consistency with each other and they are rarely canon to the anime. Only 3 of the Sinnoh movies are the only ones that are linked to one another. All other are like totally different books.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Sep 28, 2016
Isn't mewtwo artificial ?
Also he got memory from series The first movie and second ??
I dont believe this is diffrent mewtwo .
But he "creators" of this movie fucked it up.

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2019
Sorry but I agree with IcyIce.

As stated that Mewtwo doesn't remember Ash because that mewtwo never met Ash. The backstory has differences to movie 1.
The first mewtwo never went to the experiment stage because he blew up the place. Never tortured in other words.
This second mewtwo was tortured before breaking out.

The first mewtwo was completely healthy after destroying the lab and was taken by giovanni to the gym which it later destroyed.
This second mewtwo was injured after the explosion and flew to a cave where it was nursed back to health by wild Pokemon.

The scientists are not the same scientists as in the first movie. They're completely different.

That's all the differences outside of the completely different personality to the first and also being female while the first is male that I can remember.

I understand where the confusion is coming from. Originally there was 1 mewtwo until another bunch of scientists created a second one. They have no knowledge of the first mewtwo and thus called their clone also mewtwo. For some reason cloning Mew seems to result in that look which is cartoon logic I guess.

That said this isn't restricted to the anime.
In Pokemon XY when you catch mewtwo and talk to Trevor he actually at one point asks you whether you caught mewtwo and if you did he will state that he caught one too. The only way for that to happen is if there is 2 mewtwo in game canon.

I wouldn't say the movie ruined anything really. I felt certain aspects wasn't as fresh as it could have been but that's probably my only real beef with it.

The whole legendary versus legendary has been done to death by this point.=/

There's alot more differences with this mewtwo probably but I haven't seen the special episode that was linked to this mewtwo. It was never aired where I live.

Last edited:
Back