• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Uncaught Shadow pokemon going to specific trainer

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
I'm slowly getting back into my pokemon fan game. A major plot point of the game involves heavy use of shadow pokemon. In pokemon xd, if the player fails to catch a shadow pokemon, it would go to miror b to be caught at a later time.

I want to do the same thing, but using a different character. The problem I'm having is there is no place I can find that tells me how to do this. The essentials wiki shows this blurb when mentioning the topic:

In Pokémon XD, Miror B. would collect any Shadow Pokémon the player knocked out, and would occasionally appear with these Pokémon. You could add a similar feature to your game, using the array $Trainer.shadowcaught to determine which Shadow Pokémon Miror B. can have.

And that's it. Nothing about how to use the array to achieve what XD did, or anything. I'm sorry if I'm missing something, but how am I supposed to know what to do from just this?

Back