• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Anime Discussion # 398: Hi Ho Silver Wind

Years
Here is where you can discuss the start of the Grand Festival in "Hi Ho Silver Wind."

My review to come forthwith.

What clip show? ;)

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
Years
The episode was pretty good. Same old Harley. But they did skip episode 397...Must be because May had a memory of battling Jynx.
I also noticed something intresting. In most of the scenes where the you could see the cages, you could see a purple-faced Jynx! And I'm talking about the American version. It probably wasn't edited out because it was a minor scene.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
So is the episode where May gets her 5th ribbion? How come they calling it the Grand Festival? I thought this was the 5th ribbon competeition. I also got the feeling that we skip another episode. Like a clip show. I not sure.

So we finally made it to the GRAND FESTIVAL!!! Yay. Now if only they will tell us how May got that 5th ribbon. I would like to know how.

Let see. May mom came to watch the competion.

Drew putting a move on May. I really think that the writers are trying to build a relationship here. Harley is still the same. He just ruin the moment.

Ok. I like Harley. He really is the 'bad guy' of the contests. Beside trying to trick May. He is also trying to boost Drew's ego by saying that 'this is who everybody been talking about.' line on him. It didn't work but you can see what I mean.

Harley is a strange one is he? Likes Norman?

Team Rocket trying the same thing again. They just needed something to do.

OH MY GOSH!!! A JYNX!! Quick somebody call the lady who writes books on tolernace who can't tolerate things like a that!! Quick Somebody. It is a Jynx!!!

Ok. Now why skip three episodes that is involes this pokemon but we get two seconds of Jynx in this episode? I mean it is purple but here is is worst. It is in a cage!! Now tell me. What is worst. Jynx in two episodes under a trainers control or two seconds of it in a cage. Hmm...

Now title. Did we all ready have a pun title close to this one. Was it like Hi Ho Silver or something during the Whirl Cup thing. It had a baby Lugia in it.

6/10- Title was kind of bad and already seen. Just a replacement for the clip show. It doesn't really matter. A purple Jynx in a cage. A collectiong of May's rivils. Who will win. A important filler that is all.

SPOILOR!!!!- Some important stuff in the next couple of episodes including an evoution.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
I really hope that May and Drew NEVER become girlfreind and boyfreind! that whould just destroy the show! well at less for me any way. I think May is really better off getting Ash to be her boyfreind......:paranoid:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
ditto!drew goes to H-E- double toothpick.ASH AND MAY FOREVER(i think i am more obessed with advanceshipping than crystal wing)

Years
Please leave those kind of discussions in the shipping ones!

Had a feeling Harley would do something bad again during that episode. I predicted that Drew would become much more silent after Harley's comment, and I was right. Also about Snorunt's "defiance" and froze Ash... Again.

Eh. This episode didn't really perk me up that much.

Oh, and the Pokémon who evolves? Don't tell me... It involves a Pokémon which has an attitude? (and an annoying voice!)

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
I never saw the episodes featuring harley before but I still don't like him. I think Drew and May would be a good couple, but Ash and May better. Anyway, I also thought that May should have gotten higher than an 88, and Harley lower than an 84, those seemed to off. Other than those things I liked the episode

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
This episode was so hot it almost melted my computer screen when I watched it!
TensionShipping is such a good ship! I dont know whether I like Contestshipping or not.
Harley, Drew and a cameo of Robert made this episode worth watching. Caroline's pretty pretty, probably because she has that new coat ^_^
Cant wait for the next episode!
ps Harley and Drew pwn!
now for a Vivian-style smilie: ^_^.

Years
May is just too trusting, she has been burned & humiliated by Harley and still trusts him? I hope she realizes he is not helping her before its too late. But then again, the whole team gets fooled too easily and too often. On the whole, not a bad episode.:t124:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
Years
I enjoy any contest episode, and I've been waiting for the Grand Festival to get here. ^^ *looks around* Yeesh... where're all the Contestshippers?? ^-^;; Now let's see:

Things I Liked:

Harley, because he's awesome. Why is he so awesome? Because he adds a kind of pompous flair that no one else does. That and he's sneaky and underhanded; which makes for good entertainment. I get so bored watching all those goody-two-shoes on the screen.

Drew. Drew is another fun person to watch. He can be rude and blunt, and yet he can also be considerate and friendly. He's a strange person, I sure wish they'd do some more backstory on him. It would be fun to see how/when he got Roselia and his *spoiler pokemon that will be coming up sometime in the future*.

May being tricked. I don't think that May being fooled by Harley was too unbelievable. This would only be his second chance, right? Ash and co. have seen many people turn around their fiendish ways, so I don't doubt that they could be easily tricked by a sincere-sounding individual. What I don't get is why she didn't take Drew's advice more seriously than Harley's. It must have been the ego-boosting of Harley that buttered her up.

Beautifly. Beautifly hardly ever gets screentime anymore, so to see it was cool.

Things I Didn't Like:

Team Rocket doing a lame sceme. Seriously, I love Team Rocket, could someone PLEASE give them a cooler storyline?? Please.... It's fun to see them dress up, but it would be funner if it was something completely new and different. Incidently, why were all of those trainers giving them their pokemon and then standing around looking stupid? Wouldn't you just drop your pokemon off and then leave? It was kinda... odd. o.o

May's appeal. May's been training for a while for this festival... and the best opening appeal she can come up with is to fire a Silver Wind at the sun...? I know she was taking Harley's advice (sorta), but dude... I just expected something a bit more... unique? It was okay.

Overall, I really liked this episode. It had great characters in it, Snorunt was cute as usual, Beautifly was included for once, and we get to see Harley act... well... feminine. XD So I give it an 8/10.

Nodroz

Gorgonzola Cheese! XD
Years
I quite liked this episode *is glad to have recorded it*. Harley was simply awesome. He's such an interesting and entertaining rival. Of all the characters to come out of AG, he's definitely the coolest of the lot. Drew was also pretty cool, and Robert's cameo was great. Overall, 10/10.

Crystal Clair said:
TensionShipping is such a good ship!
I second that :D

Last edited:
Years
@DarkThunder: Yes, they did skip episode 397. Yet, it seems as if no one really noticed. However, when I first noticed this, I was totally disappointed! :disappoin So, with this, this marks THE 4th episode that has been skipped over the course of this season! :disappoin Wow! But I guess it had to be skipped because it had Jynx at some point in there, after all, 4Kids just wants nothing to do with that Pokemon, since she seems like a cancer to them anyway! ;)

Back