• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] pokemon re_imagined. (fith gym demo)

should i nerf down the gym leader?

• yes. they are frustrating

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • no. a challenge every now and then is nice

Votes: 23 48.9%

• Total voters

sharzin

the biggest iranian pokemon fan
Years
hello there pokecommunity. im here with a new project that i would like to call it pokemon re-imagined (it may change later) so without further ado. lets get to important parts:
i5qq1oy4gaevu4dzg.jpg

story:
its a fan made totally re-imagined sequel to gen 1 and 2 pokemon games where nothing makes any canon sense (well a lot of things do but a lot of other things dont).after getting defeated by ethan red returns to society and gives away all his pokemons to important trainers and professor oak. after a while red and his friends hear that a new region named nizrash suddenly appeared out of nowhere and is now accepting challengers for its pokemon league. when everything is under the peaceful rule of a god like being called sharzin. but things get weird when a multi-dimensional hero called vincent blade is looking for a hooded unstoppable figure called
Spoiler:
a destructive and demonic god-like criminal who wants to re-arrange the world using legendary pokemons to make a world made of suffering and darkness... well why not see the rest of it yourself?

features:
-(crappy attempts at making) original gym leaders.
-(a totally awesome and good looking) new region.
- familiar faces from kanto - sinnoh - unova and...
- training with other regions' gym leaders and elite fours
_battle with great poketubers such as ruffled rowlit. galtaic pokemon. the gamers tree. etc.
_(if you are a poketuber. you can be in this game as well)
-luka s.j's elite battle system
-mega pokemons
-gen 6 pokemons
- humor and references ... a LOT
-dead memes
-outdated references
- an organization xiii themed villain (what else is there to want?)
- a white haired supernatural multi-dimensional hero in a black leather jacket (how could this get any more badass?)
-speak with every npc. you wont get disappointed ( also do this with every tv and console)
-a lot of other cool stuff.

screenshots:
43ygbg24fsygpw3zg.jpg

p06vbv64uaq0645zg.jpg

gxmt9qaah5e9xeezg.jpg

ie7sfuvwgwrme8vzg.jpg

4u1amxchybb7xlxzg.jpg

0ersmp6epv3uysmzg.jpg

p20rv5iefzauc26zg.jpg

n2erth7s8vo6dtqzg.jpg

zokn25fndlai722zg.jpg

credits:
-god
-my little sister
-pokecommunity
-luka s.j
-klein studios
-tricko 1
-pokesho.com
-desbrina
-thesuzerain
-anyone i forget (i add names later on) (probably)

download links:
(sorry but i had to upload it on multiple parts)
part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ou18958q72w71eq/Pokemon+Re_Imagined+%285th+gym+demo%29.part1.rar
part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lkuwwq0tmwkhdhb/Pokemon+Re_Imagined+%285th+gym+demo%29.part2.rar
QUICK UPDATE: here is a new update pack that fixes neon town's design and also adds an alola trader in that town. here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/47sf6i7xfccfetc/update+pack.rar

also a quick note: i would really appreciate if someone fixes the spellings and/or make some sprites.
also i cant keep doing this alone! plz help me in pokecommunity or youtube!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 13, 2022
This is nice, but there are some problems that need to be addressed. (And I'm not saying this to be mean.)

First of all, your story makes little sense at all, it starts with Ethan defeating red, which is fine, because this is your canon. Then red gives his pokemon away to IMPORTANT trainers AND professor oak, okay...but then here's where the story goes all of out of whack with the idea. A new region called Nizrash...WAIT...this is your name but just scrambled around, which is creative but also uncreative at the same time, but I accept it for having a bit of effort for a new region name. Peaceful god named Sharzin..(You put yourself in the game is selfless self-promotion unless THIS is a character you came up with, but since you felt like the STORY needed you, you shoved yourself in as a god rather than create a new character, you actually just slap yourself into the game and say "HEY! I'm A god NOW! The hooded character is a cool concept and it looks awesome but AGAIN! It's just your name, which is uncreative this time, and you just threw in a bunch of random letters in your name to make this hooded villain.
Now I'm okay if you can't draw gym leaders, but what matters most, is if the gameplay is executed as good as it can be.
Speak with every NPC is good, but don't do this with EVERY NPC, unless you are trying to do a Earthbound type (look at items and dialouge pops up kind of deal), but that's good.

Soundtrack - This is not a soundtrack, you just crammed every music from your favorite games to make it sound amazing, You could say it "includes" musics from these wonderful franchises, but that's my opinion.

That's all I got for criticism, Once I play this demo, I will give my first impressions and try not to be a little harsh like the post I made here.

EDIT: You can put yourself in the game, just as a reference or a boss or anything like that.
Quote from Fanlore Wiki
'Self-insertion is a practice by authors of writing themselves into their own stories, either explicitly or in thinly-disguised form. "
You could create a character that is YOU but in the story is basically a character with a different name, but that's all the help advice I got.

Last edited:

sharzin

Years
This is nice, but there are some problems that need to be addressed. (And I'm not saying this to be mean.)

First of all, your story makes little sense at all, it starts with Ethan defeating red, which is fine, because this is your canon. Then red gives his pokemon away to IMPORTANT trainers AND professor oak, okay...but then here's where the story goes all of out of whack with the idea. A new region called Nizrash...WAIT...this is your name but just scrambled around, which is creative but also uncreative at the same time, but I accept it for having a bit of effort for a new region name. Peaceful god named Sharzin..(You put yourself in the game is selfless self-promotion unless THIS is a character you came up with, but since you felt like the STORY needed you, you shoved yourself in as a god rather than create a new character, you actually just slap yourself into the game and say "HEY! I'm A god NOW! The hooded character is a cool concept and it looks awesome but AGAIN! It's just your name, which is uncreative this time, and you just threw in a bunch of random letters in your name to make this hooded villain.
Now I'm okay if you can't draw gym leaders, but what matters most, is if the gameplay is executed as good as it can be.
Speak with every NPC is good, but don't do this with EVERY NPC, unless you are trying to do a Earthbound type (look at items and dialouge pops up kind of deal), but that's good.

Soundtrack - This is not a soundtrack, you just crammed every music from your favorite games to make it sound amazing, You could say it "includes" musics from these wonderful franchises, but that's my opinion.

That's all I got for criticism, Once I play this demo, I will give my first impressions and try not to be a little harsh like the post I made here.

EDIT: You can put yourself in the game, just as a reference or a boss or anything like that.
Quote from Fanlore Wiki
'Self-insertion is a practice by authors of writing themselves into their own stories, either explicitly or in thinly-disguised form. "
You could create a character that is YOU but in the story is basically a character with a different name, but that's all the help advice I got.

thank you but there is a lot of things that i can justify
-since i am a self centered person so is sharzin and naming that region is actually came from pokemon glazed (tunod region is actually donut in reverse)
- dont worry sharzin is an optional boss and a story character (a huge part of the story too)
- about the name of hooded villain
Spoiler:

-i will fix (or perhaps remove) that soundtrack part
- i just want everyone to look believable

thank you for criticizing. it really helps.

sharzin

Years
so ... is there any good sprite artist who is willing to do the face/ow sprites for me? (i am very bad at them)

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 13, 2022
thank you but there is a lot of things that i can justify
-since i am a self centered person so is sharzin and naming that region is actually came from pokemon glazed (tunod region is actually donut in reverse)
- dont worry sharzin is an optional boss and a story character (a huge part of the story too)
- about the name of hooded villain
Spoiler:

-i will fix (or perhaps remove) that soundtrack part
- i just want everyone to look believable

thank you for criticizing. it really helps.
Thanks! The soundtrack part was just my opinion, I was being a bit too harsh when I stated that. You still have the option to put it up. It's your game.

As for art, some people aren't good at art, but try practicing editing or making OWs. You'll benefit and learn. It's a win win.

sharzin

Years
Thanks! The soundtrack part was just my opinion, I was being a bit too harsh when I stated that. You still have the option to put it up. It's your game.

As for art, some people aren't good at art, but try practicing editing or making OWs. You'll benefit and learn. It's a win win.
for now im just editing ows and try (and fail miserably) to make my own face sprites. ows are easy for now since the first two gym leaders are simply recolored versions of rich boy and lass but if you dig through files (not that much of digging but still) you find the sprites for people like spoiler alert.
Spoiler:
and thankfully there are some face sprite bases that you can add hair and clothing and etc. but simply compare hansel's face sprite with face sprite of erika or red or professor oak and you see a lot of difference.

sharzin

Years
also to anyone who downloaded it and played it:
does this worth working on?

sharzin

Years
here is some of the maps that i show you but they are not in this demo:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 13, 2022
Alright, so I finally played the game and here's my view on things in the game.

1. The beginning of the game is good and interesting, but when you first fight Blue, his Eevee is frustrating and time-wasting, because it only knows lowing accuracy based moves, and those type of moves, slugger your starter down and forces you to switch out to another one and then do it in a cycle, in order to finally knock out the eevee, the rest of the rivals are fine, but Blue is just frustrating. A minor problem.

2. My second complaint would be like he said above, the grammar, which needs some improvement.

3. My third complaint is that the design of the maps, is not well designed, I can expect that, but the first gym leader city is where things get a tiny bit out of hand, with houses of the same design, being overused in the map and then there are the other buildings which look out of place.

4. Erika is suddenly working at a market? Now, I know this is an alternate universe, BUT the fact she is a gym leader and works at the market, just so you can make Team Rocket enter the story, makes no sense at all. Another minor problem, not big, but just minor.

5. My biggest problem is the Level 20 gym leader. When you make a hard challenge, DON'T expect your player to grind SUPER hard to beat the gym leader, Don't put excessive grinding in your game, No one likes to grind that much, and it will bore the player to the point, where he doesn't want to play the game anymore.

That's all I got, like I said before I do not say this to be mean, but the game needs to improve a bit more.

sharzin

Years
Alright, so I finally played the game and here's my view on things in the game.

1. The beginning of the game is good and interesting, but when you first fight Blue, his Eevee is frustrating and time-wasting, because it only knows lowing accuracy based moves, and those type of moves, slugger your starter down and forces you to switch out to another one and then do it in a cycle, in order to finally knock out the eevee, the rest of the rivals are fine, but Blue is just frustrating. A minor problem.

2. My second complaint would be like he said above, the grammar, which needs some improvement.

3. My third complaint is that the design of the maps, is not well designed, I can expect that, but the first gym leader city is where things get a tiny bit out of hand, with houses of the same design, being overused in the map and then there are the other buildings which look out of place.

4. Erika is suddenly working at a market? Now, I know this is an alternate universe, BUT the fact she is a gym leader and works at the market, just so you can make Team Rocket enter the story, makes no sense at all. Another minor problem, not big, but just minor.

5. My biggest problem is the Level 20 gym leader. When you make a hard challenge, DON'T expect your player to grind SUPER hard to beat the gym leader, Don't put excessive grinding in your game, No one likes to grind that much, and it will bore the player to the point, where he doesn't want to play the game anymore.

That's all I got, like I said before I do not say this to be mean, but the game needs to improve a bit more.

thanks. but can i defend myself from some of them?

1- i just wanted blue to have an eevee so spoiler alert
Spoiler:
but if eevee knew a damaging attack it would one-shot your entire team so i taught this is more fair ( also it helps players for level grinding)

2- actually i wanted to ask someone to fix it when i release the next demo which is really soon. (or at least ask it to tell me all the grammar mistakes and tell me the right way to write them)

3-really? i taught they are pretty nice.

4-you should have putted it in spoilers but here is something interesting i found in the anime : it looks like pokemon league competitions only happen in a special period of time like you say in the third month of autumn (just like any other competition) so you could say they are in vacation

5-that's why i added a poll to this thread. once one of the options reach 10 votes. i do as they say. (also that's the reason of erika and grimsley)

sharzin

Years
updated up to the second gym!!!!
also can someone be kind enough to correct some of the spellings for me or at least tell me my spell/grammar mistakes?

Last edited:
Years
OK just finished the new demo and two things:

1) You can't walk on the bridge in the cave

2) you can't get the second gym badge because once you talk to the gym leader in her gym the game crashes

sharzin

Years
OK just finished the new demo and two things:

1) You can't walk on the bridge in the cave

2) you can't get the second gym badge because once you talk to the gym leader in her gym the game crashes
sorry i should have tested that! but thanks for telling me!

Years
I don't mind playing the grammar nazi, let me download the game and i'll start making notes, cant guarantee i'll catch everything though :)

Edit:
My god..my work is cut out for me...

Edit 2:

This may take me a while since i've pretty much got to rewrite out the script just so i can keep track lol. Want me to send everything when its done all together or just where i get to each day? i can't code or make games so i don't know how easy or hard it is to go though all that stuff.

Last edited:

sharzin

Years
I don't mind playing the grammar nazi, let me download the game and i'll start making notes, cant guarantee i'll catch everything though :)

Edit:
My god..my work is cut out for me...

Edit 2:

This may take me a while since i've pretty much got to rewrite out the script just so i can keep track lol. Want me to send everything when its done all together or just where i get to each day? i can't code or make games so i don't know how easy or hard it is to go though all that stuff.

if you cant work with rpg maker xp (which is pretty simple) just take note and tell me so i fix it myself.

sharzin

Years
UPDATEEEED! also tell me if the link don't work so i re-upload it again.

Back