• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THUNDER ARMOR!

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Makes it worse tbh.
I mean its ninja abilities like moving fast, water shuriken, etc are super cool yeah but give him the Ash-Greninja thing only because it's the most popular Pokemon makes it super ridiculous as it contradicts Mega Evolutions themselves and it makes Greninga look so overhyped. It is contrived as heck.

I don't think it contradicts Mega Evolutions at all, The bond phenomenon doesn't oppose the excistance of Mega evolution niether does it make it look superfluous. In fact it strengthens the Idea of trainers being one with their Pokemon just as Mega's do. Contrived well look at it this way... it's a monster of the week show aimed at kids... the bond thing was bound to happen eventually.
I guess voters got what they wanted.
Cause of $$$.

I doubt the voters expected pokemon pseudo fussion tho XD

Years
I don't think it contradicts Mega Evolutions at all, The bond phenomenon doesn't oppose the excistance of Mega evolution niether does it make it look superfluous. In fact it strengthens the Idea of trainers being one with their Pokemon just as Mega's do. Contrived well look at it this way... it's a monster of the week show aimed at kids... the bond thing was bound to happen eventually.

I doubt the voters expected pokemon pseudo fussion tho XD
It is contrived when you've already got Mega Evolutions on hand. People won't say this because Ash-Greninja was included in Pokemon SM games so you can now ''say'' it is not contrived it but it still sorta does to me. All the bond thing was pure and mere plotdevice so Ash wouldn't keep a strong Mega Pokemon in Oak's lab cause it'd be a burden for the writers in future sagas if Ash keeps such strong Pokemon. That would make Ash win easily next time when he wants to use said Pokemon. The fact they forced to release Greninja and Goordra proves this. They were their XY team's strongest Pokemon. They only include a special transformation for one of Ash's Pokemon that ONLY Ash can access when there's already Mega Evolutions and said transformation only lasts during XY? It is indeed contrived.

I mean that poll was like an experiment.Once they knew Greninja was so damn popular they decided to give him the Ash-Greninja transformation thus Greninja gets more overhyped. Voters didn't obviously expected it but they were satisfied.

Last edited:

CidHazard

Years
I mean that poll was like an experiment.Once they knew Greninja was so damn popular they decided to give him the Ash-Greninja transformation thus Greninja gets more overhyped. Voters didn't obviously expected it but they were satisfied.

I think they'd already decided the whole bond/Ash-greninja as a thing even before the popularity contest. The results for the popularity contest was released around June of 2016. Pokemon's XY's second arc (XY: Kalos quest in the internationally) was released in Japan on November 6, 2014, This is the arc where we got the foreshadowing to the Hero of Kalos and the bond phenomenon. And XYZ was released on October 29, 2015 where we finally got Ash Greninja on it's 7th episode.

There was always going to be a bond-thing... The Pokemon that the writing team choose just happened to be Greninja. They never planned on giving Ash a Mega from the beginning, especially since all the Pokemon who got a mega evolution where of an older generation and Ash's main team was an all Kalos in origin.

Now those facts doesn't stop the whole bond thing from being contrived tho... just food for thought XD

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
How hard is it to write Ash calling on Heracross, Glalie, Sceptile or Charizard? It's apparent they focus on Greninja cause it's the new hip thing in Japan and brings in a lot of $$$, and that justifies a complete BS fan service form

CidHazard

Years
Oh yeah! I forgot, Ash's Snorlax has six moves during the battle frontier... those moves where protect , headbutt , ice punch , hyper beam , rest , body slam.
How hard is it to write Ash calling on Heracross, Glalie, Sceptile or Charizard?
Maybe it's because Heracross, Glalie, Sceptile and both Charizard's mega forms already appeared in the show, owned by rival trainers. If Greninjas arc is any indication, and as I stated in the previous post, I believe the whole bond pokemon thing was planned from the beginning. As it was properly foreshadowed in the story.

Really the bond phenomenon thing is kinda like an insanely exaggerated reward from pokemon amie minigame. When you max out your pokemon in Amie, your pokemon will crit more often and will sometimes say that they are perfectly synced with it's trainer. They even get the very anime "I wont fall yet because of friendship" cliche, where a maxed out Amie pokemon can survive a potential KO and stay at 1 hp because of bonds and stuff...
It's apparent they focus on Greninja cause it's the new hip thing in Japan and brings in a lot of $$$, and that justifies a complete BS fan service form
Yep, Just like Charizard before him he gets special treatment...So Pokemon Company gets loads of merch money as they sell tons of figures, plushies , posters, etc.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
How hard is it to write Ash calling on Heracross, Glalie, Sceptile or Charizard? It's apparent they focus on Greninja cause it's the new hip thing in Japan and brings in a lot of $$$, and that justifies a complete BS fan service form

Because bring them back would have them overshadow his region mons.

Back