• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scenic Productions

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years

Scenic Productions

making things ~pretty~ since '69

Introduction:

I feel like hacking should be fun and everything is more fun when you do it in groups. Back in the good old days of 2008 and 2009 hacking was really fun because we spent hours in group chats talking about hacking. These days people tend to do that a lot less which, I think, contributes to the fact that I don't have as much fun being in this community as much as I used to be. So, I'd like to make hacking fun for me again and, the way I see it, the best way to do this is to rejuvenate my old hacking team so we can all have fun making fantastic hacks together :).

Current Team:

• Manipulation → Mapping, Scripting, Graphics, Tile Inserting, ASM Hacking, Palette Editing, Hex Editing
  • Truality → Pixel Artist, Ideas Man
  • M.L → Mapping, Tile Inserting
  • narutoactor → ASM Hacking, Scripting, Part-time Mapping
  • Fireworks → Pixel Artist, Mapping, Tile Inserting

Projects:

• Pokémon Sienna - [ON HOLD]
sienna2-3.png
sienna3-3.png
sienna12-2.png

• Pokémon Orange - Adventures in the Orange Archipelago

Open Positions:

• ASM Hacking
  • Mapping (Limited)
  • Scripting (Limited)
  • Graphic Inserting
  • Spriters
  • Music Composers/Inserters
  • Story Designers/Idealists

Application Form:

IM Address: A MSN handle or Skype username is preferred.
Name: Username or any aliases.

Position:
Self-Explanatory.
Proof of Work:
Leave it in spoilers, please.

Last edited:

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
I know you don't like me much, but I want to apply.

IM Address: You have it.
Name: Flandre Scarlet.
Position: Music Inserter and Tile Editor.
Proof of Work:

Tile Inserting:
Spoiler:

Music Inserting:
Spoiler:

You don't have to accept me, but I'd like to be a part of Pokemon Sienna.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
IM Address: [email protected]
Name:Nintendork15
Position: overworld spriter / mapper (which eva you want )
Proof of Work:
Spoiler:

Map (form bolens hack)
Spoiler:

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
Years
name: simdu68

position: graphiste (it means mapping, tiling, tile inserting, spriting, OW.....)

proof:

mapping with by me inserted tiles:(BTW nearly all of these tiles are mine)
Spoiler:

tiling:
Spoiler:

I actually got no proofs of sprites and OW but I can create some to show you ;)

Logan

Years
name: simdu68

position: graphiste (it means mapping, tiling, tile inserting, spriting, OW.....)

proof:

mapping with by me inserted tiles:(BTW nearly all of these tiles are mine)
Spoiler:

tiling:
Spoiler:

I actually got no proofs of sprites and OW but I can create some to show you ;)

Your tile inserting is pretty good! Your mapping, however, is not; can you try mapping in FR styled/FR styled tilesets, maybe? Your spriting isn't really what I'm looking for, either; can you make anything in FR styled?

Name:Nintendork15
Position: overworld spriter / mapper (which eva you want )
Proof of Work:
Spoiler:

Map (form bolens hack)
Spoiler:

Eh, your maps are pretty bad, really. I can really accept you on that. Your sprites are sort of okay, but they're D/P styled, can you supply anything FR styled?

I know you don't like me much, but I want to apply.

IM Address: You have it.
Name: Flandre Scarlet.
Position: Music Inserter and Tile Editor.
Proof of Work:

Tile Inserting:
Spoiler:

Music Inserting:
Spoiler:

You don't have to accept me, but I'd like to be a part of Pokemon Sienna.

Your tile inserting seems fair enough, nothing too shabby there 'cept for the doors that look a little weird and the lab is inserted badly. (You need to use two palettes for that tile, by the way.) Now, the music inserting is what I'm interested in, it seems really good, too. On that basis, you're accepted. :D

I'll update the first post when I'm back from playing cricket.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
Years
oh I see, you want more FR styled ^^
ok I'll do that for you ;)
you know the maps I posted are these of my hack so they are in my own style I find the best but coz mapping is my best skill you can believe me I can map all style wanted ;)
here a proof:
Spoiler:

is this more in the style your want? are some maps that were uploaded on photobucket so I posted because I'm actually too lazy to load new ones^^
oh, BTW, sorry that these maps also have new tiles but as tiling and tile inserting are my best skill all roms I have have new tiles^^

if it isn't enough as proof I will make the effort to load new pics on photobucket and post them also -_-'

Oh, in fact! the tiles also I can do them in FR style.......
in fact I just posted everything of my own hack because it's my only work uploaded on photobucket and as I said often before I'm too lazy to upload new -_-'

(these tiles are not mine nor inserted by me, it's a rom base
credits go to mitchel1 and Kyledove)

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
you know the maps I posted are these of my hack so they are in my own style I find the best but coz mapping is my best skill you can believe me I can map all style wanted ;)
here a proof:
Spoiler:

is this more in the style your want? are some maps that were uploaded on photobucket so I posted because I'm actually too lazy to load new ones^^
oh, BTW, sorry that these maps also have new tiles but as tiling and tile inserting are my best skill all roms I have have new tiles^^

if it isn't enough as proof I will make the effort to load new pics on photobucket and post them also -_-'

in fact I just posted everything of my own hack because it's my only work uploaded on photobucket and as I said often before I'm too lazy to upload new -_-'

To things worng with that
1 its a rom base you didnt gove credit
2 You didnt even use it correctly

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
Years
Oh yeah I forgot credit! I'll edit the post.....
BTW I didn't meant that the tiles of these maps also are mine, just told I got only roms with great tiles but it doesn't mean the tiles are mine or that I inserted them, even if I'm myself tiler and tile inserter I have rom base also^^

if not, what do you mean with I didn't use it correctly?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
BTW I didn't meant that the tiles of these maps also are mine, just told I got only roms with great tiles but it doesn't mean the tiles are mine or that I inserted them, even if I'm myself tiler and tile inserter I have rom base also^^

You still didnt use the tiles Right
Oh yeah
Manip here are my fr style ows
Its wally as a FR OW
Wall.png

Last edited:

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
Years
well anyway whats important in these maps are not the tiles but the maps themselves, I can redo them on a clean FR rom and then the tile problem will be frogotten^^

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I am crazy, I already know his answer :P

Hopefully harry will yell at me. :D
IM Address: You already have it.
Name: Lucas

Position:
Scripting
Proof of Work:

Level Script
Spoiler:

Bank Script (Note I didn't finish it yet xD)
Spoiler:

Logan

Years
here a proof:
Spoiler:

(these tiles are not mine nor inserted by me, it's a rom base
credits go to mitchel1 and Kyledove)

I've asked for FR styled maps and tiles, failure to supply those will account in rejection.

To things worng with that
1 its a rom base you didnt gove credit
2 You didnt even use it correctly

You don't need to comment here saying that, really. :<

Keep discussion like this to VM/PMs from here after; off-topic discussion isn't helping your chances of acceptance

You still didnt use the tiles Right
Oh yeah
Manip here are my fr style ows
Its wally as a FR OW
Wall.png

Eh, they're really not good enough and are mere edits. Anything else to help sway my mind?

Hopefully harry will yell at me. :D
IM Address: You already have it.
Name: Lucas

Position:
Scripting
Proof of Work:

Level Script
Spoiler:

Bank Script (Note I didn't finish it yet xD)
Spoiler:

You're a really good scripter and everything but I'd expect a scripter of mine to have at least tolerable grammar; but that just lets you down so much. Rejected.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Hmmm...
gimme a battle sprite and i can try a OW for you
and then you can see if you like it

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
IM adress: none yet (need laptop fixed)
name: Marc
position: scripter
proof:
Spoiler:

Ven

Tyrian
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2011
Name: Ven
Position: Well, I think of myself as a pretty good scripter, and an above average mapper.
Proof of Work:
Scripting
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The above are my two most recent (advanced) scripts. Basically I recreated the RSE starter script. It's fully functioning, complete with multibox and all. It also has no noticeable coding flaws.
I am also familiar with level scripts, and a large number of commands. But in all honesty, I've never had experience making a system (banking system, radio etc.)

Mapping

These are all pretty old, and I'm a lot better now, but I feel that they accurately portray the way I map for an actual hack.
Oh yah and Nintendork, stop stealing avatar's sprites.

Last edited:

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
Might as well.

Name: Samike360
Position: Advanced scripter, I can also do pretty basic mapping/tile inserting nothing too special. I'm also learning music insertion stuff.
Proof of Work: All the scripts in Johto Adventures. I've also helped script for some hacks such as Light or Messengers of Peace. Here's a sample of some...

JA movement/speech script, with some flags for position:
Spoiler:

Here's a huge script with movecameras and all that:
Spoiler:

And here's a level script I did oh so long ago:
Spoiler:

I can do anything scripting-wise...outsides ASM, which I'm tackling slowly but surely. I know that these hacks will definitely have more creative scripts than just simple movement/speech events, and I understand that. There has never been a script I wasn't able to make :D

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Since school's gotten boring and I have nothing to do, I guess I'll try.

IM Address:
[email protected] (REMINDER: Barely active since my laptop's being fixed)
Name: dead-man-walking

Position:
Story Designer / Idealist
Proof of Work:

Spoiler:

Logan

Years
IM adress: none yet (need laptop fixed)
name: Marc
position: scripter
proof:
Spoiler:

Sorry, but the script doesn't really show off enough for me to accept you into the team. Rejected.

Name: Ven
Position: Well, I think of myself as a pretty good scripter, and an above average mapper.
Proof of Work:
Scripting
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The above are my two most recent (advanced) scripts. Basically I recreated the RSE starter script. It's fully functioning, complete with multibox and all. It also has no noticeable coding flaws.
I am also familiar with level scripts, and a large number of commands. But in all honesty, I've never had experience making a system (banking system, radio etc.)

Mapping

These are all pretty old, and I'm a lot better now, but I feel that they accurately portray the way I map for an actual hack.
Oh yah and Nintendork, stop stealing avatar's sprites.

I really like your maps and scripts. Accepted. :D

Might as well.

Name: Samike360
Position: Advanced scripter, I can also do pretty basic mapping/tile inserting nothing too special. I'm also learning music insertion stuff.
Proof of Work: All the scripts in Johto Adventures. I've also helped script for some hacks such as Light or Messengers of Peace. Here's a sample of some...

JA movement/speech script, with some flags for position:
Spoiler:

Here's a huge script with movecameras and all that:
Spoiler:

And here's a level script I did oh so long ago:
Spoiler:

I can do anything scripting-wise...outsides ASM, which I'm tackling slowly but surely. I know that these hacks will definitely have more creative scripts than just simple movement/speech events, and I understand that. There has never been a script I wasn't able to make :D

Eh, sorry, but that 'huge script' isn't even remotely big. You're going to have to do better than that, really. Rejected.

Since school's gotten boring and I have nothing to do, I guess I'll try.

IM Address:
[email protected] (REMINDER: Barely active since my laptop's being fixed)
Name: dead-man-walking

Position:
Story Designer / Idealist
Proof of Work:

Spoiler:

Well, I don't really have time to read all of that, so I will do so when I have time and get back to you then. Pending.

Name: Snow
Position: Mapper
Proof of Work:
Spoiler:

Sorry, but the maps really aren't what I'm, personally, looking for. Rejected.

Back