• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Fifth Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Well I do have the Pokemon Black 2 game as well that I am just starting.

How exactly would I trade the keys with myself as I only have 1 3DS XL?
Do you have any friends that have a 3DS? Or do you have a DS lying around somewhere?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
I am starting to realize what a money sink this little adventure is turning out to be....

Years
Language version?

Is it possible to change the language version in Pokemon Black/White once you obtained the game from a certain country? I'm visiting a fiend in Germany and wanted to buy a used Black game, but have no idea if I can change the settings to display the language in English (as in X/Y). Any help would be appreciated. I couldn't find any info on that online.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
No, I'm afraid you can't :/
Unlike X and Y, Black and White were released at different times in different areas of the world and the games are all region-specific. So a copy bought in Germany will be in German only (unless it had previously been imported from an English-speaking region, which could have happened since you are buying used). You may be able to put it in a DS in store to see what language it is actually is as well.
Also, for the record in X/Y you can only change the language if you restart the game. So just in case you end up buying a used copy of one of those games you understand that you'll have to restart to play in a different language.

Years
Thanks for your quick reply, Gulpin! In that case I'll just try to find one imported from English speaking country... or find motivation to refine my German skills enough to play the game in that language.
And yeah, I am aware of the fact you need to restart the game to change the language in gen VI, but because I cannot imagine playing a game that has been beat by someone else, it won't be a problem should I end up buying a used copy of Y. Thanks for the advice though!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 14, 2014
What Should I Evolve My Eevee into?

So I'm in Castelia Gardens and trying to catch an Eevee, but I'm not sure what I should evolve it into.
My team is: Riolu Lv. 18, Dewott Lv:22, Magnemite, Lv. 11, Magby Lv. 22

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
That's a very offensive team...I'd suggest Espeon (get it really happy and evolve it during daytime).

It's got really high Special Attack and Speed, and Psychic-typing would complement that team well, taking care of the Fighting types that will absolutely wreck Magnemite and Lucario (once your Riolu evolves). Although if you were to hold out until post-game, you can get an Eevee with its hidden ability, in which case Espeon is even better as it has Magic Bounce as an ability.

Years
As Amore said, Espeon would complement your team pretty well since you'll be ending up with two Fighting weaknesses and Psychic can destroy most Fighting-types easily. You may have to spend a while running or cycling around, but it's worth it in the end.

Years
So does Substitute not activate contact things like Rough Skin and the Rocky Helmet? I was just battling that Veteran in the Opelucid Gym that had a Druddigon with both of those things, and she was behind a substitute which my Azumarill broke with Ice Punch, but neither of those things activated. It did next turn when I killed her, though.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
So does Substitute not activate contact things like Rough Skin and the Rocky Helmet? I was just battling that Veteran in the Opelucid Gym that had a Druddigon with both of those things, and she was behind a substitute which my Azumarill broke with Ice Punch, but neither of those things activated. It did next turn when I killed her, though.
Yeah, those things only activate when you make direct contact with the Pokemon itself; a Substitute isn't the actual Pokemon.

Years
Hey guys, quick question. Can I transfer a Pokemon from Soulsilver to the future generations (Black/White/2/X/Y...) if they are in a pokeball made from appricorns, since they are only available in Johto region? If yes, will they still be in those pokeballs?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Hey guys, quick question. Can I transfer a Pokemon from Soulsilver to the future generations (Black/White/2/X/Y...) if they are in a pokeball made from appricorns, since they are only available in Johto region? If yes, will they still be in those pokeballs?
They will transfer, and will retain the ball they were caught in, including Apricorn Balls. I've seen it happen with Pokemon caught in Safari Balls, which aren't available for use in Gen 5 or 6.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 19, 2020
(spoilers?) story related question about N

HI, I havent actually played the game yet, so i would APPRECIATE IT if you dont spoil me more if possible :D

I was browsing bulbapedia for some info before starting the game (maybe this was the bad idea)
when I reached the page for the character N, it says on like.. the very top line of the article that he's a "puppet leader" of team plasma

is this like a story spoiler? was I not supposed to find this out until late in the game?

like i said, I havent played the game yet so i would appreciate no more unnecessary spoilers :D thanks

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Just don't read into it further and play the game normally. It is a spoiler but since you already saw it it can't be helped. However, there is plenty of surprises still inbound as long as you don't keep looking into it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 19, 2020
okay, thanks for clarifying. and the advice.

They should really think about placing that kind of info behind a spoiler marker in their wiki :/

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Well, when a game has been out for 4 years (Japanese release) things tend to stop being considered actual spoilers. I mean, it sort of comes with going to a wiki. If you want to avoid spoilers, then it's probably better not to use Bulbapedia. That said, I hope you enjoy whichever version you have! Gen 5 is my favorite set of games. :3 I wish I could go back to the fresh eyes you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back