• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellow hack: Evo-Yellow - All Pokemon Follow, Evolve Pikachu, catchable 250+ pokemon, alt. Minimalist 151 vers and Eevee/Meowth Starter Versions

If I made a spin-off version with a different 1-evo pokemon starter, which would you want most?

• Meowth (I strongly lean this way because Team Rocket had following Meowth/ kitty is cute.)

Votes: 125 26.0%
  • Magikarp (might be hard to draw emotions... I mean, it's a fish)

Votes: 53 11.0%
  • Vulpix

Votes: 91 18.9%
  • Eevee - with one Happiness evo only, alas; other evos in wild. Rival has other Eevee evo or Pikachu.

Votes: 187 38.9%
  • Other (Light, black, or Pikachu-similar palettes preferred so I don't have to mess with it >_>)

Votes: 25 5.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Does Persian learn Night Slash? Also, what changes were made to Riachu's moveset? Does it get Nasty Plot or something equivalent? I wish we had access to a Github page.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So neither Electavire or Magmortar are part fighting type? That's pretty annoying to honest.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 5, 2017
Little nitpick - I believe that both Aerodactyl and Crobat are not a good pokemon for a first gym. Both can easly sponge a thundershock from Pikachu and both have enought power and coverage to MURDER everything a player can obtain on this stage of the game.

I think that depowering Crobat into Zubat, and changing Aerodactyl for... dunno what could be a good decision.

...or you expect people to horribly overgrind, then oh well...

Years
Little nitpick - I believe that both Aerodactyl and Crobat are not a good pokemon for a first gym. Both can easly sponge a thundershock from Pikachu and both have enought power and coverage to MURDER everything a player can obtain on this stage of the game.

I think that depowering Crobat into Zubat, and changing Aerodactyl for... dunno what could be a good decision.

My team was Pikachu/Tangela/Wooper though it was a bit annoying, I managed to beat Brock. Maybe downgrade Crobat to Golbat but I'd otherwise say that Brock's difficulty is fine

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Apr 19, 2023
Great job, man! Do you have a game guide walkthrough with all wild Pokémon location? Thanks!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Thank you everyone for being so patient after I disappeared for several months, including that person who PMed me - I actually figured the running issue myself when I tested it out shortly and realized the lag isn't that bad and Pikachu naturally catches up once you stop running. So, phoeey on me for being goofball enough to open my mouth when I hadn't even bothered to test things out yet.
So, there is now running in the game!
I also fixed the annoying sprite bug when you talk to Raichu and it sometimes turns into Pikachu. And Raichu should now be able to do the surfing game.

Anyone have an evolution list? My Wooper is level 35 and has yet to evolve; I was also wondering how Sneasel evolved into Weavile

Ah, I think it not evolving is an oversight on my part, sorry! I'll put it on the to-do list to fix shortly.
Also, I see I need to do an evolution list /walkthrough for people.

If I remember correctly, I had a special stone for Sneasel, a Frost Stone. There are also other special stones in the game; try collecting them all.

Nice hack but what kind of meaning does mt silver has in this game? Just wondering
Just an extra boss battle, that's all; Mt. Silver is the place where Red goes after the Pokemon League to get defeated by Silver/Gold/Crystal, after all, so it sort of has a symbolic significance. Also a nice place to catch more pokemon.

I didn't have too much difficulty, and didn't level any above Brock's, but I did have a very diverse team and do have a more strategic focus than the average person. I also enjoy some risk of dying. So I guess I will probably depower Crobat and maybe delevel Aerodactyl a bit next time. It just seems boring if Pikachu can kill Brock's Zubat in one hit though.

So, are there any voice clips of Raichu? Because I think it would be a rather natural progression, to have the Raichu say his own name as well.

Oh, that didn't occur to me at all! That would be very cool. I will try that, I think, but unfortunately I have /zero/ experience with sound manipulation. Hopefully it's not too much more difficult or different from editing in images. I'm also not sure how many Raichu sounds would be needed - might end up having Pikachu's voice some of the time, heh.

I've been playing this for the past day and have loved it so far, a couple of things I would like to point out, though.

First, since you change Sandshrew's palette and type to match it's Alolan form, and Ratatta seems to have a darker palette, have you thought about making Raticate have different colors too? It's nothing big, but I was just curious since the game seemed to be having some things from Sun and Moon.

Also, in Mt. Moon, you can fight Prof. Oak over and over again. Not sure if this was intentional or not? I'll point out anything else I notice as I play more.

Yeah, I should probablyyyy fix that so that doesn't occur, hah. Although it is amusing.
And yeah, I was def. thinking about changing Raticate to be darker. I'm not super good with raw rgb palette manipulation, but it's on the to-do list.

I'm thinking of making a GitHub, so people could use the code to make their own hack or see what things haven't been implemented yet, but I've never done that before >_> and also would be embarrassed to have people see all my terrible novice fudges to make things work. Although then again it's not like people haven't seen my bugs before...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Oh hey, good to see you again! Since you added Porygon-Z and the Yanma line, how about making Yanmega Bug/Dragon, and the Porygon line Normal/Electric?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Oh hey, good to see you again! Since you added Porygon-Z and the Yanma line, how about making Yanmega Bug/Dragon, and the Porygon line Normal/Electric?

Alright, I did so for Porygon. I'm still debating Yanmega - I haven't actually used it yet so I don't know how it performs as a normal bug. Does it badly need an extra typing? I know bugs can be pretty weak.

So neither Electavire or Magmortar are part fighting type? That's pretty annoying to honest.

Okay, by popular demand (Sort of), I have changed this. Now they are.

I plan to add Teddiursa, Donphan, Gligar soon since I don't think I've done that yet but I have the images floatin' around already. This will break save capability, so, people, lemme know of any major or minor bugs / changes you'd like at the last minute for your old games.

Wooper evolution now also fixed. I will be updating the pokemon info in the first post to include evolution methods/levels shortly (like in the next 5 minutes).

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Alright, I did so for Porygon. I'm still debating Yanmega - I haven't actually used it yet so I don't know how it performs as a normal bug. Does it badly need an extra typing? I know bugs can be pretty weak.
Yanmega is actually quite strong for a Bug type. However, many people wish it was Bug/Dragon, since it's a dragonfly. Also, I think Bug/Dragon will make it worth picking over the likes of Butterfree and Scyther.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Yanmega is actually quite strong for a Bug type. However, many people wish it was Bug/Dragon, since it's a dragonfly. Also, I think Bug/Dragon will make it worth picking over the likes of Butterfree and Scyther.

Ah. That does make sense - Dragonfly, dragons.

Alright, I'll do that in a second. Shouldn't take more than a minute to edit the type and give it a dragon move. Should Yanma be a dragon type as well, or just Yanmega?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Ah. That does make sense - Dragonfly, dragons.

Alright, I'll do that in a second. Shouldn't take more than a minute to edit the type and give it a dragon move. Should Yanma be a dragon type as well, or just Yanmega?
Why not? Even though Yanma is cute, it's still a dragonfly. For my part, you can make Yanma Bug/Dragon too.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Why not? Even though Yanma is cute, it's still a dragonfly. For my part, you can make Yanma Bug/Dragon too.

Well, type changes on evolution aren't uncommon, that's all.

Alright, it's done! Also quickly gave them a dragon move so they can use their new typing. Yanmega learns dragonbreath at level 46, Yanma Outrage (if you avoid evolving it until then).

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
You say Togetic evolves into Togekiss when you use the Love Stone. But how does Togepi evolve into Togetic in this hack? And how does Porygon evolve into Porygon2?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Does Persian learn Night Slash? Also, what changes were made to Riachu's moveset? Does it get Nasty Plot or something equivalent? I wish we had access to a Github page.

Nasty Plot doesn't exist in the game yet. Persian does get Night Slash, but at a rather high level (61), so I'm thinking of lowering it.

Raichu learns similar moves to Pikachu, which in this game includes eventually learning Surf, Thunder, Electro Ball, and Volt Tackle (very last thing it learns).

I'm definitely thinking of making a Github although I've never used it before.

You say Togetic evolves into Togekiss when you use the Love Stone. But how does Togepi evolve into Togetic in this hack? And how does Porygon evolve into Porygon2?

Ah, sorry, forgot to be more careful when updating that part. Will fix. Togepi by level up, Porygon is Thunder Stone, then level up to 40 for Porygon Z. If I don't list anything you can usually assume it's by level up or that I forgot to add it on. :P

Anyway, new version is out! New pokemon are added, like Larvitar, and Donphan to give us back a pure ground typing. I made Granbull part dark - it seems like a dark/fairy doesn't it?
And, special bonus, there is now the move Mirror Coat and the pokemon Wobbuffet (the pokemon that has it as their signature move!) in the game! It was as simple as copying the code for Counter and altering it to check for special attacks :3. I don't think I've seen any other Gen 1 game with Wobbuffet - but he makes a good Team Rocket villain.

I don't think I'll be adding too many more pokemon, maybe 2-6 more families, we're starting to hit that limit where both the game code gets obnoxious to deal with (it doesn't like any pokemon over 201 in the wild, unless I edit the trainer ID code) and the wild is starting to get pretty crowded with pokemon to boot. Frankly, 213 pokemon is not a bad amount, just a couple more (to give it a nicer number than 213, hah. 215 or 225 or something.) would be more than sufficient.
Any preferences for pokemon? I'm leaning toward Mareep (and making final form part dragon), and Natu for that unique flying/psychic typing, although honestly a part of me likes Noctowl better, and maybe I'll try my hand at adding an event pokemon of some sort. Post-Johto pokemon are not completely out of the question, since Sylveon is in the game after all.

Finally, you can ride pokemon indoors now, and riding is quite a bit faster. I understand this is horribly rude - you'll track muddy pokemon pawprints everywhere or break their furniture - but who cares?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
If you're still going to add new Pokemon, then how about:
-Munchlax, in case people fail to catch both Snorlax in the overworld;
-Bonsly and Sudowoodo, as Game Freak treats them like a counterpart to the Mr. Mime line (and perhaps you could make them Rock/Grass);
-Mantyke and Mantine, to have a Water/Flying type in case you're planning to change Gyarados' typing.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
If you're still going to add new Pokemon, then how about:
-Munchlax, in case people fail to catch both Snorlax in the overworld;
-Bonsly and Sudowoodo, as Game Freak treats them like a counterpart to the Mr. Mime line (and perhaps you could make them Rock/Grass);
-Mantyke and Mantine, to have a Water/Flying type in case you're planning to change Gyarados' typing.

I wasn't planning on changing Gyarados, but that would give me an option to do so. We already have a water/dragon in Kingdra though. water/fire could be amusing/original.
And those sound good, although I do have wild snorlax at Mt. Silver. 3 baby pokemon in a row is a nice number.

Anyway, I wrote a Yellow Hacking Tutorial, dunno if it got accepted yet. It gave me a few ideas - I think at some point in the future I'd like to try my hand at making an 'All Pokemon Follow' hack for Yellow, that would be quite novel.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I wasn't planning on changing Gyarados, but that would give me an option to do so. We already have a water/dragon in Kingdra though. water/fire could be amusing/original.
And those sound good, although I do have wild snorlax at Mt. Silver. 3 baby pokemon in a row is a nice number.
While Water/Fire would be interesting, you could also consider Water/Dark since Gyarados is generally a ferocious Pokemon, and it has a Mega Evolution that is Water/Dark.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
While Water/Fire would be interesting, you could also consider Water/Dark since Gyarados is generally a ferocious Pokemon, and it has a Mega Evolution that is Water/Dark.
Oh. I hadn't played enough of the later gens to know that. I guess that would fit better since many of these typing changes are based on later gens (such as alola forms - I still need to get around to getting Sun/moon and playing, heh), although the water/fire really is quite tempting.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Oh. I hadn't played enough of the later gens to know that. I guess that would fit better since many of these typing changes are based on later gens (such as alola forms - I still need to get around to getting Sun/moon and playing, heh), although the water/fire really is quite tempting.
Oh boy, you sure have been missing out on something!

Also, this idea may sound a bit crazy, but you could move evolutions like Rhyperior, Electivire, and Magmortar to spots beyond 201, since they're not going to be in the wild anyway. And then move the likes of Phanpy and Gligar to spots between 151 and 201.

Back