• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Server: Moving Forward

Sirfetch’d

You may have noticed that the Battle Server now links on the index of the forums. This is a really big thing for us because now we have exposure(more so than before anyways) and should bring a lot more activity to our battle server. We can post major events in the description area possibly as well. We have a lot more planned for the battle server too that I can't go into too much but some big changes will happen soon and we will be able to do a lot more for the place.

What would you guys like to see us do on the server? Do you have any events that you'd like us to host? What would make you come visit the server more?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Some of these ideas may already be in the works, but I'm just going to throw out some ideas that I've had in mind for a while now.

1. Create-A-Pokémon / Make-A-Mega event. I feel like these have the potential to bring a massive amount of activity to both the server and forum if we ever find a way of adding the Pokémon we create to the server client.

2. Quarterly / Seasonal official tournament series. The winners of these tournaments could have their names listed in the forum splash in a similar manner to the current clan statistics. Giving them a large sum of battle points (maybe 250 to 500) is a possibility as well.

3. More frequent community weekends. Community weekend is probably the biggest even for the server, and it'd be cool to see it happen more often. Hosting it at a set time each month is also an idea I've thought of. Perhaps more people would participate if they knew the third weekend of every month was community weekend?

4. Rebranding of the BP system + different ways to earn it. We're all probably aware that everyone who visits our server isn't there to battle, but they still enjoy having access to some of the things that require BP like the rest of us. For this reason, I think a simple name change would suffice here. Maybe "server points" or something of that nature so people don't think that battles are the only way to earn them. Which brings me to my next point. Things like trivia (which seems to be a smash hit as of late) and other games we can play on the server could give out a small sum of BP for winning. No more than 5 to 10 would surely be acceptable, right?

5. Counter that Pokémon room on the server. It's been a thread in the forum for a while now, but I think it'd be cool if there was some way to implement this as a game type in a room on the server.

Sirfetch’d

Some of these ideas may already be in the works, but I'm just going to throw out some ideas that I've had in mind for a while now.

1. Create-A-Pokémon / Make-A-Mega event. I feel like these have the potential to bring a massive amount of activity to both the server and forum if we ever find a way of adding the Pokémon we create to the server client.

2. Quarterly / Seasonal official tournament series. The winners of these tournaments could have their names listed in the forum splash in a similar manner to the current clan statistics. Giving them a large sum of battle points (maybe 250 to 500) is a possibility as well.

3. More frequent community weekends. Community weekend is probably the biggest even for the server, and it'd be cool to see it happen more often. Hosting it at a set time each month is also an idea I've thought of. Perhaps more people would participate if they knew the third weekend of every month was community weekend?

4. Rebranding of the BP system + different ways to earn it. We're all probably aware that everyone who visits our server isn't there to battle, but they still enjoy having access to some of the things that require BP like the rest of us. For this reason, I think a simple name change would suffice here. Maybe "server points" or something of that nature so people don't think that battles are the only way to earn them. Which brings me to my next point. Things like trivia (which seems to be a smash hit as of late) and other games we can play on the server could give out a small sum of BP for winning. No more than 5 to 10 would surely be acceptable, right?

5. Counter that Pokémon room on the server. It's been a thread in the forum for a while now, but I think it'd be cool if there was some way to implement this as a game type in a room on the server.

1. Make a Mega is likely to return. I have to get with Pie and work out the details but one idea we had was to bring it back in a reduced capacity. Instead of lasting a month and going through 4 stages, people can just submit full ideas and we can approve what goes through to the server client. This might end up being not as fun and we could consider going back to the older version but this is certainly a lot less work and could get more people involved.

2. Yep either this or PCL is good. I was thinking once the new client is up we can have a built in Hall of Fame on the actual server.

3. These have been rebranded to Tournament Bonanzas, but they are definitely going to be a more common occurance. I think once a month would be good.

4. Sounds good.

5. I love this idea but I don't know if it's possible. Wolf would have to answer.

Years
Greetings, i just wanted to know as to when LoTF would be Updated for a new ladder? I do not by any means mean this as an ill complaint or rudeness of any kind just a question that i have had for some time. I like the concept of the LoTF ladder and think that a regularly updated LoTF would be good for those in the competitive community on PC and the server as a whole as i think it would give the server more activity battle-wise.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
Greetings, i just wanted to know as to when LoTF would be Updated for a new ladder? I do not by any means mean this as an ill complaint or rudeness of any kind just a question that i have had for some time. I like the concept of the LoTF ladder and think that a regularly updated LoTF would be good for those in the competitive community on PC and the server as a whole as i think it would give the server more activity battle-wise.

LotF can only get updated when we update and restart the server. I believe we do have the power to do that now, but there might be small complications that we have to figure out before everything is formalized and ready to go. But yeah, LotF isn't really Ladder of the Fortnight if we don't update it regularly.

Back