• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hello,

I've played Beta 4.0 for a while and did all the sidequests.
Now I would love to play Beta 4.1 but... where can I find it?

Who can help me?
You can try using google to find someone else hosting beta 4.1. somewhere but you can download an ips patch of it here.

can someone give me a link of this java version of this beta ???
Google will help :)
Also, it's not really difficult to make a jar-package of the gbc-rom file yourself.

This looks like a nice hack, i'll try it:D
Have fun! :)

I'm missing 1 of the 6 pages for the magical book. Any help?
Depends on which pages you have acquired.
Anyway, I'd assume that you're either missing the page received by;
1) Defeating Neal the second time,
2) The one from the locked house at Western Lake or
3) The one from the thief hideout in Cave of Illusions.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2023
The locked house on the small island on the lake. Any hints? I dont know how to open it

EDIT: done

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2017
The locked house on the small island on the lake. Any hints? I dont know how to open it

EDIT: done

Back to the road before the forest that you fight with the giant Arbok, You will see a lake there. Surf to the other side of the lake and you will find one guy. Rape him and he will give you the key :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
I just downloaded the GBC A.D. emulator, and have been enjoying replaying the yellow version. After a couple dayd, I read about Dark Energy and couldn't find it fast enough.
I ended up with the 4.0 version though. The one I tried to download from this forum didn't work though...I can't open it. Is it the emulator I am running?
I love the concept of the game and can't wait to see it!
did you do any others? I figured I would just ask since I see you actually replying.
Have a great day! And thanks for your time

miksy91

Years
I just downloaded the GBC A.D. emulator, and have been enjoying replaying the yellow version. After a couple dayd, I read about Dark Energy and couldn't find it fast enough.
I ended up with the 4.0 version though. The one I tried to download from this forum didn't work though...I can't open it. Is it the emulator I am running?
I love the concept of the game and can't wait to see it!
did you do any others? I figured I would just ask since I see you actually replying.
Have a great day! And thanks for your time
The file you can download from here is an ips patch file. You need to use an ips patching program to apply the patch to a pokemon silver rom file for playing the game. There are instructions for doing that inside the ReadMe I think :) (If not, just google Lunar IPS and read how to use it.)

I have made some rom hacks based on pokemon crystal as well but I wouldn't see them worth playing because I didn't know a thing about scripting or rom hacking in general when I made them. If you want to try them too though, you can find them in Sideshow Showcase.
Great day to you too! :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
The file you can download from here is an ips patch file. You need to use an ips patching program to apply the patch to a pokemon silver rom file for playing the game. There are instructions for doing that inside the ReadMe I think :) (If not, just google Lunar IPS and read how to use it.)

I have made some rom hacks based on pokemon crystal as well but I wouldn't see them worth playing because I didn't know a thing about scripting or rom hacking in general when I made them. If you want to try them too though, you can find them in Sideshow Showcase.
Great day to you too! :)

I just tried finding a Lunar IP, but none of them are working on my Galaxy S5. Is there one you prefer over others?
sorry for the hastle
edit
I am wondering if I can't perform the patch on my mobile device, and have to plug it into my computer to use the LIPS correctly..?
I am in completely virgin territory. Apologies if this is something incredibly simple that I am not grasping

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
I just tried finding a Lunar IP, but none of them are working on my Galaxy S5. Is there one you prefer over others?
sorry for the hastle
edit
I am wondering if I can't perform the patch on my mobile device, and have to plug it into my computer to use the LIPS correctly..?
I am in completely virgin territory. Apologies if this is something incredibly simple that I am not grasping
Yeah. You can do the patching using LIPS and a pokemon Silver rom file with your pc. That will give you a playable .gbc rom file that you can transfer to your phone.

If your mobile phone can only run .jar files (for example due to only a little amount of memory), you'll have to pack the .gbc file into .jar format first. Google should help with this process in case you need it.

Linnie

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 16, 2022
I'm enjoying the hack thus far, but there's a rather major bug I'd like to report;

After you're told to visit the Milky Village farm house, you need to open the gate. I'm not sure if there's a specific variable in my game that causes it to happen, or if it's a general bug, and I don't know if it's reported because there's no "bug list" in the first post, but if I say "No" to opening the gate, the entire game crashes and restarts. I'm not sure if this is something other people have experienced, but it consistently happens to me. Opening the gate works fine, of course.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 31, 2016
Outstanding GBC hack! Tremendous job with the unique attributes from the game that make it unlike any other Pokemon game I've played! I cannot wait for the final version to be released.

Although I have a question for you miksy91; would you consider the possibility of somehow making it possible to battle/trade with others?

miksy91

Years
I'm enjoying the hack thus far, but there's a rather major bug I'd like to report;

After you're told to visit the Milky Village farm house, you need to open the gate. I'm not sure if there's a specific variable in my game that causes it to happen, or if it's a general bug, and I don't know if it's reported because there's no "bug list" in the first post, but if I say "No" to opening the gate, the entire game crashes and restarts. I'm not sure if this is something other people have experienced, but it consistently happens to me. Opening the gate works fine, of course.
Thanks for reporting that bug :)
I believe that gate script worked just fine in beta 4.0 but I probably "enhanced" it during one way or another for beta 4.1 and due to doing that, I forgot to change a "pointer adjusted to saying No" for opening the gate.

I didn't put up a whole new release just for fixing that but it would be handy though.

Outstanding GBC hack! Tremendous job with the unique attributes from the game that make it unlike any other Pokemon game I've played! I cannot wait for the final version to be released.

Although I have a question for you miksy91; would you consider the possibility of somehow making it possible to battle/trade with others?
Thank you major glory :)

I don't think I would want to allow trading because some few pokemon will be changed (just like Super Onix replaced Lugia of original g/s that didn't have a purpose for being in this hack). What comes to allowing battles, that should be doable. I could make an additional place for battles somewhere in east-suden.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 31, 2016
Thank you major glory :)

I don't think I would want to allow trading because some few pokemon will be changed (just like Super Onix replaced Lugia of original g/s that didn't have a purpose for being in this hack). What comes to allowing battles, that should be doable. I could make an additional place for battles somewhere in east-suden.
I understand your perspective when it comes to trading; it would be unnecessary when you can obtain virtually all the pokemon up to the g/s/c timeline as well. You're idea for an exclusive area to allow battling would be perfect by the way!

In addition, I wanted to ask you, what do you think about the stat changes in pokemon that have occured since g/s/c? Do you think they would bear any revelance in your game?

Keep up the phenomenal work!

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
In addition, I wanted to ask you, what do you think about the stat changes in pokemon that have occured since g/s/c? Do you think they would bear any revelance in your game?

Keep up the phenomenal work!
I don't think I'll be changing anything what comes to the "base" of the hack. I think everything is fine the way it is; the game is pretty balanced and everybody who knows how GSC work, can play this one without any kind problem.

I could also implement stat changes like that but it putting them in there would be just lots of work without any great purpose. I would mostly likely hex edit the changes and then for the pokemon that I would change, I would test out that they indeed are as powerful as they should be (it would be pretty easy to for example write byte "77" instead of "37" by double-tapping button "7" and not noticing it with a hex editor - especially since I would do this kind of job for lots of pokemon).
I'm just not feeling like doing that. I did something similar before like changing the movesets of all kinds of pokemon with some other hack and that turned out really boring. Got the job 1/2 done, or so, but even then, it could have been pretty unbalanced and I hadn't even tested the game out yet. Took many hours.

I don't know how much the stats of these pokemon have been changed since 2nd gen but if there are just minor changes here and there, implementing them should be possible and not time-consuming at all. Even then, I would prefer having them listed somewhere instead of taking a look at bulbapedia (or some other wiki) myself.

Another thing I could implement would be P/S split but since I'm not used to gen IV and onwards myself, I would just dislike that part about my own hack although I find it very fun otherwise. So that's pretty much the reason why I don't feel like doing that either. :)
Besides, it might unbalance the game because the movesets all pokemon learn are still those of gen II.

Linnie

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 16, 2022
Just finished 99% of the game (in its current version), and I'm having just a few questions:

I have all the Sidequests done but the bird trio, and I can't get Zapdos to appear. I have already met it in Route 110 and it flew away, but it won't appear in Argent Warehouse. Do you have to meet Zapdos on 110 multiple times before it goes to the Warehouse? I've combed through the route and haven't been able to find any second location for it.

Is Jin able to be interacted with in this beta? I've seen videos of you interacting with him but, despite me seemingly having everything (but Zapdos), nothing has caused him to want to let me in.

Why does your Eevee talk the first time you get it and then not once for the rest of the hack? I'm not complaining since I'm not a fan of special talking Pokémon much, but it seems odd to have it be able to talk and then it just never choose to.

Overall I did greatly enjoy your hack, and I eagerly await Beta 5.

miksy91

Years
I have the wholly hat and I'm still freezing
Go back to North Star and just walk or run to the other side of it. You shouldn't freeze because it's very unlikely that will happen when having Woolly Hat in key item pocket.

Just finished 99% of the game (in its current version), and I'm having just a few questions:

I have all the Sidequests done but the bird trio, and I can't get Zapdos to appear. I have already met it in Route 110 and it flew away, but it won't appear in Argent Warehouse. Do you have to meet Zapdos on 110 multiple times before it goes to the Warehouse? I've combed through the route and haven't been able to find any second location for it.

Is Jin able to be interacted with in this beta? I've seen videos of you interacting with him but, despite me seemingly having everything (but Zapdos), nothing has caused him to want to let me in.

Why does your Eevee talk the first time you get it and then not once for the rest of the hack? I'm not complaining since I'm not a fan of special talking Pokémon much, but it seems odd to have it be able to talk and then it just never choose to.

Overall I did greatly enjoy your hack, and I eagerly await Beta 5.
Go back to the Place where you ran into Zapdos (= push A between the trees) and it should come to you. After that, follow it to the upper part of the map and approach it again.
*I could use an additional flag for making Zapdos stay there after you have "found" it before but it probably doesn't at the moment. I wanted to reserve some space by not doing so.*

Nope. Jin will have a meaning later in beta 5 (or even in a possible release after that).

Not really sure why I wanted to make Eevee talk back then.
I have no proper use for Eevee at the moment and probably never will, so I might as well remove that talking scene from beginning of the game. We'll see...

Thanks! And nice to hear you liked it :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 13, 2014
Wow after reading through pages and pages of posts I just realized beta 4 is not a finished hack. What a bummer it is such a good game idk I assumed you had finally finished it but after seeing what east suden looks like I saw there was no way that was all there is to the east side of the region it looked so empty. Please come out with beta 5 soon I don't think I can even keep playing it anymore until its finished because I'm gonna be so disappointed when I finally get to as far as I can go in the beta and not be able to beat the game its gonna drive me crazy. I've been looking forward to rescuing oak and squaring off with team darkness now that I know you can't even get to that point I'm kinda heart broken

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Found this bug in that one forest. Forgot the name dammit! xD
Instead of jumping over that obstacle, you directly jump into those trees o0
Never thought I'd experience that kind of thing xD
I found this btw in the 4.0 Version. Haven't played the newest yet :)

View attachment 74009

May somebody explain me how to put that support banner on my Profile?
Have no damn idea how that works :/ Would be glad to support this crazy hack!

I'm a huge fan of RGP Games and your hack gave me the feeling as if I would play one!
Thanks for this amazing hack miksy91! You did a phenomenal job creating this!
I already figured out that you're a little lazy bastard but I still hope that someday we'll be able to play the final version of this hack! Looking forward to it :)

Ps: Sorry if my english sucks at some parts, ain't using it that often :p

Back