• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EV's for various shiny pokemon

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 27, 2018
Hello all first time poster here. I have been shiny hunting for the past month or so using the masuda method and I now have a backlog of shinny's waiting for EV's. I have done a couple but the rest I'm petrified to give EV's to in case I end up butchering them. Here are the shinny's and nature.

Snorlax (Brave)
Goodra (Modest)
Golisopod (Adamant)
Aeginslash (Adamant)
Vikavolt (Modest)
Mega Blastoise (Modest)
Kommo-o (Adamant)
Deciduye (Adamant)
2x Klefki (calm)
Togedemaru (impish) (has sturdy ability wanted iron barbs/rocky helmet)
Oranguru (calm) already maxed out sp.atk which I now realise was a big mistake (hence this thread want to avoid a repeat)

I also have a Shiny Charizard Y (timid) Infernape (adamant) and Mimikyu (adamant) which I have given Max speed and sp.atk/atk to already. Any help would be really grateful.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Hello all first time poster here. I have been shiny hunting for the past month or so using the masuda method and I now have a backlog of shinny's waiting for EV's. I have done a couple but the rest I'm petrified to give EV's to in case I end up butchering them. Here are the shinny's and nature.

Snorlax (Brave)
Goodra (Modest)
Golisopod (Adamant)
Aeginslash (Adamant)
Vikavolt (Modest)
Mega Blastoise (Modest)
Kommo-o (Adamant)
Deciduye (Adamant)
2x Klefki (calm)
Togedemaru (impish) (has sturdy ability wanted iron barbs/rocky helmet)
Oranguru (calm) already maxed out sp.atk which I now realise was a big mistake (hence this thread want to avoid a repeat)

I also have a Shiny Charizard Y (timid) Infernape (adamant) and Mimikyu (adamant) which I have given Max speed and sp.atk/atk to already. Any help would be really grateful.

Alright, first of all there's no such thing as "butchering EVs" because you can just use EV-reducing berries to correct your mistake. They're found on Route 10, and once you have all 6 you can just grow them in Pelago and you can easily remove EVs as needed (it takes 26 berries to reduce a maxed out stat to 0). As for your Pokemon and their EVs, here's what I'd recommend:

- Snorlax: bulky Trick Room attacker (252hp/252atk)
- Goodra: special attacker (252spa/252spe)
- Golisopod: physical attacker (252hp/252atk)
- Aegislash: physical attacker (252hp/252atk)
- Vikavolt: special attacker (176hp/4def/252spa/76spe)
- Mega Blastoise: special attacking spinner (104hp/252spa/152spe)
- Kommo-o: Dragon Dancer (252atk/252spe)
- Decideye: physical attacker (252atk/252spe)
- Klefki: troll/support mon (248hp/252def/8spe)
- Togedemaru: physical attacker (252atk/252spe)
- Oranguru: Trick Room attacker (252hp/252spa) - to be honest you're fine with maxing out the SpA

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 27, 2018
Wow that's great news!!!! And thanks for the ev's. I have researched btw it's just I have no internet at home at the moment and am limited to 1hr at the library (hence the backlog).

I should of said that I would like a curselax, I found this spread Def 244/Atk 196/Hp68 is this ok?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 27, 2018
Oh I also got last night a shiny hydreigon and primarina (both modest) any spreads would be most welcome. I guess with hydreigon spd and sp.atk max?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Hydreigon is best run with 252spa/252spe, and considering it's Modest you're better off running a scarf. The same spread can be run for Primarina, but you'll need to use Specs.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 27, 2018
Ok thanks dude, any suggestions for a curselax spread? Is the one I posted viable?

Back