• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Wifi team

LordDarkrai

Gamer
Years
Sceptile with Life orb
Likes to run
EVs:252 Speed/252 Sp.Atk
Nature:Timid
Moves:
leaf storm
dragon pulse
swagger
focus blast

Scizor with no item
Alert to sounds
EVs: 252attack/some for speed and defense
Nature:Lonely
Moves:
X-Scissor
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Night Slash

Dusknoir with leftovers
Capable of taking hits
EVs 252 Defense/252 special denfense and some for attack
Nature: Relaxed
Moves:
Pain Split
Shadow Punch
Will-O-Wisp
Trick Room

Gallade with focus sash
Quick tempered
EVs 252 attack, 252 speed and the rest for special defense
Nature: adamant
Moves:
Bulk up
psycho cut
leaf blade
drain punch

Milotic with shell ball
Quick to flee
EVs 252 defense/252 HP
Nature: bold
Move:
Surf
ice beam
attract
recover

I don't have an 6th member let but I have it planned and have a egg for it.

Flygon with choice scarf
often scatters things
EVs 252 attack/252 speed/ 4 special defense
Nature: jolly
Moves:
Dragon claw
earthquake
U-turn
fire blast

I also considering to replace Gallade with an Calm Mind Lucario.

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wow, the weird thing about your team is that some things are fine, but some things are really bad. Let's take a look at what's bad and try to make them good.

SCEPTILE

Everything is fine about this moveset except Swagger.

Never use Swagger because you'll basically end up helping your opponent. Confusion is unreliable and wears off quickly. And your opponent has a chance of not hitting itself at all which means that it gets to attack your team with a +2 boost in Attack. Use Hidden Power Fire instead (or Energy Ball if you can't get it).

SCIZOR

Nature problem!
Always use natures that decrease your least important stat. Lonely nature decreases Scizor's Defense, but Defense is not its least important stat. That would be Special Attack. So use an Adamant Nature instead.

All Pokemon need items as well. A Swords Dance Scizor works best with Life Orb.

As for moves, use Bug Bite over X-Scissor. Bug Bite gets boosted by Technician and becomes stronger than X-Scissor.
Brick Break over Night Slash, because without Brick Break, you can't handle Steel types.

DUSKNOIR

EV problem!
If you want to make a defensive, look at its HP compared to its Defense/Special Defense.

If HP < Defense/Special Defense, max out HP first (i.e. Shuckle, Dusknoir)
If HP > Defense/Special Defense, max out Defense/Special Defense first (i.e. Blissey, Vaporeon)

Pokemon with high defenses, but low HP will take less damage if you give it more HP EVs. Pokemon with high HP, but low defenses will take less damage if you give it more EVs in its defenses.
Since Dusknoir's HP is less than its Defense and Sp Defense, you should put 252 EVs into HP.

Trick Room isn't bad for Dusknoir, but it's bad for the rest of your team because your other Pokemon rely on Speed. You should never use Trick Room or weather effects if their are no other Pokemon on your team that benefit from it because you could end up hurting your team mates and cause you to lose.

Replace Trick Room with Earthquake. Also replace Shadow Punch with Shadow Sneak. Shadow Sneak always goes first and bypasses Dusknoir's low Speed.

GALLADE

Item problem!
NEVER ever use Focus Sash on a Pokemon that isn't in your lead position. Opponents will almost always use Stealth Rock or another entry hazard on their first turn. If you switch your Focus Sash wearer in, you will take damage and Focus Sash will fail since it only works when you're at 100% HP.

Bulk Up is okay, but Swords Dance is better. When a Pokemon learns both Swords Dance and Bulk Up, Swords Dance is almost always the better option since it boosts your Attack faster.

Also, don't use Drain Punch. It's way too weak. Use Close Combat. Close Combat is TWICE as strong as Drain Punch.

MILOTIC

Never ever use Attract. It's a bad move because it won't work over half the time due to your opponent being genderless or the same gender as you. A better status move would be Toxic.

Don't use Shell Bell either. It's a bad item because it only works if you damage the opponent. But if you don't use a damaging move or you are prevented from attacking, then it doesn't do anything. Use Leftovers instead because Leftovers always restores health no matter what you do.

FLYGON

Your Flygon's moveset is actually almost perfect, but you need to use Outrage over Dragon Claw since Outrage is 50% stronger and outweighs any negative side effects the move has.

Next, I'll talk about Pokemon you should replace.

First off, is Sceptile your lead Pokemon? If it is, then it's a bad lead. Most leads should focus on setting up with support moves like entry hazards (Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes), weather effects (Rain Dance, Sunny Day etc.) or screens (Reflect, Light Screen). Your Sceptile isn't doing any of that, so get rid of it.

A good Grass type lead is Roserade. It learns Toxic Spikes which is a nice entry hazard as well as Sleep Powder to shut down other leads.

Roserade @Focus Sash
Timid Nature
Natural Cure
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

-Leaf Storm
-Sleep Powder
-Toxic Spikes
-Hidden Power Fire/Sludge Bomb

Next, lets look at Gallade. While Gallade has fantastic Attack, the one thing that lets it down is its Speed which is only average. In OU tier, Gallade is generally outclassed by Lucario, who has less Attack but is faster and learns some better moves.

Lucario @Life Orb
Adamant Nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-Crunch/Ice Punch
-Swords Dance

One of Lucario's major selling points is Extremespeed which allows it to take down faster opponents that most Fighting types can't handle.

Milotic is also a nice Water type, but its defenses aren't high enough to handle some of the physical attackers in OU. Swampert would be a better bulky Water and also learns Stealth Rock, another entry hazard your team needs.

Swampert @Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def

-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Stealth Rock
-Roar

In Short:

*Replace Sceptile with Roserade
*Replace Gallade with Lucario
*Change Dusknoir's EVs and moves
*Replace Milotic with Swampert
*Change Scizor's moves and add an item
*Give Flygon Outrage

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Last edited:

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
Years
Sceptile with Life orb
Likes to run
EVs:252 Speed/252 Sp.Atk
Nature:Timid
Moves:
leaf storm
dragon pulse
swagger never use swagger without psych up. use hp fire or ice (preferably fire).
focus blast

Scizor with no item always use items. use a life orb
Alert to sounds
EVs: 252attack/some for speed and defense Just max out atk and spd; with bullet punch, you need no def.
Nature:Lonely Adamant is better.
Moves:
X-Scissor bug bite gets boosted from technician to 90 power which bypasses x-scissor's 80 power. bug bite is a move tutor move in hgss.
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Night Slash Use Superpower over Night Slash.

Dusknoir with leftovers
Capable of taking hits
EVs 252 Defense/252 special denfense and some for attack
Nature: Relaxed use impish; trick room will be gone.
Moves:
Pain Split
Shadow Punch
Will-O-Wisp
Trick Room

dusknoir is good, but trick room on only one pokemon seems pointless, especially with flygon. dusknoir has bad speed and trick room isn't for the entire team, so use eq or fire punch over trick room and shadow sneak over shadow punch.

Gallade with focus sash gallade is not your lead, so use leftovers or life orb instead.
Quick tempered
EVs 252 attack, 252 speed and the rest for special defense
Nature: adamant
Moves:
Bulk up
psycho cut
leaf blade
drain punch

use ice punch or night slash over leaf blade. this gallade is good because it can attack strongly and be a minor staller with drain punch and bulk up. if you want a more offensive gallade, use swords dance instead of bulk up, shadow sneak instead of leaf blade and close combat instead of drain punch. if you change it so you get a jolly gallade, zen headbutt works well with the 30% chance to flinch an opponent. that works well for knocking out pokemon like togekiss, who try to flinch you first.

Milotic with shell ball never use shell bell. use leftovers instead.
Quick to flee
EVs 252 defense/252 HP
Nature: bold
Move:
Surf
ice beam
attract
recover

attract is almost never good. there is a 50% chance the other pokemon is the other gender, then another 50% chance that attract will immobilise them. use hp electric instead

I don't have an 6th member let but I have it planned and have a egg for it.

Flygon with choice scarf
often scatters things
EVs 252 attack/252 speed/ 4 special defense
Nature: jolly
Moves:
Dragon claw on a choice scarf set, use outrage over dragon claw
earthquake
U-turn
fire blast/stone edge

no problem here apart from d-claw.

I also considering to replace Gallade with an Calm Mind Lucario.

Bulk Up Gallade is good enough. It's also novelty, as most people use a standard anti-lead gallade. however, gallade would be good with shadow sneak.
Use a different lead. Sceptile is good, but it's better as a late-game sweeper. Choice Specs or Choice Scarf would also go well with Sceptile. I always base my teams on: lead, special choice sweeper, physical choice sweeper (one of the choice sweepers will have scarf), setup sweeper, tank or stall and finally a wall. You're missing a good lead. Aragornbird, already recommended Roserade. Torterra is also good since it can be defensive at the same time as offensive, and, unlike Roserade, gains access to Stealth Rock. I hope I didn't simply repeat everything that Aragornbird said, often we have the same view. XD Either way, hope I helped!

Back