• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Yellow's events are also not within the FR/LG remakes so Third games aren't all Canon. So far only 2 have shown to be canon and only 1 through Remakes as a Minor Side story. So if we go that route, Rayquaza's use would be a Minor Side Story just like Suicune's which was just a random add in and nothing more.

To begin with, Yellow is special version, not third version. Japanese Blue is third version, so your argument is invalid. I think R/S remakes will have storyline from Emerald with addition of Groudon/Kyogre encounter before League, much like HG/SS were developed - storyline from canon third version, with mascot encounter added depending of your version.

If they remake the games they are going to be true to the original titles, so if they remake Ruby and Sapphire, we are going to get Ruby and Sapphire. Odds of the opposite Legend appearing are fairly low unless they show up once as an off screen occurrence (Aqua/Magma awakens Kyogre/Groudon without your meddling cause you are too busy trying to stop the other team) and Rayquaza shows up to stop the fight on its own. After that you wouldn't be able to fins Kyogre if you are playing the Ruby Remake or Groudon if you are playing the Sapphire Remake.

What you are saying now is denying to itself, because it looks more like edited Emerald's storyline, rather than original storylines from R/S. That storyline you suggested is not bad at all, but don't say it's original R/S because it's not true - both teams awakening their legendaries is something from Emerald, not from R/S.

No actually all third games aren't canon and WT isn't Canon outside of existing. Giovanni isn't a Gym Leader anymore and is so in the Kanto League portion, thus proving it isn't Canon. We all know that the only way you could have encountered Giovanni was through the Celebi event.

Giovanni appears as former Gym Leader, the same like Gary as former Champion. Koga doesn't appear because Elite Four members can't appear at WT. If it wasn't canon, Koga would appear as well. WT fits with Emerald being canon and having R/S remakes in gen 5.

And yes Steven was referencing the Main Characters. He said a couple of trainers that looked a like like all Main Characters within the same games do. The only MC's to be given actual names was Red. All the others when referenced are known as "A trainer" or "the Trainers".

Aha, so every time someone says "Trainer" it has to mean main character?
If he would be referring to main character from R/S/E he would say ONE Trainer, much like Cynthia says about that Pokemon trainer who encountered Giratina. I'm not going to reply about this because we're polluting this thread again.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
To begin with, Yellow is special version, not third version. Japanese Blue is third version, so your argument is invalid. I think R/S remakes will have storyline from Emerald with addition of Groudon/Kyogre encounter before League, much like HG/SS were developed - storyline from canon third version, with mascot encounter added depending of your version.

What you are saying now is denying to itself, because it looks more like edited Emerald's storyline, rather than original storylines from R/S. That storyline you suggested is not bad at all, but don't say it's original R/S because it's not true - both teams awakening their legendaries is something from Emerald, not from R/S.

Giovanni appears as former Gym Leader, the same like Gary as former Champion. Koga doesn't appear because Elite Four members can't appear at WT. If it wasn't canon, Koga would appear as well. WT fits with Emerald being canon and having R/S remakes in gen 5.

Aha, so every time someone says "Trainer" it has to mean main character?
If he would be referring to main character from R/S/E he would say ONE Trainer, much like Cynthia says about that Pokemon trainer who encountered Giratina. I'm not going to reply about this because we're polluting this thread again.

Yellow is still classified as a third version internationally so your argument is invalid. Now please learn to read cause no its not an edited version of emearld. The only way emerald's little story addition with rayquaza could be done is at one of the few later points in the story when the opposing team isn't present the other team could awaken the opposite legend which will only appear for a short instance for the rayquaza cinematic. Otherwise they'll keep kyogre/groudon to their respective game placement. Even in HG/SS ho-oh and lugia wrte caught in the same place after the same events.

And no, even for it to have giovanni as an ex gymleader he still could not be there because he was in hiding. He would notbe there if it were canon, not to mention cilan, cress, chili, lenora, and brycen who are not even needed in the unova league's lime up are still there as gymleaders making unova's gym count 11 with 13 leaders. They could have added koga if they wanted like giovanni, they simply chose not to. PWT isn't canon and doesn't hold any support to rumors.

And yes even in b2w2 until you use memory link all references to hilbert/hilda are said as "the trainer(s)". Steven's reference in HG/SS were about brendan/may. Even cynthia's reference is amberdextrous enough to reference both dawn/lucas. They would not be programmed to say those things if not immediate References to the older games.

PWT isn't credible reference for remake hints nor credible to current canon. Odds are the remakes will stick to ruby/sapphire's main story like the others did. There are only two points that the story can diverge from main plot to allow for rayquaza and opposite legend to appear. Off screen awakening of opposite, or after story event where you get to awaken the opposite legend yourself. Though last is less likely as they are pretty much going to keep the box legends exclusive likein the originals. Remaking emerald isn't likely either due to loss of sales, they'd make more with two games, we all know this, than they would with one remake.

Still only credible references we have for remakes are steven's unneeded appearence in hg/ss and the new caves in b2w2. Sad to say that the most credible reference was in gen 4 which almost discredits it. Those are so far the only irrefutable references we have. Not much to say which system it'll be on. Still since the dsi is gunna be discontinued, good chance that it'll be for the 3ds. I still support gen 6 cause it doesn't make sense for two main games to be on two seperate main systems.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Giovanni wasn't in hiding, he was training

"There is nothing I wish to say to you.
I will concentrate solely on bettering myself, and none other."
"Having lost, I cannot face my underlings! Team Rocket is finished forever! I will dedicate my life to the study of Pokémon. Let us meet again someday! Farewell!"

Archer:
"Oh? You managed to get this far...? You must be quite the Trainer. We intend to take over this Radio Tower and officially announce our comeback. That should bring our boss Giovanni back from his solitary training. We are going to regain our former glory... I will not allow you to interfere with our meticulous plans!"

wonder if they'll have w WT in the remakes or not

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
you could get a Silver Wing in Gold Version?
you could get a Rainbow Wing in Silver Version?

(I only played Crystal)

Silver wing was in pewter in gold and crystal.
Rainbow Wong was in pewter in silver
Rainbow wing was given to you by capturing entei, raikou and suicune in crystal after talking to eusine in celedon.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
wonder if they'll have w WT in the remakes or not

There might be World Conference in remakes - place where you could choose which Gym Leader or Champion you battle and all battles would be with six Pokemon, not only three like in WT. Steven could be battled in this (Wallace would stay at League).

Yellow is still classified as a third version internationally so your argument is invalid. Now please learn to read cause no its not an edited version of emearld. The only way emerald's little story addition with rayquaza could be done is at one of the few later points in the story when the opposing team isn't present the other team could awaken the opposite legend which will only appear for a short instance for the rayquaza cinematic. Otherwise they'll keep kyogre/groudon to their respective game placement. Even in HG/SS ho-oh and lugia wrte caught in the same place after the same events.

And no, even for it to have giovanni as an ex gymleader he still could not be there because he was in hiding. He would notbe there if it were canon, not to mention cilan, cress, chili, lenora, and brycen who are not even needed in the unova league's lime up are still there as gymleaders making unova's gym count 11 with 13 leaders. They could have added koga if they wanted like giovanni, they simply chose not to. PWT isn't canon and doesn't hold any support to rumors.

Yellow is not third version. International classification means nothing, only Japanese one is correct. That's why they remade Japanese Red/Green, not international Red/Blue.

If you want to keep original R/S storyline in remakes, both legendaries can't be awaken because one of the teams in not evil. The storyline you suggested is closer to Emerald, rather than to R/S, because of having both teams doing evil work. However I'm not saying it's bad plot because it's alright.

Still, WT is imo canon because all trainers who were free to participate, are there. Giovanni wasn't hiding. Koga couldn't participate because of being Elite Four member. There is nothing conflicting with canon.

And yes even in b2w2 until you use memory link all references to hilbert/hilda are said as "the trainer(s)". Steven's reference in HG/SS were about brendan/may. Even cynthia's reference is amberdextrous enough to reference both dawn/lucas. They would not be programmed to say those things if not immediate References to the older games.

I'm saying it for the last time - ONE trainer can be referred as protagonist of each generation. Steven doesn't say about that one special trainer from R/S/E. He says about group of random trainers he battled with.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
There is another scenerio that could still make Emerald Canon but wouldn't necessary make Hoenn take place after HgSS' time. Remember we can fight Steven post game in Emerald, he could've been refering to that (though he also called himself champion...) while Wallace was still champ. Both sets of remakes only made things harder to decipher for RS' remakes and it's own timeline (though I think it's somewhere between FrLG's time and HgSs').

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
There is another scenerio that could still make Emerald Canon but wouldn't necessary make Hoenn take place after HgSS' time. Remember we can fight Steven post game in Emerald, he could've been refering to that (though he also called himself champion...) while Wallace was still champ. Both sets of remakes only made things harder to decipher for RS' remakes and it's own timeline (though I think it's somewhere between FrLG's time and HgSs').

and the whole "Sootopolis Space center" typo

that's a biggie

Years
and the whole "Sootopolis Space center" typo

that's a biggie
Right there is a possibility it's a typo too. I was about to say in my other post that someone should check the original japanese to see what it says (sometimes their's translation errors).

So far the Hoenn Elite four are the only one's who lack VS. sprites along with it's Frontier Brains.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yellow is not third version. International classification means nothing, only Japanese one is correct. That's why they remade Japanese Red/Green, not international Red/Blue.

Still, WT is imo canon because all trainers who were free to participate, are there. Giovanni wasn't hiding. Koga couldn't participate because of being Elite Four member. There is nothing conflicting with canon.

For Yellow, still not true. Yellow is recognized as a third game title because it is only #4 in Japan and origin doesn't mean anything especially where this is concerned. They could have still made many Yellow References even being a "Special Version", especially since all third versions are "Special Versions". Each Third adds to or slightly changes the main story making it a Special rendition. Emerald would also be like this as Juan was highlighted as a Gym Leader in the Anime so Emerald would be the Anime Special for the Hoenn Series games.

Yes international still counts.

As for Giovanni and the PWT, no he wasn't "Free" nor are Cilan, Cress, Lenora, Chili, and Brycen still Gym Leaders so again, they were just added in when they didn't need to be there. Same can be said for Red who isn't Champion cause he either replaces Blue making Blue take over Giovanni's Gym as he should be, or Red is replaced by Lance as he is in G/S/C/HG/SS.

They were simply chosen to be added in. So the PWT isn't Canon nor credible since its supposed to have downloadable updates if that early rumor holds true.

As for Steven's reference, he makes a dual reference because it is the first real game where both Protags appear in the game regardless of Gender chosen. Cynthia makes an identical statement in B/W. The only difference she says it in singular, but they are both the only two to reference previous Main Characters. Since Steven was the first his reference was doubled because they didn't want to insult people. Cynthia was a more vague but equally open statement that says one but referencing both characters still. They even say the same thing as a description.

Steven also does not say group. He said the ones that gave him tough battles and Canon wise that has only ever been the PC. Since unlike Lance and Cynthia, Steven isn't shown battling against the Evil teams.

Don't know why you are arguing against one of the only Valid points to a remake when you so heavily support remakes.

As for PWT in the remakes I doubt it. I see those as B2W2 only as we'd get the Battle Frontier back along with Contests to replace the Musicals, Pokestar Studioes, Black Tower/White tree, PWT and Battle Subway.

And only reason I'm trying to add Rayquaza and the other in is because everyone else seemed against the thought of Sapphire only story and Ruby only story, but since you are arguing the credentials against those I guess you are going back on your earlier speculations as well, meaning you support the Sapphire Story/Ruby Story only remakes with no Emerald additions.

Those are really the only points that the stories could do references to one another while incorporating Emerald's little tidbit without becoming 2 flat Emerald Remakes with Exclusive Pokemon which makes no sense for them to do, and even less sense for them to make 1 with a fifth of the Hoenn Pokemon missing like they would in Emerald.

Right there is a possibility it's a typo too. I was about to say in my other post that someone should check the original japanese to see what it says (sometimes their's translation errors).

So far the Hoenn Elite four are the only one's who lack VS. sprites along with it's Frontier Brains.

Hoenn Gym Leaders, Opposite PC, and Wally have VS Sprites?

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I've only ever seen fan-made VS Sprites
db14f7cb411741f2613e2ac7a828b608.png
e68171c29f1720048cf1baa285d91133.png
VS_Trainer_May_Portrait_by_DarkLordGanondorf.png
vs_pokemon_trainer_red_by_xeon_licrate-d3gg314.png
vs_trainer_leaf_by_darklordganondorf-d2xqjvf.png
steven_sprite_by_shadow_chaos00-d31j5y8.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I've only ever seen fan-made VS Sprites
db14f7cb411741f2613e2ac7a828b608.png
e68171c29f1720048cf1baa285d91133.png
VS_Trainer_May_Portrait_by_DarkLordGanondorf.png
vs_pokemon_trainer_red_by_xeon_licrate-d3gg314.png
vs_trainer_leaf_by_darklordganondorf-d2xqjvf.png

You got my hopes up that there were more sprites in B2W2. I was hopin for more Hoenn Trainer sprites. Speaking of, god I hope some of the sprites revert back to how they were cause some of the updated ones are ugly. Beauty looks like something out of Lady Gaga Musical, not to hate on her, but some of her clothes in her videos are a little WHAT THE EFF?! Not as bad as some of Madonna's but still. Future Pop Culture look from the 70s is still horrid.

Other than that there are a few other minor sprites I hope revert. Don't remember if Tubers appeared in any other game either.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
yeah, sucks that the WT only uses blown up sprites instead of vs faces, even for leaders that have them

Years
For Yellow, still not true. Yellow is recognized as a third game title because it is only #4 in Japan and origin doesn't mean anything especially where this is concerned. They could have still made many Yellow References even being a "Special Version", especially since all third versions are "Special Versions". Each Third adds to or slightly changes the main story making it a Special rendition. Emerald would also be like this as Juan was highlighted as a Gym Leader in the Anime so Emerald would be the Anime Special for the Hoenn Series games.

Yes international still counts.

As for Giovanni and the PWT, no he wasn't "Free" nor are Cilan, Cress, Lenora, Chili, and Brycen still Gym Leaders so again, they were just added in when they didn't need to be there. Same can be said for Red who isn't Champion cause he either replaces Blue making Blue take over Giovanni's Gym as he should be, or Red is replaced by Lance as he is in G/S/C/HG/SS.

They were simply chosen to be added in. So the PWT isn't Canon nor credible since its supposed to have downloadable updates if that early rumor holds true.

As for Steven's reference, he makes a dual reference because it is the first real game where both Protags appear in the game regardless of Gender chosen. Cynthia makes an identical statement in B/W. The only difference she says it in singular, but they are both the only two to reference previous Main Characters. Since Steven was the first his reference was doubled because they didn't want to insult people. Cynthia was a more vague but equally open statement that says one but referencing both characters still. They even say the same thing as a description.

Steven also does not say group. He said the ones that gave him tough battles and Canon wise that has only ever been the PC. Since unlike Lance and Cynthia, Steven isn't shown battling against the Evil teams.

Don't know why you are arguing against one of the only Valid points to a remake when you so heavily support remakes.

As for PWT in the remakes I doubt it. I see those as B2W2 only as we'd get the Battle Frontier back along with Contests to replace the Musicals, Pokestar Studioes, Black Tower/White tree, PWT and Battle Subway.

And only reason I'm trying to add Rayquaza and the other in is because everyone else seemed against the thought of Sapphire only story and Ruby only story, but since you are arguing the credentials against those I guess you are going back on your earlier speculations as well, meaning you support the Sapphire Story/Ruby Story only remakes with no Emerald additions.

Those are really the only points that the stories could do references to one another while incorporating Emerald's little tidbit without becoming 2 flat Emerald Remakes with Exclusive Pokemon which makes no sense for them to do, and even less sense for them to make 1 with a fifth of the Hoenn Pokemon missing like they would in Emerald.

Hoenn Gym Leaders, Opposite PC, and Wally have VS Sprites?
Sorry I thought that the Hoenn gym leaders had VS Sprites. As for the others...I forgot about them okay :P

As for the remakes. When you think about it FrLG, HgSs have been pretty flat remakes themselves...heck DP and BW are too with nothing really special contrasting them but version exclusives and in the case of BW two different cities and in B2W2's case a different cave... Most Duel version have been except for Ruby and Sapphire which had the most differences imo.
I would like them to focus mostly on the main legends' team but still show the other evil team doing evil stuff as well just not being as focused as much that way there can be the best of both RS and Emerald.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Sorry I thought that the Hoenn gym leaders had VS Sprites. As for the others...I forgot about them okay :P

As for the remakes. When you think about it FrLG, HgSs have been pretty flat remakes themselves...heck DP and BW are too with nothing really special contrasting them but version exclusives and in the case of BW two different cities and in B2W2's case a different cave... Most Duel version have been except for Ruby and Sapphire which had the most differences imo.
I would like them to focus mostly on the main legends' team but still show the other evil team doing evil stuff as well just not being as focused as much that way there can be the best of both RS and Emerald.

Kinda why I started saying the opposite team would still awaken their legend offscreen to bring about the Rayquaza event, and the opposite Legend then disappears.
Spoiler:
They can use those two instances from the B/W series games to keep us from getting the opposite legend while still allowing us Pokedex screen caping it for GTS Trades like they've done since D/P/Pt when they changed the Dex to record how many Pokemon you've seen rather than just catch.

Years
Oh but I meant still catching the other legendary post game. BW was unique in which a key trainer character caught the other legendary. So unless someone catches Kyogre or Groudon they'll have to be caught, having the opposite legend appearing and leaving without being seen again would be lame...

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
They don't have to, but they are constantly removing some features to bring them back again later. That feature could back in R/S remakes, the same like following Pokemon feature.

But that still doesn't mean it's definitely being saved for another game. And with all the other characters available for battles post-game like Alder, Cynthia, Cheren, Bianca, N, Banjiro, and the Game Freak guys around, facing the Gym Leaders doesn't seem so important.

I also doubt Pokemon following will be back. It was a neat little feature, but ultimately useless and pointless. All it really did was show our Pokemon and pick up a few items. Not really a feature worth an "IT'S BACK!!!" kind of treatment.

I meant that Emerald is proven to have canon storyline, not R/S, because we have Steven and Wallace as Champions and Juan as Gym Leader in World Tournament. Seeing how Emerald is proven to be canon and appears to be in gen 5 timeline, R/S remakes (with Emerald's additions) should be in gen 5 too.

If RSE remakes will happen in Gen 5 because it's in the same timeline, what about FireRed and LeafGreen? They occured in RSE timeline as well by that theory, meaning Koga should be a Gym Leader still and Lance should be part of the Elite 4. With Koga absent and Janine present as well as Lance being in the Champions Tournament in B2/W2, that blows the hole timeline theory to pieces.

But to be honest, I don't believe there is a solid 100% accurate timeline to all the games outside of the openly known ones.

There is no problem with that. R/S remakes on 3DS could simply belong to gen 5 if they don't add any new Pokemon, abilities, etc. Those things would be added in gen 6 game. It would be exactly the same like both gen 4 and 5 share platform but are divided by additions of new graphic engine, Pokemon and other things.

That would be like having a new generation happen in 2013 with RSE remakes and then again in 2014 for Gen 6. That's a lot of compatibility issues to think about. Remakes wouldn't be fully compatible with either the other Gen 5 games or Gen 6 once new Pokemon and moves are introduced. It would be stuck in between the two generations, like a Gen 5.5 all by itself.

It would be a better idea for the remakes to be compatible in the way the previous ones were with their generation's games.

Selling is not problem either. What's the problem of starting 3DS with remakes, if gen 6 would be released anyway? All of those games would be selling well because all main Pokemon games are being sold in millions.

Here's some numbers to look at (valid as of March 2011):

Diamond & Pearl - 17.39 million
Ruby & Sapphire - 13.00 million
Black & White - 12.87 million
HeartGold & SoulSilver - 11.90 million
FireRed & LeafGreen - 11.82 million
Platinum - 07.06 million
Emerald - 06.32 million

Notice that R/S beat out even HG/SS, despite all the hype that those remakes brought. They didn't sell much better than FR/LG did. Plus, if you add Platinum and Emerald to the respectful counterparts, it just furthers the gap. (Note: This was only 6 months after Black and White's release, so they haven't quite had time to make an impact, but they still already beat HG/SS)

Business-wise, it would be a smart thing based on these figures to just skip remakes. Yes, they sold 11 million each, but after 2 similar results, one would assume a similar outcome would occur. And like I noted earlier, after only 6 months, Black and White surpassed HG/SS, which have been available for a year longer than B/W have been. Also, these numbers were calculated only 5 days after the North American release of B/W, so just imagine what the overall sales results are now! (I couldn't find one more recent that March 2011)

Yes, it would be cheaper to produce if they just use the DS system, but many people have finally started to accept that it's once again time for gaming evolution to take place. The DS is done, and as was pointed out several times, it was odd that Gen V was kept on the DS, so the longer they delay the jump to the 3DS, they're only hurting themselves, especially since the 3DS's first upgrade is already coming soon.

If I wanted to make maximum profit, I'd go for the stuff that sells the best. That's just plain old business sense.

Thing is that Victini got revealed year before it's own movie, just like Genesect now. Zekrom and Reshiram were also already known year before Victini movie. New forms of Kami Trio could be featured in Genesect movie. Gen 6 is not certain to happen in next year, therefore R/S remakes are still likely to happen. I think they could also add some random Hoenn Pokemon in Genesect movie to promote remakes, just like they featured Johto starters in Arceus movie.

Victini had totally different treatment than any other Pokemon or movie.

July 24, 2010 - Victini revealed
December 17, 2010 - Victini/Zekrom movie announced
February 2011 - Reshiram confirmed for Zekrom movie/dual movie revealed
July 16, 2011 - Victini/Zekrom/Reshiram movie premieres

1. Victini was not the sole star of these movies, Zekrom and Reshiram were both equally important.
2. First time ever, we get dual movies to go along with the Black and White theme.
3. Victini was far from the last Pokemon to be revealed in Gen V.

Now, look at these dates:

December 2007 - Giratina/Shaymin movie announced (Giratina confirmed, Shaymin only hinted at)
February 2008 - Shaymin revealed
February 2008 - Giratina Origin Forme & Shaymin Sky Forme revealed
July 19, 2008 - Giratina/Shaymin movie premieres
September 13, 2008 - Pokemon Platinum released
---
December 2008 - Arceus movie announced (only Dialga, Palkia and Giratina confirmed to appear)
December 2008 - Spiky eared Pichu revealed
February 14, 2009 - Arceus revealed
May 2009 - Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver announced
July 18, 2009 - Arceus movie premieres
September 12, 2009 - Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver released
---
December 2009 - Zoroark movie announced (Only Celebi and Johto Beasts confirmed)
February 10, 2010 - Zoroark revealed
April 9, 2010 - Pokemon Black & White announced
July 10, 2010 - Zoroark movie premieres
September 18, 2010 - Pokemon Black & White released
---
December 2011 - Kyurem/Keldeo movie announced (only Kyurem and the Swordsmen confirmed)
February 15, 2012 - Keldeo revealed
February 26, 2012 - Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 announced
February 26, 2012 - Black Kyurem & White Kyurem revealed
March 1, 2012 - Meloetta revealed
May 12, 2012 - Kami trio Therian Formes revealed
June 13, 2012 - Keldeo Resolution Form revealed
June 23, 2012 - Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 released
July 1, 2012 - Genesect shown in promo for 2013 movie
July 14, 2012 - Kyurem/Keldeo movie to premiere

See the pattern? Usually, movie details come out in December, a Pokemon or forme that is to star in the next movie is revealed in February, and then movie premieres in July, followed by a September game release of some kind. With Genesect already being shown, what is there left to reveal next February? Nothing but a new Pokemon. The Kami trio Therian formes I believe have been confirmed for Best Wishes 2, so they'll have their time in the series.

As for Gen 4 reveals, Munchlax was revealed first in 2004 with D/P announced later that year, however the games wouldn't come out for 2 more years, which is probably why they just slowly revealed more Pokemon until the games were finished. We also got XD: Gale of Darkness in 2005. Still, if remakes were coming, a Gen 3 Pokemon should have been revealed for the 2013 movie first, with Genesect being saved for the February news as it is still a new unrevealed Pokemon. It's not impossible that they'll use an old Pokemon as the star, but it's highly unlikely.

My prediction (at least for now) is:
Sometime in the future - Genesect reveal and event announced
December 2012 - Genesect movie announced (Will confirm Genesect to appear)
February 2013 - New Pokemon revealed (will debut in Genesect movie)
March-May 2013 - Gen 6 announced
July 2013 - Genesect movie premieres
September 2013 - Gen 6 released

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Voice the Rse=rgby/frlg timeline is only fan speculation. Nothing confirms they happen simultaneously.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
From the Wiki
Gen I/III
The storyline of the Kanto region is contemporaneous with the Hoenn story of Generation III, as revealed by details in both the Hoenn-based games as well as the later remakes of Generation I. The storylines of the Generation II and Generation IV games occur three years after this generation, with details about this link explicitly noted throughout the Johto-based games

Gen II/IV
Details in the games indicate that the story line of the Generation II games occurs three years after the one in Generation I and Generation III, while the story line of the Sinnoh-based Generation IV games indicate that they occur similarly contemporaneously to Generation II as Generation I does to Generation III

Gen V
Generation V occurs an unknown amount of time after Generation II and Generation IV. The Team Rocket Grunt who stole the Machine Part makes a cameo appearance, saying that while he had intended to revive Team Rocket upon returning home, he instead fell in love and had a son. Cynthia mentions visiting the Distortion World and being defeated by a young Trainer as Sinnoh League Champion

don't care what you say about the wiki, but it's simpler this way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back