• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I think it would be cool if N and some of the sages were in the game. It was stated that N or the player was in unova during the events of BW 2 ( until N came back) also the players mom said the player was out looking for N.
N went out spreading truth and ideals in other places. Maybe one of those places could of been Hoen.
we know N was away from unova( why not hoen , to toe in the remakes in the gen 5 time line we know the sages are from different regions, I'm sure one of them could of been from hoen . Not all the sages were in unova in BW2 .

Also the memory link could be used for when N mentions the player in BW and BW 2 if he's rebattleable except without the legendary dragon.
Also it would be cool if we battle the main charecter from BW thru memory link it would know the name the sex and the starter pokemon.
You would fight his starter plus , his legendary dragon and a set team of hoen pokemon.
If you haven't beatin BW2, don't read this post:

Spoiler:

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
If you haven't beatin BW2, don't read this post:

Spoiler:

I know I'm a aware. I was thinking before becoming champion he would have and post game rematch he wouldn't . Basically saying that the remakes would take place before during and after the events of bw2.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
While the games don't have a pattern, they always leave little hints in the game, sometimes even the anime, to whats coming next, simply because they like to watch us suffer (lol)

As I stated before, Ruby and Sapphire were, dare I say it, boring compared to Emerald, and a lot of people would agree, and going beyond that, Emerald would be cannon to this "Timeline", not R/S, as Emerald had both teams fighting against each other and the whole thing with Rayquaza.

I want R/S/E remakes as much, if not more, than the next guy, and I believe they will come out (on the 3DS, come on lets be realistic here people) but I'm confused to as they what may contain, to make it more cannon to this "timeline".

Some people are saying that they would like to see "Sequels" to these games, or in other words, I'm guessing, games set in Hoenn, but not the "copy and paste" remake thing, I for one would love that, and saying something is "unlikely" for a game coming from GF is irreverent within its self now.

Last edited:

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Are we going to want a D/P remake with Gen VI...? Can't the 3DS play DS games? Why would one be needed then?

Will Masuda succumb to fan pressure? How will the game be expanded?

Questions, questions...

Years
The summary for the episode on 21.10 says:

Mumage! Escape from a Nightmare!! / The Start of Chief Golgo and Professor Red's New Project 'Medal Man Golgo Sets out' / Masuda Returns for Another Pokémon B2W2 Battle Lecture!

So Masuda will a appear again for a second battle lecture.

But i don't think that there will be something important.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
While the games don't have a pattern, they always leave little hints in the game, sometimes even the anime, to whats coming next, simply because they like to like us suffer (lol)

As I stated before, Ruby and Sapphire were, dare I say it, boring compared to Emerald, and a lot of people would agree, and going beyond that, Emerald would be cannon to this "Timeline", not R/S, as Emerald had both teams fighting against each other and the whole thing with Rayquaza.

I want R/S/E remakes as much, if not more, than the next guy, and I believe they will come out (on the 3DS, come on lets be realistic here people) but I'm confused to as they what may contain, to make it more cannon to this "timeline".

Some people are saying that they would like to see "Sequels" to these games, or in other words, I'm guessing, games set in Hoenn, but not the "copy and paste" remake thing, I for one would love that, and saying something is "unlikely" for a game coming from GF is irreverent within its self now.

Well
1. Emerald didn't have that much change story wise from RS. You got to fight both teams and got ryquza before the eliet four big whoop.

2. Gen 3s story as a whole was boring compared to gen 5. So there gonna have to spice it up

3. Remakes take priority over the original in cannon so if the remakes come out throw out Gen 3 games.

4. If the remakes come out in 2013 there gonna come out for the DS. I've tried being nice but in all Seriousness there gonna finish the last main games on the same system they started the gen. People say the DS is a dead system , what they mean to say is 1) no ones buying them as much anymore(that's because so many people have them. and 2) not many other games are coming out for them.
My response is so ? The lack of other DS games doesn't mean a pokemon game won't sell. And a pokemon game well sell better on the DS than the 3ds. I believe the term dead system is a fan used term and not a company used term. I could be wrong tho
Besides the promoting of the 3ds can start with gen 6 in 2014. Of course I could be wrong and will gladly admit it if i am

Years
While the games don't have a pattern, they always leave little hints in the game, sometimes even the anime, to whats coming next, simply because they like to like us suffer (lol)

Remember that HeartGold/SoulSilver implemented some features from Crystal such as Eusine appearing.

I could see Game Freak implementing features originally in Emerald into a pair of Ruby/Sapphire remakes, such as the Battle Frontier (like how HeartGold/SoulSilver shared a Battle Frontier with Platinum).

And I'm a little puzzled if they should be on the 3DS or not, since it's still Generation 5 so they should do a little DS farewell with R/S remakes and then let Generation 6 get a 3DS release.

As for "sequels" to the games, in a B2/W2-style fashion, I'd see it pretty unlikely.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
Remember that HeartGold/SoulSilver implemented some features from Crystal such as Eusine appearing.

I could see Game Freak implementing features originally in Emerald into a pair of Ruby/Sapphire remakes, such as the Battle Frontier (like how HeartGold/SoulSilver shared a Battle Frontier with Platinum).

And I'm a little puzzled if they should be on the 3DS or not, since it's still Generation 5 so they should do a little DS farewell with R/S remakes and then let Generation 6 get a 3DS release.

As for "sequels" to the games, in a B2/W2-style fashion, I'd see it pretty unlikely.
Not in a B/W2 fashion, It was my fault for not explaining properly, so I apologize

Before I move on to that, I'll comment on the Crystal and HG/SS thing:

HG/SS DID have Crystal features, yes, BUT, it didn't change much in story, while Emerald changed their story drastically from R/S, including both teams and putting Rayquaza into the story.

Now to what I need to elaborate on:

I would rather see a remake of Emerald, just putting some landscapes and aesthetic differences in the two games, essentially making R/S remakes with emeralds story, maybe making wally an actual rival, considering the fact that we barely battled him in the first place.

So what I'm basically saying is I don't want a copy and paste game, I want a game staying true to the premise of R/S/E but "spicing" it up a little, if you know what I mean.

Like I said above, Emerald felt more like "canon" to me than R/S did.

Well
1. Emerald didn't have that much change story wise from RS. You got to fight both teams and got ryquza before the eliet four big whoop.

2. Gen 3s story as a whole was boring compared to gen 5. So there gonna have to spice it up

3. Remakes take priority over the original in cannon so if the remakes come out throw out Gen 3 games.

4. If the remakes come out in 2013 there gonna come out for the DS. I've tried being nice but in all Seriousness there gonna finish the last main games on the same system they started the gen. People say the DS is a dead system , what they mean to say is 1) no ones buying them as much anymore(that's because so many people have them. and 2) not many other games are coming out for them.
My response is so ? The lack of other DS games doesn't mean a pokemon game won't sell. And a pokemon game well sell better on the DS than the 3ds. I believe the term dead system is a fan used term and not a company used term. I could be wrong tho
Besides the promoting of the 3ds can start with gen 6 in 2014. Of course I could be wrong and will gladly admit it if i am

Emerald changed a lot story wise, fighting two teams is a pretty big deal, especially when it comes to making remakes, deciding weather to fight one or two teams, and weather it comes out on the DS or the 3DS doesn't matter to me really, I own a DSi and I will be getting a 3DS more than likely for Christmas, if I don't i'll simply buy it my self.

now back on topic:

Has anybody found any hints or tips relating to R/S/E remakes? I'm liking the fact that the Go-Go-Goggles backpacker and the ex Team Aqua/Magma grunt, just wondering if you guys found anything that you like to share!

Also, what do you think of the Team A/M grunt? Does it mean something?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The A/M grunts took the place of the speech impediment Rocket from G/S/C/HG/SS, so they are more an Easter Egg than a hint. They also point out that the events of B2W2 are way after R/S/E as they say they were part of their respective groups "many" years ago.

Other than that, there aren't many actual hints other than Easter Eggs that have been discussed in both this thread and the old thread.

Emerald also didn't change the story of R/S. It was the same story, only small parts were edited to fit in both teams for battle as well as their plots. Only "Major" change was Magma's hideout. Both teams were in both original games and were fighting against one another. Only difference with Emerald is you weren't unofficially siding with one team who was trying to stop the other. You ended up facing off against both at once.

Rayquaza's was a nice small addition that can be added like the Crystal addition without forcing you to go through his tower as I've stated before. You can have the basic Ruby/Sapphire plot with one team (this is so you don't get 2 Emerald remakes cause the remakes do the two main titles and not the Director's Special Third Version), while the other team wakes their's up behind the scene. When you get to Sootopolis you witness the fight and then Rayquaza appears to stop them. The Mascot retreats to Cave of Origin (Or what ever its name was) while the opposite disappears.

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I hope they announce it soon. Ive already finished white 2.
My question to you guys lets say the remakes were to come out on the 3ds, now we know the the 3ds game card can hold 1-8 gigs of info compared to 8-512 mb, so my question is would you like to see the majority of the space spent on graphics ( such as the 3d effects , enhanced sprites ) or on content ( multiple regions , bigger maps, downloadable content for futher game story)with only slightly enhanced graphics
I've finished my white 2 and it only took me hours. Know I've completed white tree hollow and all of my pokemon on my team is very close to level 100 so my play through is pretty much over with them. I would like a leveling system close to games like world of Warcraft where you can't get to level 50 as easily as you can in a pokemon game. Or maybe they can just increase the level cap. Basically what I'm saying is I want a much longer story.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I hope they announce it soon. Ive already finished white 2.
My question to you guys lets say the remakes were to come out on the 3ds, now we know the the 3ds game card can hold 1-8 gigs of info compared to 8-512 mb, so my question is would you like to see the majority of the space spent on graphics ( such as the 3d effects , enhanced sprites ) or on content ( multiple regions , bigger maps, downloadable content for futher game story)with only slightly enhanced graphics
I've finished my white 2 and it only took me hours. Know I've completed white tree hollow and all of my pokemon on my team is very close to level 100 so my play through is pretty much over with them. I would like a leveling system close to games like world of Warcraft where you can't get to level 50 as easily as you can in a pokemon game. Or maybe they can just increase the level cap. Basically what I'm saying is I want a much longer story.

Eh I dont think you're the prime example if it was so quick. I'm at 42hours challenge mode, and have yet to go south of Striaton City, visit the Twist mountain and explore the Clay tunnel, catch 8 more legends, and even start with the black tower or PWT, with 5 pokes @ 70... but of course Im not a prime example either since I scavenge every corner with the dowsing machine, fight every single trainer, make sure everything has useful natures, do every subquest possible etc lol.. not to mention there is also the gimmicky places like musical and pokestar, ranking up the join avenue beating the league another time......sry I mean this game is filled with so much content I really cant see how you are done with it too fast o.o

The next game will probably not have more content than these two, whatever they may be.
But yeah, I cant wait for news. Probably not soon as BW2 just hit international releases :S
Perhaps towards February (also the time when there should be some surprise reveal for the next movie, which might give us a hint about whats coming.)

Frankly I don't care what the space is used for, and I don't think they start with that either. The graphics should get any improvements gamefreak sees fit nicely that work, and content-wise its surely much more complex than simply deciding how much there will be without having contemplated first even the basic stuff like plot-peak, how many casual new species, whether the gym system stays the same, what the region should look and feel like... when they get a half-clear picture of the plan, then they probably get around thinking how much additional stuff like battle facilities/postgame quests is needed for it to feel complete..
Unless it was RS remakes, then its a bit clearer already of course, but still pretty much depends on whether theyre a remake, a reboot, a sequel or whatever approach.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
The time difference between Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon D/P were two years, more or less, during that time, we all (should) know that Pokemon decreased in popularity during Gen 3 because no games were released in those years, the reason for this (at least I think) is because of the Console switch, they had to make a game on a whole new system, thus taking longer than usual.

I think that BW2 were place holder games, something for the fans to enjoy, while they worked on R/S/E Remakes (or whatever) on the 3DS.

Ken Sugimori usually works on the big Pokemon games, but he didn't work on BW2, which is strange to me, he was obviously working on some other project thats bigger than this.

What supports my thought is that Ken was the Graphic Designer for the 4th and currently the 5th Gen Pokemon games, all but BW2 of course, and is maybe working with 3DS.

What do you think? Of course this is flawed in many ways, for all we know he could have had family trouble (god forbid) and sat this one out, but I some how have a feeling I'm right.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Sugimori only draws concept/finished work, he doesn't directly work on the games. There weren't any new Pokemon to be designed this course other than Keldeo, the new Therian forms and Kyurem's Black and White forms.

I haven't seen anywhere that said Sugimori didn't draw Rosa, Nate, Colress, or any of the new forms.

Sugimori also doesn't do Box work for the remakes either from what I remember. So he wouldn't be involved with remakes either.

Remakes would also be place holders between main game titles. Gen 5 has two main game titles unlike past generations which had Special Versions.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
Sugimori only draws concept/finished work, he doesn't directly work on the games. There weren't any new Pokemon to be designed this course other than Keldeo, the new Therian forms and Kyurem's Black and White forms.

I haven't seen anywhere that said Sugimori didn't draw Rosa, Nate, Colress, or any of the new forms.

Sugimori also doesn't do Box work for the remakes either from what I remember. So he wouldn't be involved with remakes either.

Remakes would also be place holders between main game titles. Gen 5 has two main game titles unlike past generations which had Special Versions.

Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ken_Sugimori

They have Design and Graphics separated, and the latest game he worked on was BW1, he designed the pokemon, but not the Characters

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They have him as Supervisor and Wikipedia said he was in charge of a team of 17 people who were designing the characters only. All Sugimori did was the final official arts for B/W, and again he was never involved with the actual games outside of drawing the official art for Pokemon and the box art for the main ones. They credit Mana Ibe is all of the games because she works for Gamefreak, but she doesn't directly work on any of the games either.

That was why everyone discredited her statement in the old interview where she said that they were done with the Black and White Installment of the games. Which turned out to be true.

As far as I know Bulbapedia hasn't updated all their info yet.

Trying to beat the game so I can see if his name appears in the credits or not...

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
If they do announce this year or early next I think the release date will be a little after the American release date of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth
They kinda did the same thing in that pokemon BW2 was released a couple of days after the American release of pokemon conquest. Now I'm not saying this is some sort of pattern I'm just taking a guess here.
Also anyone think that localization time will be cut down for future gens?
Heck if its a remake we are getting I think the localization should be even shorter than it was for BW2 I'm Hoping for no more than a month

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
If they do announce this year or early next I think the release date will be a little after the American release date of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth
They kinda did the same thing in that pokemon BW2 was released a couple of days after the American release of pokemon conquest. Now I'm not saying this is some sort of pattern I'm just taking a guess here.
Also anyone think that localization time will be cut down for future gens?
Heck if its a remake we are getting I think the localization should be even shorter than it was for BW2 I'm Hoping for no more than a month

Agreed, I do hope that the localization time is cut down for future games, I hope TCPi makes this a habit.

I'm sticking to my guns for a February announcement though, so, of course, depending on how things turn out with the Mystery Dungeon game we might see one not to long after.

blue

gucci
Years
Hopefully this will occur for future releases and we won't have to wait seven months just for a localisation.
On another note, now that B2W2 has been released pretty much everywhere I think people will be more adamant on RS remakes now, unless the next game to be released is Gen VI which I highly doubt since it wont have even been a year since B2W2 assuming it is released next year then surely it's going to be a mainstream game? B2W2 was an expansion on Black & White but it wasn't a full blown out project which took a long time to make, it may have taken longer than the typical third game but in comparison to the likes of Black and White and remakes, I'm sure it took a much shorter time to develop. What I'm trying to say is that after PMD4 has been released, that wil be the spin-off and the "not so mainstream" games out of the way by the beginning of 2013, leaving room for one final main project before the release of the next generation which I'll assume will be released in 2014. This could only leave me with one option which is a Ruby & Sapphire remake, there is nothing more suited to the time frame and release pattern than this game and unless they come up with a totally new mainstream game which is highly unlikely given the circumstances, I think we'll be hearing about Ruby & Sapphire remakes by Spring 2013 .. that's just my theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back