• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke'Mon Game for RM2k(Looking for a team!)

AnimatedSora

...Following the Light...
Years
If anyone out there wants to help me with my rm2k game just reply to this board.Remember to include all your Rm2k skills ans such.If you have any resources just post them here also....

Charizard Master 2003

Pokemon Master
Years
AnimatedSora said:
If anyone out there wants to help me with my rm2k game just reply to this board.Remember to include all your Rm2k skills ans such.If you have any resources just post them here also....

I haven't been using it very long, but I would love to help you! :)

Tentachu

Movie Making Expert
Years
I am rapidly improving on using RM2K and can do the following:

Input Pok?mon into Battle Mode
Map Designing (Can resemble Pallet Town)

Screenshot of my Pallet Town:
PalletTown.png

I'd love to help!

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
so does that mean someone got through the hardcoded battle system of RM2K and changed it Pokemon Style? If that is the truth i'll love to listen to a tutorial from you Tentachu ^_^

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 27, 2009
so many people start these games and very few even get started b4 they quit, would like to see where this goes...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Nope. If and admin makes a subsidary to Other Games for RP2K, you can bet we'll move all of the projects there.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jun 24, 2010
PKMN Trainer Brendan said:
heres my pallet town i made.
:cheeky:
edit: this is only a portion because i couldent get it all.

Not everybody uses your computer to check these forums, PKMN Trainer Brendan.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
i would say this is Other Games. RM2K is GAME to help you MAKE the GAMES.

It's still a game in the end... move them to Other Games please. So Vito can you please do that asap?

Yes i'll say only 5% of started projects get finished in this world. Later after the first 2 towns people will get bored and quit. Or when they get to the battle calculations like me... calculating a fair and balanced calculations is hideous and difficult. Even if i set up like 13 formulas on excel to help me, it's still hard to balance things out. it's always either monsters being too strong or the heroes being OHKO every single enemy. Or the spells doing almost set damage regardless of your defense being 5 or 300.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Haruka said:
Time to hit the books about HP, Speed, Attack, Defence, Specal ATK. and DEF. and damage.

Also read about EV and IV. It can be useful/.

doesn't matter... the hardcoded part of RM2K will destroy every single equations and EV distribution related to Pokemon... so that's why RM2K is not a good choice for a Pokemon game.

Best pokemon game making material: hack one

Tentachu

Movie Making Expert
Years
Vito Winstrate said:
The RM2K threads DON'T belong here. This is a ROMs forum, not an RPG forum. But this won't be moved yet.

Yes, they do! It is to do with Pok?mon hacking mostly, this section, and you have to HACK into RM2K to get the chipsets and characters, don't you?

This thread has a **** good home!

frostweaver said:
i would say this is Other Games. RM2K is GAME to help you MAKE the GAMES.

It's still a game in the end... move them to Other Games please. So Vito can you please do that asap?

Yes i'll say only 5% of started projects get finished in this world. Later after the first 2 towns people will get bored and quit. Or when they get to the battle calculations like me... calculating a fair and balanced calculations is hideous and difficult. Even if i set up like 13 formulas on excel to help me, it's still hard to balance things out. it's always either monsters being too strong or the heroes being OHKO every single enemy. Or the spells doing almost set damage regardless of your defense being 5 or 300.

PS It is pok?mon related game, so it STAYS HERE!

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Tentachu said:
Yes, they do! It is to do with Pok?mon hacking mostly, this section, and you have to HACK into RM2K to get the chipsets and characters, don't you?

This thread has a **** good home!

PS It is pok?mon related game, so it STAYS HERE!

no it's not hacking into rm2k. RM2K offers you those ability to get RTP files. Hacking RM2K would be like screwing around with its terrible magic damage calculations and etc.

Feel free to post finished products here. But if it's asking for help, resources for RM2K regardless of whatever the resultant is, Other Games please.

BTW, you still have a lot of work to do in terms of smoothing out edge on houses. Combine powers of both map layers to build a house, not only with the bottom layer. Also, using rocks as fenses is a very poor idea. It hurts the eyes. Use the actual fense, water, cliffs or trees. If you're using cliffs watch out for the corners. They can be very tricky to make at times when the chipset maker forgot to add in the "cornering edges" for a cliff (all Pokemon chipsets lack this... so watch out)

Put some doodads into your map to make the map more interesting and less empty. Flowers, soil patches, change of color in terms of grass and trees would really help out.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
Years
This is way off topic, but I'd just like to say... Tentachu, I love your avatar!

*Gets on topic*

Oh & yeah, you should do that with the program thingy or whatever...

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2004
Hammy here!

Yo, I found this thread while searching on google, I'm a wiz with the rm2k, I thought I would drop in too see if you needed my help, I can make you a catch system for pokemon, custom battle system like pokemons (however pokemon you want to battle at once), pc type thing like bills pc, a stat system, and anything else I can put together with rm2k!

Back