• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Idea's For a new hack

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
Make a Mystery Dungeon game. And make a good one, don't make it look like Blue Rescue Team.

Jeesh

I just wanna hack Emerald.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 23, 2020
I want to see a ROM hack of the Pokemon TCG games, like adding the new expansions and stuff. I've always been open to doing that

Aryan 10

Battle Legend
Years
You can make a anime-based game
that follows Ash's storyline in the Hoenn Region
You can hack Emerald for this...... Emerald have really great features

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
If we're answring this now, here's a quite good guide on coming up with Fakemon ideas:

https://oripoke.wordpress.com/2014/10/06/designing-fakemon-part-1/

This isn't as good but covers basic ROm ideas:

http://pkmnromhacking.proboards.com/thread/111

Some o those ideas aren't typical for the series, they sound more like an MMO.

Here's a great guide kind of like the first on drafting map ideas and ways of geting interesting effects with them:

http://pokeromhacks.freeforums.net/thread/24/mapping-location-map

Good luck!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
heres the best hack you could possibly make, obviously be hard to do but have your trainer be weak in general (level limits like pokemon reborn). and you have a partner with you....and it could be any npc trainer class, you meet them or help them or vise versa and become friends...and they all have a stradegy to use.. say bug catcher uses caperpie , weedle and venonat.....and they concentrate on lowering speed of opponents yada yada... then. so you need certin trainers to get to certin areas...need a hiker to get through moutains, a sailor to get on ss anne, a thief to get into a building to get an important itam...and you can level up your npcs!!! let them have three tiers where in each tier they either evolve pokemon or learn better moves... obviously this is a vague idea....but imagine all the double battles and being dependent on your parteners stradegy or you enhancing there stradegy .... you could possibly have lance, or giovonni being your partner, however it goes...and if you want someone to join you again, just go back to where there at. pokemon double version lol

Infinitum

Years
Why did you give BRT as an example when the second Ruby Destiny would fit a lot better? It's riddled with graphical clashes and very insane challenges and it's an actual hack. :v

Because Rescue Rangers was a very good game, if not one of the best ROM hacks of all time.

Kabocha❤

Feeling sleepy...
Years
Because Rescue Rangers was a very good game, if not one of the best ROM hacks of all time.

This is like a million ages old, but.
RR is riddled with bad design choices and questionable execution. It's not awful, but it's definitely nothing impressive outside of the premise, setting and story, although I haven't played enough of it to see the story unfold.

Infinitum

Years
This is like a million ages old, but.
RR is riddled with bad design choices and questionable execution. It's not awful, but it's definitely nothing impressive outside of the premise, setting and story, although I haven't played enough of it to see the story unfold.

I think that Rescue Rangers is actually brilliant, especially if you see how well it aged.

Back