Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

TrollandToad.com

Old August 22nd, 2017 (3:22 PM).

Nature: Serious
    Hello everyone, i wish to change the shiny palettes of all our favorite Pokemon, but i want YOUR feedback to make sure that you approve of the Pokemon whose palette i want to change, as well as the colors that i want to change them into.

that being said, i wish to start with the Gen 1 Starters, the Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur lines...

personally, i absolutely LOVE Charizard's Shiny Palette and i imagine you do as well, who doesnt love a Black Dragon?

if i did change it, it would be to give it a red belly, so the fire type is still well represented... what do you think?

as for Charmander and Charmeleon, they get an odd yellow hue for a shiny pallete, what is up with THAT? XD

so i wish to give them a similar black palette, as to match Charizard's color scheme.

as for Bulbasaur's line, i think it's... ok... but the yellow flower could use a swap out, green and yellow are used in Shinies WAY too much, i think we can spice it up, dont you?

finally let's discuss Squirtle's line, it goes from light blue for Squirtle to a shade of Purple... yuck! i believe that instead the line should receive a darker blue palette, not quite black, but more navy blue.

i think this is an awesome starting point for changing palettes, so leave me your feedback and i will add to my list, which Pokemon will get color swapped.

oh and by all means leave your own suggestions down below, as i am not just doing this for my fan game in the future, but i will be sharing the new palettes here via open resource on both RC and PokeCommunity.

Relevant Advertising!

Old August 22nd, 2017 (6:22 PM).

I believe something like this would go in the Art Studio section.
      Old August 23rd, 2017 (2:53 PM).

Nature: Serious
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by GT-Baka View Post
        I believe something like this would go in the Art Studio section.
        oh? well shoot, my bad... i'll post this there instead, thanks Baka.

to any mods reading this, plz go ahead and close this thread, or delete whatever's best, i need to go put this in it's proper place.

Quick Reply