• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
AdvanceMap is giving errors! I was working with level scripts, inserting and stuff. And when I switched to another map it gave this error. I tried it multiple times on backups, but it keeps repeating! I really don't know what to do. I'm afraid my ROM crashes and I'll lose everything (got it backed up, but obviously it also bugs on backups...) :(
errorwh.png

edit: well, I'm now kind of 'carefully' using Advancemap, (lot of saving and shutting down,) and it doesn't seem to happen anymore... Yet...

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014

what do you mean by decimall?
'Decimal' refers to the Decimal Number System; The number system we use in our daily lives. It has base 10, namely consisting of digits from 0-9.
Whereas, The Hexadecimal Number System has base 16. The digits used are 0-9 and A-F.

As for SMCA, I think you can get the Map Bank and Number data from Advance Map.

Years
In FireRed, the maps for the Pokémon Centre are all linked; if you edit one map of a Pokémon Centre, the rest change along with it. My question is, how would I do this with another set of maps?

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011

you have to make a script to start something..lol
you should check out diegoisawesome scripting tut on applymovement,its actually easy..xD

Yeah... I know. I know about applymovement, I'm not a total noob.

Anyway I'll just try the different moveset types and see if I can find the right one, if there is one.

Is there a command for XSE to delete a certain event? (A Script Event.) I have a 'step-on-tile' Script Event in my map, but after the event happened, I want it to be gone. Otherwise, everytime the player steps on the tile/script he stops shortly to do the script (checkflag > end etc.).

Isn't checkflag/setflag enough to make an event appear only once?

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x257
if 0x1 goto @done
your script
setflag 0x257
release
end

#org @done
release
end
Btw sorry if this is completely wrong... I'm new and just trying to help whenever I can ^^

Last edited:

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
That's funny. I just tried editing the data at '0xE9F624' and I ended up with this:
Spoiler:

Unless by "Pokémon Logo" you meant the "Ruby Version" text, I'm pretty sure that we are, in fact, referring to the same thing.

My bad, but the palette mentioned didn't change the Pokemon Logo, I had to cycle through the few palettes that followed, so that I could change the Pokemon Logo. The palette you mention is the palette for the titlescreen background, at least for my rom it is.

The RUBY VERSION text is also changed with the palettes following 0xE9F624, for anyone who needs that bit.

But it does work, sorry for doubting. Thanks For The Help!

Years
Isn't checkflag/setflag enough to make an event appear only once?

Btw sorry if this is completely wrong... I'm new and just trying to help whenever I can ^^
Yes, I think that works (I still have to try it though), but that only works if you reload the map. For person events you can use the hidesprite command, but is there something similar for script events? There was this command to reload the map, wasn't there? Maybe that works?

EDIT:
AdvanceMap is giving errors! I was working with level scripts, inserting and stuff. And when I switched to another map it gave this error. I tried it multiple times on backups, but it keeps repeating! I really don't know what to do. I'm afraid my ROM crashes and I'll lose everything (got it backed up, but obviously it also bugs on backups...) :(
errorwh.png

edit: well, I'm now kind of 'carefully' using Advancemap, (lot of saving and shutting down,) and it doesn't seem to happen anymore... Yet...
I'm having this problem again and again! What do I do wrong? I don't think there is a specific action that triggers this... Should I begin on a blank ROM? I can't work further with these errors appearing and breaking the ROM. Please help if you can. :(

Last edited:

pokelj

Mudkip Master
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2018
I put my starters in my hack as BULBASAUR,TOTODILE and TORCHIC.
However TOTODILE and TORCHIC cant evolve can someone help me?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Well, look up the Pokemon in a Pokemon editor (Like YAPE) and check to see if the evolve connections are right.

I have a question myself. I heard somewhere that Pokemon FR uses a level script in the beginning of the game to make the player face upward. Does anyone know what offset the script is in, or how to change it in any way?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
You are hacking FR right?
If I'm right then you must put special for National Dex in order to make non-Kanto evolve.

I have a question myself. I heard somewhere that Pokemon FR uses a level script in the beginning of the game to make the player face upward. Does anyone know what offset the script is in, or how to change it in any way?
Decompile the script a find it yourself =D

Fellest Revolution

I am everywhere and nowhere!
Years
I'm not sure if these questions have been asked [cause there's like 80 pages to this thing] Anyway, feel free to delete this and/or push me in the right direction/comment(s) if they have been asked.

1) Is it possible to have HM's working without the need of the gym leaders? Can I just get rid of the gyms all together, or is there a tool/programme I need to change the HM's outside effects?

2) Can I completely change around the maps? Like, have Littleroot connected to Slateport from the right, or something?

Years
1) Yes, you just need to edit the scripts for Cut Trees, Strength Boulders, etc., and remove the part checking whether or not you've beaten a gym (It will have checkflags and stuff).
2) Yes, but you'll need to edit the map connections.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Okae,i don't noe of this is a simple problem,too simple i guess..lol,
basically heres what happen?see an error,one of the o/w is on the lab,
i put her somewhere else on the map but it reappear there,before this another o/w of mine did the same thing,i delete the person event and add another one,then that o/w did this no more but pass his baton to the other o/w,this gir..hahax.
so how can i fix this.
error.png

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Okae,i don't noe of this is a simple problem,too simple i guess..lol,
basically heres what happen?see an error,one of the o/w is on the lab,
i put her somewhere else on the map but it reappear there,before this another o/w of mine did the same thing,i delete the person event and add another one,then that o/w did this no more but pass his baton to the other o/w,this gir..hahax.
so how can i fix this.
error.png
It's probably some script that's moving the overworld. If you mapped Pallet Town, for example, and you didn't delete any of the original scripts, that girl's supposed to move after a variable.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
It's probably some script that's moving the overworld. If you mapped Pallet Town, for example, and you didn't delete any of the original scripts, that girl's supposed to move after a variable.
actually its a clean map so no o/w,this was just added by me and scripts by me so this doesn't really solve it.

Actually, it's because of some kind of conflict with the person number. Try increasing the value of it's person number? That's normally the cause.
I will try to do it..

edit:Tanx it work

another question,
how do i make the player go to a place after he is defeated before getting to the first pc?
like in fire red it go back to his house,i intended to bring him back to the lab.
Take note my current rom is not using jpan hack.
and also how to change the text when defeated like plaey hurried to the lab..etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back