• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
What about the Pokémon in the professor's speech (I think Nidoran in FRLG, Azurill in RSE)?
I've been trying to figure that out for a while, but I'm not sure if the game uses a separate image, or if the game just specifies which Pokémon number will pop out of the Pokéball.
The Pokemon is easy as well. In Emerald is is one value that you need to edit. In FR and LG there are two pointers that point to the points for Nidoran. Not sure about RS.

SupahNinja

Scripting Ninja
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2011

The Pokemon is easy as well. In Emerald is is one value that you need to edit. In FR and LG there are two pointers that point to the points for Nidoran. Not sure about RS.

Really?
Would you mind sharing the pointers?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Really?
Would you mind sharing the pointers?
I don't have it memorized. I'll add it to PGE eventually.

In Fire Red you search for the location of the pointers of nidoran female. So if the pointer to the image is at 34F424, you search for 24F43408.

Now that I think about it... Look for a tool called Intro Ed. I just never really needed it.

Bilaterus

ToBe Best Spriter ;)
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2012
shinyabsol1 said:
What method are you using to insert the sprites? Try using tools from Wichu's Advanced Series (GBA toolbox) if you aren't already.

Hey how would you find Wichu's Advance Series? (Sorry if this is a really noobish question but...) I searched Pokecommunity and couldn't find it.

Sorry for the trouble!

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Bilaterus said:
Hey how would you find Wichu's Advance Series? (Sorry if this is a really noobish question but...) I searched Pokecommunity and couldn't find it.

Sorry for the trouble!

It's in the Toolbox section. You'll see it. You must not have been searching for it correctly (you don't need to search, anyways. It's near the top of the first page right now).

SupahNinja

Scripting Ninja
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2011

I don't have it memorized. I'll add it to PGE eventually.

In Fire Red you search for the location of the pointers of nidoran female. So if the pointer to the image is at 34F424, you search for 24F43408.

Now that I think about it... Look for a tool called Intro Ed. I just never really needed it.
Hmm...
IntroEd gives me an error.
So I'll try it manually.
However, searching 24F43408 in a hex editor returns no results, so I'm assuming that's for the sake of example (flipping the bytes, appending 08).
So now my question is: How would I figure out the pointer to search for?

Sorry for the trouble!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196143

PKMN Trainer Alison

I'll follow you into the dark.
Years
Does anybody have a good, simple alternative to sappy?
Sappy just will not run on my computer, not even the older versions that apparently work on win7. :/
I just REALLY want to change the music of Firered to the music of Rubys.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
One more quick question, even though Ive asked too many recently :/...
My hack is based on Firered, and I was wondering if it was possible to set up a 4 trainer double battle, similar to the part in Emerald where you fight with Steven against Maxie and Tabitha in the Space Center. If it's not possible, I can work around it, but if it is, there's a certain point in the story where it would really be useful to have that style of battle available. I havent tried to set one up yet, because I'm nowhere near working on that part of the story, Im just wondering if it is, in fact, possible on Firered

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
One more quick question, even though Ive asked too many recently :/...
My hack is based on Firered, and I was wondering if it was possible to set up a 4 trainer double battle, similar to the part in Emerald where you fight with Steven against Maxie and Tabitha in the Space Center. If it's not possible, I can work around it, but if it is, there's a certain point in the story where it would really be useful to have that style of battle available. I havent tried to set one up yet, because I'm nowhere near working on that part of the story, Im just wondering if it is, in fact, possible on Firered

I'm not sure if it's possible at the moment on FR, using tools, but it's definitely possible using ASM.

Kaith

Hacker of Fire
Years
Hey guys, I'm trying to hack a firered rom and am still a bit new to scripting. Can someone point me to a tutorial that works for windows 7? I looked all over but there are so many tutorials. Some of them are good, but the scripter is out of date. The one problem I keep running into is that all my tools are either a newer or older version of the tools they use in the tutorials so I can't follow them. And hours upon hours of searching google has left me with nothing but wasted time.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Hey guys, I'm trying to hack a firered rom and am still a bit new to scripting. Can someone point me to a tutorial that works for windows 7? I looked all over but there are so many tutorials. Some of them are good, but the scripter is out of date. The one problem I keep running into is that all my tools are either a newer or older version of the tools they use in the tutorials so I can't follow them. And hours upon hours of searching google has left me with nothing but wasted time.
1 - Open XSE.
2 - Press F2.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2011
How do you change your character's sprite in FR/LG?

First of all I apologize if this thread is in the wrong area or if it has been answered a thousand times before. I am just a fellow hacker that needs a little information. I am working on a full Fire Red hack right now and I would like to change the character's sprite to a different in-game sprite. My guess would be that this would not involve a script, but the use of a certain program. Any information is highly appreciated.

Thanks

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
Years
So, how do i change the "Pokedex" in the start menu (and other items their).
I've been searching for ages, and can't figure out how to do it...

EDIT: I just sorted it out with A-text.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2016
I have been making my own little ROMhack of Ruby, but I've been encountering a problem that I simply can't find a solution to. When I enter New Mauville and Scorched Slab I instead end up in a totally dark room standing on a patch of grass. The header says I'm in the respective location, but I can't move from the spot I ended up in. I had edited the areas, but I tried to revert New Mauville back to normal, but still nothing. Does anybody know what happened?

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2022
hi, im back agian. with another spriting question.
when i try to resize a d/p sprite to fit into a 64x64 canvas and try to insert it using Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor, the sprite gets all screwd up when i try t insert it. can anyone tell me hw to insert a large sprite into pokemon ruby with out screwing the sprite up?.

SupahNinja

Scripting Ninja
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2011
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2022
uummmm, i wanted to know how to get lets say zekrom to fit in a 64x64 pallete without screwing the sprite up. not adding or edititng trainers, but i will need that later so thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back