D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!

Male
Lusolandia
Seen June 21st, 2018
Posted March 6th, 2015
577 posts
10.3 Years
I'm not interested in providing a running commentary on every little thing I've tweaked (funnily enough, I've got enough to think about already), but if someone else wants to compile a per-line change list, go right ahead. Said list can go on the wiki.

I would say the best way to go about updating is not to find what's changed in the latest version and apply it to your game, but to take your own changes and apply them to the latest version. At least then you're putting your own tweaks on top of a working version.
Well, that's true, but I didn't mean an exceptionally explicit report. What I meant was indicating, in addition to what features were changed, which scripts were modified (with no need to pinpoint exactly what line(s) was(ere) edited). Just knowing the script that was changed is very useful for comparison, and it shouldn't be too hard to either add an item to a list every time something is modified, or even adding a comment on the top a modified script indicating the version it was last changed in.

That's also true, but sometimes said changes are simply important to how the game works (such as the correction of that bug regarding the trainer events not disappearing properly. It was an easy fix, but it was just easier to update the script with all the changes done to it) and work best when applied together. I can't think of anything from the top of my head, but for instance, changes to the Pokémon's inner-workings most likely require editing more than just a couple of lines. As you've stated in another topic, it works better that way, and if people have the chance the upgrade, then I think the logical decision would be to do so. We're all using the same base, Essentials, so we may as well use the best version of it.
Advertiser Content