Ruby Pokémon Ruby with Physical/Special Split

Started by Chaos Rush December 11th, 2011 8:30 PM
  • 14 replies
Male
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted August 19th, 2018
1,312 posts
12.5 Years
Thanks to Darthatron who made this post, I was able to find the corresponding bytes in Ruby with some careful searching & comparing & testing.

So anyways:

Flareon did rather high damage for Dodrio being 7 levels ahead...

"BUT WTF? DARK TYPE MOVES ARE SPECIAL!!!1!!11 TAIL WHIP SHOULD HAVE DONE NOTHING!!!" (for the record I did 2 Tail Whips lol)

As you can see, Bite was special in Gen III, so Tail Whip and Dragon Dance would have had no effect on it, but that is no longer the case here, as we now have the physical/special split.

I haven't tested every move, but I assigned each move physical/special/status according to Veekun's movedex. So post any glitches you find, hopefully there aren't any.

Q: "Why is the font different?"
A: Sorry, I can't stand the Ruby/Sapphire font, so a long time ago I made a patch for Ruby, the only thing it does is change the font to the Emerald font. I base all of my Ruby rom hacking stuff on that font patch, hence why my 493 Project also has the Emerald font.

And as of this patch, we now have a physical/special split for Ruby, FireRed, and Emerald, w000! (well there isn't an actual patch for Emerald, but Darthatron already explained how XD)

EDIT: Removed due to a serious glitch it causes to the battle system

Sole developer of STARLIGHT LEGACY intended to be released on Steam.
Discord: https://discord.gg/fTS5Q78

droomph

weeb

Age 22
Male
nowhere spectacular
Seen February 1st, 2017
Posted January 3rd, 2017
4,285 posts
8.2 Years
Q: "Why is the font different?"
A: Sorry, I can't stand the Ruby/Sapphire font, so a long time ago I made a patch for Ruby, the only thing it does is change the font to the Emerald font. I base all of my Ruby rom hacking stuff on that font patch, hence why my 493 Project also has the Emerald font.
Hey I know this is off topic, but where is the offset for the font table? (I want to get rid of any need for Emerald, it's WAAAY too complicated...I only want two things anyways)
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,061 posts
11.8 Years
I can see a lot of people using this and this can come in handy, good job!
Male
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted August 19th, 2018
1,312 posts
12.5 Years
really cool! its my dream to have a hacks with special/phsycical split! is it done on every single move?
Yes, every move has been categorized. I'm also currently working on a patch that has a select 129 extra moves from Gen IV and V.

Lyzak

wishes he had a Hacking Team

Male
Seen January 19th, 2012
Posted December 27th, 2011
33 posts
9.6 Years
Very impressive. I've been looking forward to this for a very, very long time. Here, have an internet (I have a few spare).

"Chaos Rush obtained the Internet!"
*do-do-dle-loo do do do doooo!*

Now all I need are Gen IV Pokemon and my hack will be wonderful...
once I start it...

Incidentally, what are the ramifications of making a IV generation MOVE function in gen III? What must the move do or not do for it to be "compatible?"
Male
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted August 19th, 2018
1,312 posts
12.5 Years
ok i kno u shouldnt patch a rom file more than once, but can i patch this to another hack that im playing like Light Platinum???
Yes and no. My patch does not use any free space (yet). But it includes my unreleased font patch. So, in theory, it would work fine with hacks that have the font unchanged. But with hacks that have the font changed, such as Light Platinum, it would make the font look glitchy, but it shouldn't be hard to fix, as you would just go to the font offset in TileMolester and copy+paste from either my patch (which uses Emerald font) or a clean Ruby rom.

also does this work for the other GBA games, Sapphire Emerald LG & FR???

lastly; r u aware of any hacks currently, or planning on, using this???
1. No
2. No

Archprince

Shadow Dunsparce<3

Male
Ohio, also known as Hillbilly Hell.
Seen October 23rd, 2012
Posted May 29th, 2012
11 posts
7.9 Years
How do I patch Emerald for this... his explanation was very unsatisfying and honestly, quite confusing.
I'm new, I know, but be kind. I've begun production on my first FULL Pokemon Hack, Pokemon: Hate and Will. I hope you will enjoy it. It will be closed beta only, determined by a quiz or however I feel that day. So don't be stupid or whatever.

Thanks to the lad/lass from CC for my Dunsparce.
Advertiser Content