• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Choose You! -The Starter Pokemon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Have you ever ditched your starter at the beginning of a game?
I didn't, because I think it's nice to train with my starter Pokemon.

Sirfetch’d

I didn't, because I think it's nice to train with my starter Pokemon.

I think that this is the common opinion amongst Pokemon fans. I know it is much easier for me to develop an attachment to my starter Pokemon because it is with me from the very beginning so it automatically wins a spot in my heart and is hard to let go.

Anyways, I feel as if this topic doesn't warrant much discussion so I will post a new one. This topic will contain X&Y spoilers so feel free to not answer until after the release of the games. :]

New topic: Which of the newly revealed final starter evolutions is your favorite and why?

Spoiler:

Starry Windy

Years
Which of the newly revealed final starter evolutions is your favorite and why?
I think all of the revealed final starters are nice, but I like Greninja among them all because of its nicer design, looks agile, and it's fitting for ninja theme.

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
Username(nickname): Lauren

Partner(choose a starter from the list): Squirtle
7.png

Answer to current topic: The other two are cool, I'm not the biggest fan of Chesnaught and although fire/psychic type is cool for Delphox, I'm not a fan of it's design. My favourite out of them is Greninja. Might be a little biased because my favourite type is water, haha, but water/dark is so awesome! Especially Greninja's design, too. It looks as if it would be very elegant and speedy, which is probably why I like it so much.

GryphusHUN

Water-type Champion
Years
Username/Nickname:GryphusHUN
Partner: Squirtle
Answer to current topic:Well,well, Delphox is A-MA-ZING, like oh my God this pokemon is going to wreck everybody! Greninja is pretty well done I think that the Water/Dark typing is preeeetty cool. Chesnaught is great too I think that he/she is the best of the starters

Years
Username: Headphonix
Partner: Snivy
Current Topic: To be honest i didn't like the 6th gen starters evolutions, maybe because i loved the 5th gen starters and expected too much from this new gen. But my favorite is Greninja.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Out of the three, my most favorite would have to be Chesnaught. It's got a huge-looking body, and the spikes on its back make it look pretty intimidating! Also, every time I take a look onto its face, I always see self-confidence, which is a nice touch. I currently have a Chesnaught on team in Pokémon Y, and with the help of it, I've been able to win a ton of online battles. Its Defense stat are gargantuan, which allows it to endure a bunch of physical attacks and stall your opponent. Not only that, but it also has a great Attack stat. Thanks to its Attack, it's able to take full advantage of all physical-based moves that it's got in its arsenal. If you utilize Chesnaught the right way, then your opponent will be having a very hard time trying to stop it. d: My second favorite is Greninja. They were planning to make this Pokémon ninja-like, and they've done a great job at it! Plus, it's pretty creative how it has its tongue wrapped around its neck, sort of like a scarf. Battling-wise, Greninja makes a great revenge killer, as it's got a very high Speed stat. Delphox—it's an all right Pokémon, but I'm just not a big fan of its design. If it looked more like a witch rather than a priestess, then it would have been a lot better, in my opinion.

Years
I'll answer two topics so I can catch up. lol so many distractions lately :O

Nope, I'm a trainer who always keeps starters by their side because they are my true partner and the Pokemon you bond with the most on your journey. And I love how strong they are as well.

Greninja baby! I've been on Team Froakie ever since the mid-stage evos were revealed. Plus I love his Dark-type (which is a nice change) and the whole ninja motif to the line. Can't wait to use him when I get my X and Y games!

Sirfetch’d

I have updated the original post with the new members and I will have a new topic for everyone to discuss!

Username(nickname): Lauren

Partner(choose a starter from the list): Squirtle
7.png

Answer to current topic: The other two are cool, I'm not the biggest fan of Chesnaught and although fire/psychic type is cool for Delphox, I'm not a fan of it's design. My favourite out of them is Greninja. Might be a little biased because my favourite type is water, haha, but water/dark is so awesome! Especially Greninja's design, too. It looks as if it would be very elegant and speedy, which is probably why I like it so much.

Welcome to the club! I kinda agree with you about Greninja. While I love Chesnaught a lot, I know that Greninja seems to be the fan favorite and for good reason. It has a great movepool, excellent tying, and one of the best hidden abilities in the game, Protean, which makes every move STAB.

Username/Nickname:GryphusHUN
Partner: Squirtle
Answer to current topic:Well,well, Delphox is A-MA-ZING, like oh my God this pokemon is going to wreck everybody! Greninja is pretty well done I think that the Water/Dark typing is preeeetty cool. Chesnaught is great too I think that he/she is the best of the starters

Welcome to the club as well! I hope you have fun and I look forward to your posts! I agree with you on every aspect. I think Chesnaught is astounding on every level. I used one of my first playthrough and it certainly did not disappoint. He was powerful and helped sweep everyone despite having a hindering nature. While his movepool is a bit weak, I still feel like his design and power more than makes up for that!

Username: Headphonix
Partner: Snivy
Current Topic: To be honest i didn't like the 6th gen starters evolutions, maybe because i loved the 5th gen starters and expected too much from this new gen. But my favorite is Greninja.

Snivy is a great partner! He is so sneaky and snarky, but I love it. What about the 5th gen starters stood out to you that made them so great?

Anyways, onward with a new topic!

For those of you who played X&Y or are playing it, which Kanto starter did you choose and were you impressed with it's mega evolution?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 6, 2013
Username: Isoto

Partner: Charmander (I like the other starters, but there is something magical about your first ever Pokemon that reminds you of your childhood :) )

Current topic: Charmander was my starter. Everytime I play through a new Gen I always go with the fire starter. Now as far as the Mega evolution, I have yet to make it to that point but from what I've seen so far, it shouldn't dissapoint.

EDIT: I need to work on my reading skills :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Username: KagamiChan
Partner: Chikorita
Current topic:
Unfortunately, I am unable to play X/Y so I really don't know what to answer here xD
I'd probably choose Bulbasaur or Charmander if I played the games. It would most likely depend on my mood at the time xD

Years
which Kanto Starter did you choose and were you impressed with it's mega evolution?
Charmander, and yes! I love my Mega Charizard Y. I like Charizard X as well but... That "mustache"... >.> Charizard Y sprite it's way better than the other.

Sirfetch’d

Welcome to the club guys! Both of you picked partner Pokemon that I adore so much <3 I especially love to see people pick Chikorita because it is such an under-appreciated starter and never gets the love that it deserves.

As for me in regards to the current topic, I chose Charmander because I wanted to use Mega Charizard X. I can say that I was very impressed with this choice and I would definitely do it again. It is such a powerful Mega Evolution that simply destroyed everything in battle. Between it and Mega Blaziken I was very happy in terms of my starter Pokemon. I was kinda disappointed that not all Hoenn Pokemon got a mega evolution though. Did you guys have a starter that you thought should have gotten one but didn't?

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
Years
Username(nickname): Florges (Nikki)
Partner(choose a starter from the list): Fennekin (Esme)
Answer to current topic: I chose Squirtle, who is my favorite in Gen I. I didn't really care for it's mega evolution, nor do I care for megas in general. Did he same my butt at times? Yes, but at the same time I didn't really care for it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024

I only ever did it when I played challenges that didn't allow my starter to be used >.<
Like a bug monotype or a normal monotype xD

I especially love to see people pick Chikorita because it is such an under-appreciated starter and never gets the love that it deserves.

I know Q.Q
The only time I ever EV trained a team, in SoulSilver, my Meganium (Chibi) was incredibly awesome <3 She was bulky enough to set up Reflect and Light Screen and well, a lot of times she'd just go through entire trainer battles without switching out. She made a decent dual-screener and well, she also learns my favorite grass-type move, Petal Dance *-*
I mean, sure, grass types got tons of weaknesses, but Chikorita's line is too awesome not to be used <3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 6, 2013
I personally would have loved to see Torterra with a mega evolution. I loved how as he evolved the scenery on his back got more elaborate and would have loved to see what they would have done with it if he went Mega.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
Username Viniciojr12
Partner oshawott
Currently topic I like all 3 starters but my fave is Froakie because of his evolution is just too badass. I love greninja because of his unique water and dark typing. chesnaught is alright. delphox is great too.

I'm glad to be here

Starry Windy

Years
For those of you who played X&Y or are playing it, which Kanto Starter did you choose and were you impressed with it's mega evolution?
I choose Bulbasaur, and man, I'm impressed with how Mega Venusaur looks, despite of getting minor change, also because I heard its Mega ability can make it resist to some certain move types that I find it handy.

Years
For those of you who played X&Y or are playing it, which Kanto Starter did you choose and were you impressed with it's mega evolution?

I picked Charmander, and even though I never loved Charizard a lot in the past I was happy I picked it because Mega Charizard X saved my life in a lot of battles plus his ability is really good because it makes his physical attacks hit even harder. Given my Kalos starter was Froakie, it made good synergy as well, since Charizard was able to cover most stuff my Greninja struggled with and vice versa.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Username: Avishka
Partner: Charmander <33

I would choose either charmander or bulbasaur mostly bcuz of their design ...i don't have X/Y yet D:

aand Thick Fat...that's a weird name for ability :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back