• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

I hated Vampire Knight so why should I bother with any other shoujo. Yup, I've heard logic like that far too often. It really is a shame that people think like that as the shoujo market has some real gold. Utena, Rose of Versailles, Oneesama e... and Cardcaptor Sakura are a few of my favourites and I know a lot of anime fans will never see them.

It's of course the same with Shounen. They're all mindless wastelands of filler, right? THE HORROR!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Exactly, and the worst part about it is that it's so hard to convince them otherwise. It's the main reason why I'm so gungho against closed mindedness in society, which is pretty prominent in contemporary society. People are just to scared and unwilling to jump into something new or something that will "make them less of a man/woman", and that's sad.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

People that think like that are very hard to convince otherwise, I've found. I guess people have their comfort zones and we have to respect that.

Also I have officially hit 3000+ posts in this thread alone. Quite an achievement.

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

It's when you see that you have over three and a half thousand posts in one thread when you realise how much time you pour into this place.

How many posts I have in OT itself, I dare not find out.

Drekavac

Screamer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Hell
  • Seen Dec 10, 2016
I really hate when people judge a book by its cover. And I hate it when people don't give stuff that actually deserves recognition its due importance. But that's just how the world rolls. Can't do anything about it, I suppose.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

I agree completely, but how are people supposed to know what everything is like beyond the "cover"? Unfortunately it's not possible to give everything a fair chance. :/
As you said, there's not much to be done about it.

Drekavac

Screamer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Hell
  • Seen Dec 10, 2016
Yep, not really possible for everyone to judge stuff by experiencing it - as is the case with you, Pokey. Limited time + virtually unlimited stuff that can be experienced = not everything getting a fair chance. But I was mostly referring to people who hate things just for the sake of hating - riding on the hate parade for no reason at all besides the fact that it is the 'in' thing. Or are just biased because certain things belong to certain genre and whatnot.

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years

Yeah. It should be named - The Law of Humans as Sheep. Kinda similar to the law of natural selection and stuff, lmao. :p

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I dunno, I could see an "open-minded society" working, one where there is no such thing as a niche and if someone doesn't like something then it would be for genuine reason rather than prejudice.

...However, I think the reason that such a society sounds so absurd is because we live in a society that is so dependent on niche and and prejudice; it's in everything we do. I think of it like I think of 1984 (if any of you have read it); the people in the book, save for a few, do not feel that they are being oppressed because, for the most part, that is all they no of what society is supposed to be. They don't know life is like without Big Brother, or without Telescreens, and without the thought police. They would probably say that our world is the absurd one, because we would seem crazy and too unrestricted by comparison. That's really us and how we look at a completely, or mostly open minded society.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

As we as a species are now, I don't think a "true" open-minded society can exist.
Even from such a lifestyle, a human being will always have biases and prejudice (against non-open mindedness, possibly).

They can be questioned though, and in most cases they definitely should. I'm all for a world that is as rational and open-minded as possible. :)

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017

I haven't been here for a while... WHOOPS I forgot I posted yesterday lol. Time sure flies, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back