• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen May CoroCoro! Four New Pokémon Revealed!!

Which Pokemon do you like the best?

• Elikiteru

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • Gogoat

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • Yayakoma

Votes: 20 16.4%
  • Yamchan

Votes: 48 39.3%

• Total voters

Guy

just a guy
Years

Thread Announcement

So to avoid this thread from becoming the next X and Y General Chat and Speculation thread, I've did a little work to help narrow the discussion here, but certainly not hinder it in any way. So to keep this short and to the point, I'll just bullet point each announcement:

- You may use this thread to discuss all of your thoughts, opinions, and ideas on the four new Pokémon revealed in this month's CoroCoro only (a la how last month's CoroCoro thread is dedicated to Mewtwo's new form).

- If you wish to talk about the new PokéDex, then you can use the thread "The New PokéDex."

- If you want to discuss the region map, then there is the thread "A New Land, the Karos Region" and if you want to speculate or discuss its name there's the "Region Name Speculation v.2" thread available.

- All discussion of the protagonists can be taken over in the "The Protagonists" thread.

- Want to chat about the new feature of possibly riding Pokémon and means of transportation, well, you can do so in "brb riding my torchic."

- Character Customization can be taken in the "Player Customization" thread now that it's officially a thing!

- If you want to share your opinions on the box art covers, then there's a thread for that too titled, "BOX ART!"

- There's also a new thread to discuss the possibility of moving diagonally from one of the screenshots in CoroCoro here.

- Any other discussion about what's in this month's new issue of CoroCoro can be taken in the X/Y General Chat and Speculation sticky OR you may create a new thread if you think what you find or think is enough to warrant its own thread.

Phew! That's about it. Gonna go update the first post and Index now. HAPPY POSTING.

blue

gucci
Years
A phoenix would be pretty nice, i like the Flying/Fire combo

Moltres resembles a Phoenix and is both Flying/Fire so I'd say that's pretty much covered. Oh and ONM are also claiming that we'll get more news from CoroCoro next month Here.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Gogoat, Fletchling, Helioptile, and Panchum all confirmed as the English names.

I like them all. So easy to remember and simple.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Fletchling definitely appears to evolve into a Fire/Flying type since it was using a Fire type attack. It'd definitely be awesome to have another Pokémon with that typing outside of Moltres. I'm very excited for that and Panchum the most, Helioptile is kind of meh to me and Gogoat just has the riding gimmick going on for it.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I wish the poll allowed us to vote for more Pokemon, so that I could vote for both Fletchling and Gogoat.

I also like Pancham, but I'm not fond of Helioptile. Hopefully I won't grow to hate it.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Only the names were true so far.

The Fairy Type rumor has still been debunked since Sylveon is strong against Ice and none of the Fairy type rumors ever listed Ice.

Yeah. But the guy leaked the English names as soon as the pokemons were leaked through Coro Coro. Also, he told WPM about Parabolic charge back in february along with other stuff.
He probably didn't remember the type efectiveness and made a mistake.
Although it's still a rumour, it's very likely that 'most' of the things he said are true.
We'll have to wait it out, i guess.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yeah. But the guy leaked the English names as soon as the pokemons were leaked through Coro Coro. Also, he told WPM about Parabolic charge back in february along with other stuff.
He probably didn't remember the type efectiveness and made a mistake.
Although it's still a rumour, it's very likely that 'most' of the things he said are true.
We'll have to wait it out, i guess.

I don't think he made any mistakes. He's getting a 50:50 rating on what info is coming out. Most of what he said so far isn't true. He's been right on a few things which a lot of people have been. Slipping in false info just because you get lucky is pretty common.

Reading up on the new attacks. Parting Shot is mean.

Parting Shot is a new move that Pancham can learn. The user lowers the target's Attack and Special Attack, then switches itself out for another Pokémon in the party.

Lower stats and run away. New hit and run attacks D=<

Helioptile can learn the new Parabolic Charge move, which heals the user for half the damage it deals to enemies.

Electric type Absorb O=

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I severely doubt Smash would make an error that large in regards to something as big as a new type. The rumors are just debunked at this point honestly.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Hey guys, let's keep thinks about the four new Pokémon. There are other threads to talk about Sylveon, it's type, Smash, and the rumored Fairy-type.

I also like Pancham, but I'm not fond of Helioptile. Hopefully I won't grow to hate it.
Hopefully, you'll only grow to like it. I'm hoping it'll have an evolution that's pretty sweet. Something like a Komodo Dragon. Or going off how it opens its ears in battles, then maybe something like the dilophosaurus in Jurassic park, the ones with the frill necks.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Helioprile is based on a generator and renewable energy it seems, looking like a turbine (imagine looking at it from the top, it's ears look like blades) and absorbing solar energy. Speaking Solar it may have Solar Power as it's ability...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
the american name of the new pokemon has been announced
gogoat stay the same
elikiteru will be called helioptile
yayakoma name will be fletchling
and yancham new name is panchum

Gogoat, Fletchling, Helioptile, and Panchum all confirmed as the English names.

I like them all. So easy to remember and simple.

PanchAm

Hey guys, let's keep thinks about the four new Pokémon. There are other threads to talk about Sylveon, it's type, Smash, and the rumored Fairy-type.

Hopefully, you'll only grow to like it. I'm hoping it'll have an evolution that's pretty sweet. Something like a Komodo Dragon. Or going off how it opens its ears in battles, then maybe something like the dilophosaurus in Jurassic park, the ones with the frill necks.

I saw its ears open in the trailer and thought of the frilled lizard thing XD. Kinda cool that its ears can do that.

Helioprile is based on a generator and renewable energy it seems, looking like a turbine (imagine looking at it from the top, it's ears look like blades) and absorbing solar energy. Speaking Solar it may have Solar Power as it's ability...

Its "ears" open up. They opened into three segments in the trailer making a frilled fan looking appendage.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I really like having it as a lizard Pokémon. It provides a lot of possibilities for evolution that Shivi already stated, but I'm gunning for a komodo dragon evolution for sure.

As for the new attacks, I actually like the new type of U-Turn/Volt Switch in Parting Shot. It's a new way to scout, although it kind of seems overpowering. Leaving that much of a dent in the targets stats renders their attacks so weak that switching out is almost mandatory unless you want to do pitiful damage. It'd be fun to play around with for sure, maybe even if it ends up being broken in practice =P

Back