• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Acanthite Version

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 27, 2022
Nice, I´m really eager to play this and would like to help you if I could... the problem is I´m absolutely incompatible with programming stuff xD but when the demo is released I will thoroughly test it =D

Years
I always hated fakemons but after seeing yours i have changed my mind.. Its amazing.I love those fakemons.. I will definitely try this. Good luck

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I wonder if this is still being worked on he hasnt updated it yet.... ? :(

Legendaries

Ginzuishou/Heavy-Metal-Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 2, 2021
When I saw Acanthite is back I was like... OMG! Really?! It was one of the projects I loved, every update used to be a blessing to me. In fact this project inspired me years ago to start my mapping and tile making adventure, to do my best, to make a progress.

When I look at the new Acanthite I am very disappointed. I ask myself "what happened to the project I grew up with?", because the game doesn't look amazing (oh well, the battle system is cool, but that's Essentials). What happened to the perfect maps, all these breathtaking designs I used to stare at? Is it because of the new team who just don't feel the old Acanthite spirit?

You should stick to the FRLG style and make outstanding maps with it, because what I see now is... a regression. I'm sure you guys do your best, but Acanthite is a classic, something that should rather be dead than look this offensive.

Think of it please. I don't mean to be rude, but you need to hire better tile artists and better mappers if you want this to look good... Oh well...

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Sorry for the absence for a bit, I've just started at Oxford and needed to get into the swing of things!

To the above poster: are you really basing your opinions on five or six screenshots - which I haven't updated in months - not having looked at the development blog or anything else to do with the project? We agree with you - the original things we had weren't of a high enough standard, which is why we altered them and changed the map layouts, and other things. The "new team" is in fact the old team - I've been at Acanthite for seven years now. We feel the spirit, hence why we're actually producing something rather than sitting around and doing nothing like has been the order of the day for the past decade.

The FRLG style is outdated. Our tile artists are second to none. We have created a new look fitting with the world we wanted to create. The Pokémon designs are exactly the same as the ones you loved all those years ago - nothing has changed there. Commenting on the maps is premature as you have seen none of them. I don't think this looks offensive at all, and our community agrees with me.

I'd say to play the game and to engage a little more rather than criticising something for nostalgic reasons.

On which note, to all who are still following this thread, we are pleased to be able to announce that the demo version of Acanthite will be released on Saturday 22nd November, after nearly ten years of nothing happening. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do!

Have some screenshots to whet your appetite.

acanthitescreens.png

Last edited:

PokemonLunarVersion

Bringer of Nightmares
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 24, 2021
Cool game idea! I've always loved Team Rocket, glad to see they're back. : D
My favorite starter is probably the Fire-type, Kindlejou.
Keep up the good work.
I also like the idea of how the region is made up of mainly islands.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 5, 2016
Does anyone know If this is still being worked on. I have been following this Game for probably 4 years and only about 1 year ago learned of this restoration project. I would love too play this game.

Back