• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Ethereal Gates

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Fernling, The Hatchling Pokemon (Grass/Flying)

Votes: 829 41.2%
  • Kittorch, The Kitten Pokemon (Fire)

Votes: 814 40.4%
  • Bubull, The Hippo Pokemon (Water)

Votes: 370 18.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Oi, a bug in the new zone (Or at least new to me). You can pass the second hunbear with out fighting.

Cant post images or links because i have to do 5 post before...

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
That was an error with v1.1! We caught it extremely quickly and updated accordingly.

Best advice in this scenario is to update to 1.1.1! The correct link is on the first post of the thread!

Ah. I tried to download the link via Tumblr at the top of the page, but I get a phishing site warning from my antivirus program on Chrome.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 31, 2022
Aww, the Call feature was removed? Why? I thought that was a stroke of genius! Also, attack animations and the Shiny sparkle don't seem to be in this- I just found a Shiny Albaloo, and it didn't sparkle. That aside, though, I'm liking this new update so far! :)

EDIT: The Maggona redesign's pretty cool, and, I forgot to mention, same with Abdoscus. I noticed the Abdoscus redesign right away, having one on my team. And I love the new version of the "Pokémon healed" jingle!

EDIT 2: Got a bug to report- whenever I switch something in while Sticky Web's in effect, I get some error message instead of Speed getting lowered. Unfortunately, I didn't think to screenshot it, and have long since caught Grizlomb and saved the game, but it looked pretty much exactly like the one that happened with Pollinate.

Last edited:

pgimme321

King
Years
Hi everyone. So I'm like super new to the fan game and rom scenes and I was wondering if these games are easy to run? Like could I run them on a laptop?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 16, 2019
IS there anew password for the mystery gift? if yes, what is it. If no, when will the next one come out?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
Finished current demo and I must say: I LOVE THIS GAME.
I really like the fact that even though they're fakemon, most of them are animated.
Also really like the fakemon you came up with, with magnut being one of my favorites.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 16, 2019
I started a new game and finally got to the first gym. After multiple tries, My team keeps getting destroyed by barilbil's stomp and pride swivel. Why is stomp so powerfull, My fernling, is the same level, and after one stomp at full health, my starter lose almost a third of a quarter of health.

Her team is so powerfull for a first gym.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 31, 2022
I started a new game and finally got to the first gym. After multiple tries, My team keeps getting destroyed by barilbil's stomp and pride swivel. Why is stomp so powerfull, My fernling, is the same level, and after one stomp at full health, my starter lose almost a third of a quarter of health.

Her team is so powerfull for a first gym.

I think her Barilbil has Hustle, not to mention that it, as a Normal-type, gets STAB on Stomp. That Gym gave me grief, too- had to spam Double Team with my own Fernling just to stand a chance, and I think my Polbee's Stun Spore played a role as well. Second Gym was much easier, and I took it on before the update, so there was still a Mosachuset to deal with- Magnut is your best friend against that thing, take it from me.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
I think her Barilbil has Hustle, not to mention that it, as a Normal-type, gets STAB on Stomp. That Gym gave me grief, too- had to spam Double Team with my own Fernling just to stand a chance, and I think my Polbee's Stun Spore played a role as well. Second Gym was much easier, and I took it on before the update, so there was still a Mosachuset to deal with- Magnut is your best friend against that thing, take it from me.
Unfortunately you can't catch magnut before reaching the 1st gym, what worked best for me though was my ottum, since they don't evolve they have higher stats than most other pokemon you can catch at that point.
Peludillar is also a good choice at that point because of his "fur coat" ability, prevents more damage than the bonus from STAB gives.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
Yeah- Magnut would REALLY have helped in the first Gym, wouldn't it have?
Really would, since it's steel type and his ability would also work really great there, especially when using a steel type attack with power no more than 60, since STAB stacks on his ability.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 31, 2022
Really would, since it's steel type and his ability would also work really great there, especially when using a steel type attack with power no more than 60, since STAB stacks on his ability.

Yeah- that actually just makes Magnut work great in general, not just in the Gyms. STAB Technician Gear Grind is incredible- and my Magnut has an Adamant nature, too!

On another note, I hope the Fernling line will be able to learn Fly- I just realized, Volpant is my only Flying-type. Unless Magnut's evolution(s) pulls a Golurk on us, becomes a flying robot.

EDIT: Well, Volpant and Allerglen, but I'll be very surprised if Allerglen gets to learn Fly. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised all the same.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
Yeah- that actually just makes Magnut work great in general, not just in the Gyms. STAB Technician Gear Grind is incredible- and my Magnut has an Adamant nature, too!

On another note, I hope the Fernling line will be able to learn Fly- I just realized, Volpant is my only Flying-type. Unless Magnut's evolution(s) pulls a Golurk on us, becomes a flying robot.

EDIT: Well, Volpant and Allerglen, but I'll be very surprised if Allerglen gets to learn Fly. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised all the same.
Don't think allerglen will learn fly, with most flying bug pokemon being unable to learn fly (scyther for example).
There's also another flying type pokemon in game that most probably will be able to learn fly (avinch), makes it easier to make a choice on who to learn fly.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
It's kind of obvious that the best starter pokemon in this game is kittorch, with them gaining electric-type when they evolve.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 31, 2022
Don't think allerglen will learn fly, with most flying bug pokemon being unable to learn fly (scyther for example).
There's also another flying type pokemon in game that most probably will be able to learn fly (avinch), makes it easier to make a choice on who to learn fly.

Well, there's no telling- we can't just predict the usual TrollFreak logic here. That said, I can easily see Allerglen not being capable of learning Fly... Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see on that.

Speaking of which, if you are having issues with the first gym, setik's evolution maggona is a good pick! I used it on my first playthrough of the game and it's quite useful. Two layers of toxic spikes basically guarantees your victory so long as you can simply hold out the remainder of battle.

Man, Maggona's really been buffed in the update, hasn't it? I evolved my Setik all the way to Abdoscus before the update, and Maggona was hell to work with.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
Yep! Setik and Verdva are no longer counterparts. Verdva plays the role of the gen.1/gen.2 "quickly evolving" bug, while setik is now a more 5th gen esque "competitively viable" early game bug.
Verdva and Setik never really were counterparts since Verdva is grass-type while Setik is poison-type, seems to me that counterparts are equal instead of one obvious underdog.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 16, 2019
There are no other mystery gifts out at this time. Only the Barilbil(which will probably always be active), and HA/poison tail Setik, which runs to the end of this month.

Gifts will more than likely be run on a monthly scale. So expect a new gift around october 1st/2nd. (no promises though XD

Speaking of which, if you are having issues with the first gym, setik's evolution maggona is a good pick! I used it on my first playthrough of the game and it's quite useful. Two layers of toxic spikes basically guarantees your victory so long as you can simply hold out the remainder of battle.

How do I get the poison tail setik?

Back