• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pok?mon Exile [1.0 Beta Demo (Remastered, 8 hrs)]

Which fossil starter do you think will have the coolest Primal Reversion?

• Aurorus

Votes: 44 29.7%
  • Tyrantrum

Votes: 104 70.3%

• Total voters

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Ok, I've been doing some work on various bugs in the current demo, and I've put out a new patch/fix for the current 0.8 demo.
Here's the link to the patch:
Demo 0.8A fix 0.3 PATCH

To patch your current version, just copy/replace all of the items in the patch folder into your game folder.

Also, the core download has been updated to the 0.3 fix. Soon, I hope to also put up a mediafire core download by popular request.
That's all for now,
-PokeVec40

Alilatias

Bard by Trade
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
I've downloaded the game yesterday and I've been hooked enough to already make it past the 2nd gym. However, I'm often suffering from a rather crippling bug - after certain events, the 'follow' function is disabled. I actually ended up going from the start of the game all the way until Ixian Diglett quest before the follow function fixed itself (and then it proceeded to glitch itself out again upon fighting the Poison gym leader). This means I've lost out on a lot of pickup items.

Perhaps to fix this, there should be a button that lets you rotate your lead Pokemon, much like what Pokemon Melanite had.

---

EDIT: Now cleared the 4th gym.

I don't think Rock Climb should be required to enter or exit the Aborra Wilderness Area. Since you can set up a secret base in there, and that Abra can teleport you straight into it, I imagine people can get themselves stuck in there if they teleport there without Pokemon that can learn Rock Climb.

Last edited:

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
I've downloaded the game yesterday and I've been hooked enough to already make it past the 2nd gym. However, I'm often suffering from a rather crippling bug - after certain events, the 'follow' function is disabled. I actually ended up going from the start of the game all the way until Ixian Diglett quest before the follow function fixed itself (and then it proceeded to glitch itself out again upon fighting the Poison gym leader). This means I've lost out on a lot of pickup items.

Perhaps to fix this, there should be a button that lets you rotate your lead Pokemon, much like what Pokemon Melanite had.
Thanks for the heads up. During certain major events, your Pokémon being sent out should be suspended only temporarily. If you are in the game and your following Pokémon have been disabled, you can try going to Options and toggling "Disable Following Pokémon" off and on. In some instances this might not work, so I'll try to fix this for the next patch.
I don't think Rock Climb should be required to enter or exit the Aborra Wilderness Area. Since you can set up a secret base in there, and that Abra can teleport you straight into it, I imagine people can get themselves stuck in there if they teleport there without Pokemon that can learn Rock Climb.
Thanks for letting me know about this. I'll try to fix this for the next update. Hopefully you didn't get stuck. If you did, just let me know.

Glad to hear you like the game so far!

Alilatias

Bard by Trade
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
I actually liked the game so much I ended up clearing the entire game later that day.

I should note that the Secret Base in Route 8 is going to have the same issue with Rock Climb. To be honest, I don't think Rock Climb should be a required HM to exit or enter Route 8 either. Or Secret Bases should also come with a PC by default so you're allowed to swap out Pokemon while inside one. Or maybe you can implement items that act as replacements for HMs later on.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
My number one complaint is about speed. The text could be fixed by doing like in the origional games, where you could press A and all the text for that slide goes up at once. Or, C in this case. On fast it's like being on the slowest setting. Running is almost useless, because you can't run. When someone walks off it takes forever to get off screen so you can move. When wild pokemon pops up, it's ten seconds later that you actually see the battle screen.

There's also the text being pink for the female friend, which is hard to read. And the character art could use some work...but then again, not sure if I could do better. I suck at drawing digitally.

Edit: Seems to have speed up. Not sure what was up with that.

Can I recommend a VS Seeker? Also, do you get an exp share?

Last edited by a moderator:

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Here's a hint of what's coming in the next update:
GUBj6zB.png

Route 15, the road to Mt. Inferno!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
I got a bike, and was using it to hatch eggs. Now that I'm off I can't let a pokemon out to walk with me. Is there a fix for this? And will we be able to use our old data for the newer version when it comes out? I just hatched the most amazing scyther. Those stats...

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
I got a bike, and was using it to hatch eggs. Now that I'm off I can't let a pokemon out to walk with me. Is there a fix for this? And will we be able to use our old data for the newer version when it comes out? I just hatched the most amazing scyther. Those stats...

If you go to Options while in the game and toggle "disable following Pokemon" on and off, it should allow you to let a Pokemon walk with you.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
Works! :D

Also. I didn't know that it would take a day before I could get pokemon I traded back at the club thing. I was going to evolve my Scyther, and I was still training it so I'll have to wait now.

Edit: I got my pokemon back as a Scizor, and it forgot all its previous moves?

Last edited:

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Works! :D

Also. I didn't know that it would take a day before I could get pokemon I traded back at the club thing. I was going to evolve my Scyther, and I was still training it so I'll have to wait now.

Edit: I got my pokemon back as a Scizor, and it forgot all its previous moves?
Yes, so the trade-swapping has some daycare mechanics (the trainer you trade-swap with will be training your Pokemon slightly), so new moves should be learned over time like in the daycare. I'll do some testing and make sure the game is not completely overriding the movesets though.

Alilatias

Bard by Trade
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
I did the trade swapping thing to get an Alakazam, and noted that when I got my Pokemon back, his moveset was pretty much entirely replaced by the 4 most recent level-up moves.

Having an Alakazam without a special Psychic move was pretty painful.

(I also noted that my Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam occasionally disobeyed me until I got the third badge, when he was around level 20-32. Come to think of it, it might have been the trade swapping that stopped him from disobeying me.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
Yes, so the trade-swapping has some daycare mechanics (the trainer you trade-swap with will be training your Pokemon slightly), so new moves should be learned over time like in the daycare. I'll do some testing and make sure the game is not completely overriding the movesets though.

Yet it didn't level at all. Still level sixteen. All four moves were replaced. Is there a move tutor? Because I haven't seen one so far.

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Ok everyone, big news!

Pokemon Exile now has the Elite Battle System (by Luka S.J. and others) implemented. Also, here is another shot of Route 15, which I just finished mapping. Route 15 has a special feature from the Hoenn Region that might be familiar to some of you. On this route, the player can collect ash from the tall grass and excavate for rare gemstones which can be used to make useful things like glass flutes and Secret Base Decorations!
7acSJje.png

Until next time,
-PokeVec40

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 29, 2017
game crashes at the begining after i beat the durant

Last edited:
Back