• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokémon Chion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 1, 2016
I don't suppose there's anywhere to follow updates on this aside from this thread? I very much liked the little demo you provided and I'm rather excited to see the finished project. I must admit I'm a little sad at how short the demo was, but it was great nonetheless, hah.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
This is a beautiful game that is very original. I'm sure one day, you'll to complete it and when that day comes, I will be very happy. You're doing wonderfully so far.

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
I don't suppose there's anywhere to follow updates on this aside from this thread? I very much liked the little demo you provided and I'm rather excited to see the finished project. I must admit I'm a little sad at how short the demo was, but it was great nonetheless, hah.

No, actually there is not. Maybe I shall make a Facebook or a Twitter page. :)
Thank you!
Oh by the way, don't worry: the next demos won't be so short.

This is a beautiful game that is very original. I'm sure one day, you'll to complete it and when that day comes, I will be very happy. You're doing wonderfully so far.
Thanks! Your words mean a lot to me!

Last edited:

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
I played your game the other day and was really impressed with how original the idea is for the storyline. Just curious though, are you planning to make this like a typical Pokémon game (with gyms, etc.) or are you looking to make it more like a traditional RPG game that's more plot and character centered? Either way, what you have in the demo is awesome, keep up the great work! I'll be looking forward to more demos in the future.

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
I played your game the other day and was really impressed with how original the idea is for the storyline. Just curious though, are you planning to make this like a typical Pokémon game (with gyms, etc.) or are you looking to make it more like a traditional RPG game that's more plot and character centered? Either way, what you have in the demo is awesome, keep up the great work! I'll be looking forward to more demos in the future.

Thank you! Yeah, let's say that this will be more plot and characters oriented. Pokémon battles still have and important role though, otherwise it would not be a Pokémon game. Regarding gyms, elite 4 etc. I'm not planning to add them. Badges will be earned when completing specific tasks, though they won't be needed to use HMs. You will be provided special items instead.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
Really like this game, gives a lot more of the RPG feeling than most of the other pokemon games.
Also like that it has a completely new and original story which is not all about unicorns and rainbows but a bit more dark.

Ps. Not sure if it's a bug or intentional, but the rock that hides an ice gem keeps giving ice gems when I interact with it.

Last edited:

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Really like this game, gives a lot more of the RPG feeling than most of the other pokemon games.
Also like that it has a completely new and original story which is not all about unicorns and rainbows but a bit more dark.

Ps. Not sure if it's a bug or intentional, but the rock that hides an ice gem keeps giving ice gems when I interact with it.

Thank you, and sorry for the late reply.
Yeah, it's clearly a bug. Thanks for reporting it. ;)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
Thank you, and sorry for the late reply.
Yeah, it's clearly a bug. Thanks for reporting it. ;)
No problem, really like this game, so anything I could do as an unofficial DEMO tester to help so the game gets finished faster, is absolutely no problem.
Also, at some parts it gets very hard to figure out what to do, what to collect, where to go, so maybe it might be a good idea to make a "hint" button or something.
One last tip: remove the refrigerators from those broken down houses, they kind of ruin the setting you've got going at that point.

Last edited:
Years
I keep talking to the poochyena's body but all it says is that its not moving. I even have the essence.

oh wait sorry I didn't have all of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
No problem, really like this game, so anything I could do as an unofficial DEMO tester to help so the game gets finished faster, is absolutely no problem.
Thanks! It's a pleasure to see that my work is appreciated. :)

Also, at some parts it gets very hard to figure out what to do, what to collect, where to go, so maybe it might be a good idea to make a "hint" button or something.
Yeah, a lot of people complained about that. You know, this is my first "experience" as game developer, so it's hard to tell how much time the player should spend to figure out what to do, but I took the advice now. Thanks!

One last tip: remove the refrigerators from those broken down houses, they kind of ruin the setting you've got going at that point.
Well, I have not revealed this particular yet, but it doesn't matter: you see, the game is set in 1994 and people have left their houses not many years ago so... it was not unusual for them to have refrigerators at that time, I guess! XD

Thank you for your critiques!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
Almost 2 months since last update and last reaction, is this thread dead?

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Almost 2 months since last update and last reaction, is this thread dead?

I'm sorry, I've been busy in this period. The game's not dead at all, it's just advancing very slowly. I'm preparing an update, but first I have to reach an adeguate amount of progress before posting it. Be patient, it will arrive.

Thanks for your interest.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
Just to clarify there is no boy version correct, it features a female character the entire game?

Edit: Nevermind, I finished the demo and I know why. I'm doing a Let's Play of it which I will update this thread with.

Can't full screen it. https://gyazo.com/f584f934e5c2352520396028dbc7180a
I think I know what the problem is, you probably tried to full screen it before you pressed either new game or continue.
Usually got the same problem with games that use the same program.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 13, 2020
Waouh. I'm really impressed, the first fan-game, even game of pokémon who makes me go silent. It's really really different from the official game and even other fangame and I like it. Really short demo but who makes me want even more of it.
I'm wondering, do you intend on making the poke battle like the official or do you think on another system, another approach to match your game ?

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Hey! Thanks! I didn't expect to receive anymore feedbacks about this at this time. Well first of all I must apologize to everyone for my absence. Secondly I believe everyone here who is following this thread should be informed about the current state of the project. Actually this is an intense period for me, since I'm giving important exams which take away a large part of my time... as consequence the development has stopped for about a month.
I'm expecting to publish an update before the end of July, hopefully.
Thanks for your support!

Waouh. I'm really impressed, the first fan-game, even game of pokémon who makes me go silent. It's really really different from the official game and even other fangame and I like it. Really short demo but who makes me want even more of it.
I'm wondering, do you intend on making the poke battle like the official or do you think on another system, another approach to match your game ?

Thank you. I was thinking about adding a new combat system, but at the end I decided to stick with the classic one. Scripting an entire battle system would be too much for my actual capabilities. This is not a definitive decision however, I might change my mind in the future if I'll find more time to study scripting.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 13, 2020
You can go like this and hopefully, maybe someday someone will join you as a scripter and will help you make it real what's in your head about this :)
And don't worry, I think everyone is aware of the fact that Real life is more important than fangames :)
I'm on a french team who's making a pokemon fangame too, and all of us know that Real life>Project
BUT, we keep giving each others news, so as long as you make some post to show you're still there, it will be fine, I think :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back