• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Advice forum

Years
A lot of what I post is stuff requesting help, whereas whatever else is in whatever forum I post has nothing to do with that. I'm a bit fed up with this. I'm sure I'm not the only person who asks for advice, so I think it would be great to add a forum for advice.

Thanks.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
We already have a few threads that can give one advice. (I assume just general advice - you didn't specify a particular type) There's Dear Anonymous where one is free to politely vent/rant/reflect etc. There's also a Post your Problems Thread wondering around somewhere, probably Other Chat/Other Voting Polls. It might have died and/or been locked for one reason or another, so I'd do a bit of investigating, and if it's just died off I don't see why it couldn't be re-made.

Anyway, in reality...I don't think a whole forum dedicated to giving advice would hold much diverse content. I think a small handfull of threads does the job perfectly in providing people a place to ask/receive and provide advice, and so a whole section allocated to such would (for me) be a little redundant.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There aren't enough people that ask for advice now to justify a whole forum. There has to be proof that the forum would be reasonably active before it can be considered, and unfortunately "I would like it" isn't quite enough activity proof. :(

moments.

quixotic
Years
Again, depending on what advice you are looking for, you might be able to aim PM/VMs towards staff or members in the field which may be able to help you. Also, I notice you're a supporter which means you could make use of the blog to ask for advice more broadly.

Back