• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question Thread

Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?

• Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, you should probably go for something else.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nah, it's fine.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • WHA- The white version is the best! ^^

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If you register on the UK Nintendo Club, then I think you would have to change your console's location to Europe in the settings menu. You should be able to get some of the digital prizes by doing this, but you won't be able to get your hands on any physical goodies since they don't ship to Greece. ):

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
If you register on the UK Nintendo Club, then I think you would have to change your console's location to Europe in the settings menu. You should be able to get some of the digital prizes by doing this, but you won't be able to get your hands on any physical goodies since they don't ship to Greece. ):

Can they block my 3DS XL if i change it back to Greece afterwards?(I mean to not be able to open it)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't think they can. I have a friend who lives in a country that doesn't have access to Club Nintendo, and he's done the same thing with his DSi. Nothing seemed to have happened to him. If they wanted to ban his account (or his console), then they would've done it a long time ago.

Years
I don't think I've ever gotten the emblem for completing the retro gaming challenge or whatever it was called (I can't see the event topic anymore). I think I came in second place twice, too. Is it a mistake or for something entirely different?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Mmm, well... you're talking about the Arcade Week, right? Arcade Week seems to have four separate emblems. One for participation, one for first place winners, one for people who rank second place, and the last one is for those who place third. If you've gotten one of these emblems already, then unfortunately, I don't think you'll be eligible to get the same emblem again. D: If you've never even received any of these emblems, then I think the host must've forgotten to give it to you. The best thing for you to do would be to PM the host and tell them about it.

Years
I got the second place one now, but not the one for participation it seems. I'll PM LGDarm about this. (That is, if I don't forget about this later today)

I know I can only get the same emblem once, but I've never gotten the emblems before for participating. I hope I'm not coming across as a beggar or something.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I got the second place one now, but not the one for participation it seems. I'll PM LGDarm about this. (That is, if I don't forget about this later today)

I know I can only get the same emblem once, but I've never gotten the emblems before for participating. I hope I'm not coming across as a beggar or something.

You should really VM me if you're missing any emblems instead of posting here~ Just so that your problem will get resolved faster.

Anywho, Sorry about the trouble, I'll give your emblems as soon as I can.

Years
I just didn't see this as much of an urgent enough issue to VM, though I'll do that next time if I have some similar issue.

And thank you, that was quick!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If you haven't already, then you should definitely give Assassin's Creed a try. It's an action-adventure game that allows you to freely roam in an open world and jump around from one object to another, just like BackStab. There's a lot of game in this series, and my personal favorites are Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. The newer AC games (Assassin's Creed III, for example) games cost around fifty dollars, but the old ones are a lot less expensive.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Question 1: What Skylanders should I pick up for each element? I recently picked up Skylanders Giants for the 3DS and got Tree Rex, Cynder and Pop Fizz with it. Yesterday I found Sonic Boom for €4 so I thought I'll get it, it won't break the bank. What others should I pick up? I mostly want a Fire, Water, Mech and Earth(?) type, but am open to others from the other elements...

Question 2: Should I update my 3DS via System Update? One is running 6.1.0 -12E and the other is 6.2.0-12E. I've been saying no to the prompts constantly but I don't know if I should just bite the proverbial bullet...

Thanks in advance!

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
Years
I can't help with question one, but for question two, I don't see why not unless you are using some sort of flashcart.. Anything you are worried about specifically?

CliCliW

Years
I can't help with question one, but for question two, I don't see why not unless you are using some sort of flashcart.. Anything you are worried about specifically?

I have an R4i 3DS, but I tend to use it on my DS lite anyway.

Nothing I'm really worried about but from experience with phone apps they tend to be buggy after updates - this won't happen with the 3DS will it?

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Nintendo's going to push the update on you one way or the other, so unless it's absolutely going to break your flashcart and you have no other way to play it (which you do, your Lite), then I'd go ahead and let it update. Usually when gaming systems have updates there are few to no issues, especially minor ones.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If you play your games online, then you may be required to update your system at some point in the future. I was about to play Mario Kart 7 on multiplayer once, and if I remember correctly, I wasn't able to because my 3DS firmware was out-of-date. If you only play single-player though, then you probably wouldn't have to worry about a thing. As for Skylanders, I suggest you should get Bouncer, Hot Head, Thumpback, and Crusher. I have them all (well, a couple of these are my sister's, but she still likes to share them with me), and they're great!

Last edited:

CliCliW

Years
Nintendo's going to push the update on you one way or the other, so unless it's absolutely going to break your flashcart and you have no other way to play it (which you do, your Lite), then I'd go ahead and let it update. Usually when gaming systems have updates there are few to no issues, especially minor ones.

If you play your games online, then you may be required to update your system at some point in the future. I was about to play Mario Kart 7 on multiplayer once, and if I remember correctly, I wasn't able to because my 3DS firmware was out-of-date. If you only play single-player though, then you probably wouldn't have to worry about a thing.

Thanks! I decided after the advice to just Update them, I think the DS did it itself at some point cause I could've sworn ages ago it was on 5.2 or something. Oh well :) It's done now! :)
As for Skylanders, I suggest you should get Bouncer, Hot Head, Thumpback, and Crusher. I have them all (well, a couple of these are my sister's, but she still likes to share them with me), and they're great!

Again, Thanks! Yesterday I picked up Zap, Flashwing and Flameslinger, though I'll prolly pick Bouncer and hot head up at some stage. I've gone on a spending spree recently and have bought a ridiculous amount in a short span of time. I've been lucky too: While in Gamestop the other day picking up an Ignitor model I saw an earth elemental (which later turned out to be Dinorang) and the guy was too lazy to look them up so he gave them both to me for €4 :P And yesterday the same thing happened with Flameslinger on another Gamestop's computer, he wasn't on file so I got it as a buy one, get one free thing :D Yay lazy employees :P

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
best place to buy gamecube games so far no gamestops with them near me :(

I don't think GameStop sells anything PS2 or anything before that. (GC, GBA, XBOX etc.)

My advice to you, chum would be to hit eBay up or Amazon, both are incredibly useful in finding things that stores don't sell anymore.

Pikachuie

Go Seahawks!
Years
I don't think GameStop sells anything PS2 or anything before that. (GC, GBA, XBOX etc.)

My advice to you, chum would be to hit eBay up or Amazon, both are incredibly useful in finding things that stores don't sell anymore.

yeah i've relyed on ebay for most of gamecube games i bought adventure island on ebay for like 5 bucks for the gamecube :D

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
If their are any gamexchanges near you, could give them a try. My local one had a few sections dedicated to older console games, and a table for old hand-held games.

Also, yard sales.

Back