• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Glaceon:
-Blizzard
-Hidden Power (Ground/Grass)
-Baton Pass
-Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Specs

Only one thing with Baton Pass Glaceon can scout switch-ins with it
But you just do that with simply changing Glaceon immediately after it get's in...
You could change that with Wish or Shadow Ball, no need for Ice beam when it has Blizzard if hail team, otherwise I prefer Ice Beam over Blizzard...

You should keep Baton Pass in Glaceon if you have team that increase stats and then batton pass them to a sweeper..
The trick is thet you could Batton Pass on Glaceon to get some info and immediately batton pass to your sweeper or just keep Glaceon in for him to sweep....Otherwise no need for Baton Pass in Glaceon

Years
Only one thing with Baton Pass Glaceon can scout switch-ins with it
But you just do that with simply changing Glaceon immediately after it get's in...
You could change that with Wish or Ice Beam/Shadow Ball

You should keep Baton Pass in Glaceon if you have team that increase stats and then batton pass them to a sweeper..
The trick is thet you could Batton Pass on Glaceon to get some info and immediately batton pass to your sweeper or just keep Glaceon in for him to sweep....Otherwise no need for Baton Pass in Glaceon

AH the problem is i got Glaceon traded without Baton jump so that's out of option...

but Glaceon has a rather low speed... when i would use baton pass, wouldn't it get hit first?

Last edited:
Years
AH the problem is i got Glaceon traded without Baton jump so that's out of option...

but Glaceon has a rather low speed... when i would use baton pass, wouldn't it get hit first?

Glaceon with Timid Nature And Choice Specs(+50%Speed),252EVs on Speed
Can outspeed all pokemon with base speed 120....Also if you plan on Batton Pass Build, Glaceon will have a good amount of speed after a Ninjask Batton pass it some(Ninjask is just an example cause Ninjask is an OU pokemon and Glaceon an UU)

But you have Soul Silver so this is the only Glaceon you have for now so if it Hasn't timid nature...You can make him sth like Revenge Killer
-Ice Beam/Blizzard
-Hidden Power(Ground/Grass)
-Shadow Ball
-Wish

Years
Glaceon with Timid Nature And Choice Specs(+50%Speed),252EVs on Speed
Can outspeed all pokemon with base speed 120....Also if you plan on Batton Pass Build, Glaceon will have a good amount of speed after a Ninjask Batton pass it some(Ninjask is just an example cause Ninjask is an OU pokemon and Glaceon an UU)

But you have Soul Silver so this is the only Glaceon you have for now so if it Hasn't timid nature...You can make him sth like Revenge Killer
-Ice Beam/Blizzard
-Hidden Power(Ground/Grass)
-Shadow Ball
-Wish

ahah it's so hard to get the right moves if you get a pokemon only traded and you can't reproduce them XP cus I can't breed a new one with wish so this one will fall out too XD

Years
ahah it's so hard to get the right moves if you get a pokemon only traded and you can't reproduce them XP cus I can't breed a new one with wish so this one will fall out too XD

There are many topics in Trade corner someone will breed you one for something you can breed or a version specific :)

Years
[SIZE="a"]

There are many topics in Trade corner someone will breed you one for something you can breed or a version specific :)

Ahah yeah lol. I just wonder what i could give them then. Nowadays shiny and legendaries are so in question. Shiny are so hard to get. I just caught an onix in the wild by luck lol.[/SIZE]

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
What Pokemon takes physical damage as badly as Blissey does?

I mean, Blissey has outrageous HP yet wimpy Def. It can't take much physical damage. What are some Pokemon that take physical damage the same way Blissey does? Like, a Pokemon with obviously higher Def and less HP but in a way that it balanced and matches to the stats of Blissey. For example, Blissey falls after 3 Mega Punches. Which other Pokemon falls after 3 Mega Punches,from the same Pokemon, as well. It is actually because I like Blissey and I want to use it but I have another Pokemon in consideration and I want to see if Blissey take physical hits better or worse than it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
Your question confuses me. I skimmed and I'm just going to recommend using Eviolite Chansey or give Blissey some sort of recovery.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Uhhhh.

Anyway, use defense evs. With max defense, Blissey takes physical hits as good as max hp Spiritomb or Scizor.

No other pokemon can do Blisseys (or Eviolite Chansey if you want more overall bulk at the cost of Leftovers recovery) job as well as it on the special walling side.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
Woah! What's so difficult to understand buddy?! I ask for a Pokemon as physically frail as Blissey. Blissey is very frail and wimpy physically but her enormous HP kinda makes up for her Def. So is there a Pokemon just as frail as her?

@ Dark Azelf : Do you really think Blissey takes blows as well as Scizor or Spiritomb do? Because the latter two are kinda good defensively..

I found that out guys! Blissey is as frail as Mr.Mime,Aipom and Raichu! Exactly the same. Check it on a damage calculator to see for your own!

Last edited:

Domino™

free beer
Years
Whilst it's no where near as good as Blissey, Weezing is a good physical tank. With a base 120 defense and a good defensive typing and an ability which takes away one of its weaknesses it can be quite good. Will-O-Wisp just makes it better because then it can cripple physical attackers, making it's defense seem even higher. Although I'm singing its praises I'm in no way saying that Weezing is a good Blissey replacement, because it isn't, it's just a nice alternative if Blissey's defense is too bad for you.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Elf is correct that standard Blissey (252 HP/Def EVs with Bold nature) takes physical attacks slightly better than standard Scizor (248 HP EVs with non-boosting nature).

Scizor: 394 Atk vs 236 Def & 343 HP (100 Base Power): 180 - 213 (52.48% - 62.10%)
Blissey: 394 Atk vs 130 Def & 714 HP (100 Base Power): 325 - 384 (45.52% - 53.78%)
(both from a Mamoswine's Earthquake as an example)

Snorlax, Wobbuffet, Lanturn, Hariyama, Wailord, and Drifblim are pretty similar to Blissey's high HP and low Def. Anything like Alakazam, Infernape, Gengar, etc. are much frailer than Blissey.

JustinWolfXIII

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Gen 5 Trick Room team

I want to build a Gen 5 team centered around double battling under a trick room and spikes I am having trouble with this despite having two pokemon already set in stone. The two are as follows:

Reuniclus
Life Orb
Magic Guard
Quiet
Moves:
Trick Room
Psychic
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball.
IVs: 31 SpA, 31 Def, 31 SpDef
EVs: 252 SpA, 126 Def, 126 SpDef

Scrafty
Leftovers
Moxie
Adamant
Moves:
Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Crunch
Ice Punch
IVs: 31 Atk, 31 Def, 31 SpDef
EVs: 252 Atk, 126 Def 126 SpDef

I think these are good starts but I am open to suggestions, note I am veteran breeder so while I will listen to suggestions I might go a different way with them due to my experiences. Also for those who dont feel like it I will gladly do breeding for any pokemon you wish

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
For Reuniclus, change its EV spread to 192 HP/64 Def/252 SAtk. Reuniclus is already naturally bulky with 110 HP.

Make Scrafty Careful or Sassy with the EV spread, 252 HP/8 Atk/248 SDef, and give it Rest over Ice Punch, since Dark + Fighting have good enough coverage already.

Other Pokemon you can consider for the team include Conkeldurr, Ferrothorn, and Gliscor. Conkeldurr does somewhat better in TR than Scrafty because of its higher Attack and lower Speed. And do note that not all Pokemon in a TR team have to be super-slow (since Gliscor is fairly fast):

Conkeldurr:
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Stone Edge
Nature: Brave
EVs: 120 HP/252 Atk/136 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Guts

Ferrothorn
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip/Protect
-Gyro Ball/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Gliscor:
-Substitute
-Protect
-Earthquake
-Toxic/Ice Fang/Protect
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal

or
-Toxic
-Protect
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang/Facade/Taunt
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe

or
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang/Facade
-Protect
Nature: Impish/Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe or 252 HP/184 Def/72 SDef

You also need a backup Trick Room user in case Reuniclus goes down, like Porygon2:
-Trick Room
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Trace

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I also suggest adding Psyshock over Psychic on Reuniclus, because you'll have more of a chance in encountering a Chansey during your TR period, and you want to kill it as fast as possible, though you could just fodder into Scrafty just as easily.

Anyway, I also suggest something that can hit hard physically right off the bat, such as Darmanitan with 0 Speed IVs and Brave @ Choice Band. Flare Blitz / Superpower / Stone Edge / U-Turn should wreck things rather easily. You can also consider CB Scizor as a nice add on to your physical side.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I have a Liligant and want ideas for a battle tower team.

Liligant @Miracle Seed
Own Tempo
-Pedal Dance
-Giga Drain
-Quiver Dance
-Sleep Powder

(this thing is a beast!)

I need 2 teammates for it.

I have a Heatran which seems like a good choice.
The biggest problem is Water/Ice pokemon that can threaten both of these guys. And Tentecruel can do the same with Water/Poison stabs. I don't have to use Heatran, but I do have one ready.

(also trained a drapion and mamoswine recently)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
On the Lilligant:

Replace Giga Drain with Hidden Power Ice in case you confront Gliscor. Use Heatran, but partner it with another water-type if you have one. Considering it's in-game play, a Lapras or Jellicent would do very nicely, since Jellicent also gets Water Absorb and with Heatran and Lilligant more being offensive Pokemon, Jellicent can act as your utility.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Snorlax might be a good team mate, takes ice and fire attacks like nothing thanks to thick fat and will solve that water/ice problem you said you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back