• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC: Moving Forward

Years
Well. This was an enlightening read going over this thread. In all fairness, I'm a pretty lousy member of this forum. Mostly just here to keep tabs on a couple fan games and hacks, never really reached out and tried to get to know anyone. Still, I've enjoyed my time on here. This whole issue is important though. I believe it can bounce back though, I don't see this as an end. It's a new beginning, and I've got faith in the admins to help that come along.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
It's been a while since I first learned of the issue, but I had to think long and hard about what I wanted to say. So, here are my two cents:

So long as the community (and specifically I by extension) are kept in touch about what exactly is going on in this transition, I personally don't have much issue with the way things seem to be moving forward. While I'm not the happiest that it took this long to get Steve to step down, I do understand that such things take time, as he does own the domain name (and this site by consequence), and the process of transferring it and the intact site is a bit dicey.

As for money, I personally don't care much about that stuff after it's spent. I just want to be reassured it wasn't used for some random purposes aside from keeping one of my favorite message boards open. Yeah, I've not posted actively for years, if you'd even call three posts a month "activity." Still, I contributed to keeping this place awesome as well as I could in my all-too-frequent absences from here. I still feel that, in some small part, my presence here has done good for others. So long as I still feel that it's worth contributing every once in a blue moon, I'll pitch in some so long as it helps.

It's been many years since I joined, and I've matured and taken strides to improve my life, but this community will always hold a place in my heart for helping me break past a dark point and arrive at a better place for myself. While most of my life's activities (or hobbies) have nothing to do with Pokémon anymore, I am still indebted to those who have given so much of their time in service to the cause of making a positive impact on our lives, however small it may seem.

Just keep up the holy work in restoring the credibility and strength of this wonderful place. I'll do what I can to support.

Last edited:
Years
So I've been away from PC for a while (for numerous reason) and just logged in today to check up on a few things. I'm gonna be coming back in a month or so and am so happy that, after hearing about this news, the community is gonna live on. I've made a lot of friends and have had so many good times on this forum I would be heartbroken to see it shut down. Really believe the new owners will do an amazing job, they're great people!

See everyone soon :P

Back