• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
What's the latest title update supported for this rom hack? I've tried ver 1.4 and couldn't boot the game.
As per the installation instructions, it doesn't support any of the updates. Several people have tried to make it work, but no one has succeeded in making all of the hack's features work with the updates. Seems to be an XY thing as ORAS and gen VII hacks work just fine with their title updates.

Are there any other methods to getting a lucky egg besides Coumarine City? Like the Happiny from Route 4? Want to be able to confirm whether or not it's possible to get one from them before possibly trying for hours.
Yep, wild Happiny have a 5% chance of holding them, as do wild Pelipper. Not sure which of the two is more common, but it's probably Pelipper.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Two questions:

a) Is there any chance we can farm heart scales in some easy way? Like a route with just pokemons with heart scales attached to them?

b) Have you thought on modify battle chateau so it's more fun? Because that "1 pokemon lvl 20" thing is so fucking dumb it's annoying, and even in the best scenario we get just 60 lvl pokemons. Hell, gym rematches are with 2 pokemons, and you have 6. What the ffing hell?

Anyway, I promised to upload some photos from my first journey ever in 3ds and XY, but men, I don't know how to take screenshots, let alone upload them, not without taking photos with my phone, too much newbie for me haha. But I've 6 badges and it's fantastic how you made the trainers. Every badge is just a hella of a challenge. Amazing, reminds me of Drayano Blaze Black, it's top notch quality and very creative. Hope to catch 721 in this first game I have on 3ds. Living dex :D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Two questions:

a) Is there any chance we can farm heart scales in some easy way? Like a route with just pokemons with heart scales attached to them?

b) Have you thought on modify battle chateau so it's more fun? Because that "1 pokemon lvl 20" thing is so ****ing dumb it's annoying, and even in the best scenario we get just 60 lvl pokemons. Hell, gym rematches are with 2 pokemons, and you have 6. What the ffing hell?

Anyway, I promised to upload some photos from my first journey ever in 3ds and XY, but men, I don't know how to take screenshots, let alone upload them, not without taking photos with my phone, too much newbie for me haha. But I've 6 badges and it's fantastic how you made the trainers. Every badge is just a hella of a challenge. Amazing, reminds me of Drayano Blaze Black, it's top notch quality and very creative. Hope to catch 721 in this first game I have on 3ds. Living dex :D

a) Yup! Luvdisc has a 95% encounter rate in Ambrette town (head south down the beach to get to the town's water) while fishing with an Old Rod, and will always hold a heart scale.

b) I was pretty lazy when editing the Chateau because there are just so many trainers there, so most of them just got a level increase. However, Gym Leaders and Elite Four members have full teams of six with custom moves, items, etc, and have multiple rematch teams. Their levels can be boosted further using the challenge writs, and Diantha's Chateau team starts at level 100. I still don't know if the writs can boost her levels above 100, but it was possible in BW2's challenge mode so I wouldn't be surprised if they could (if they can she'll be able to reach level 120 with a black writ of challenge).

If you're using luma you can bring up the Rosalina menu by pressing L+Down+Select, which will have an option to take screenshots. They'll be saved to luma/screenshots on your SD card, and from there you can upload them to imgur or something similar to get a shareable link to them. Thanks again for the kind words! Drayano's hacks are what got me into ROM hacking in the first place, can't wait for his Platinum hack to be finished.

EDIT: It turns out the writs of challenge actually replace any custom movesets on the chateau trainers with default level up moves, so they're not worth using if you're looking for gym leader rematches.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
a) Yup! Luvdisc has a 95% encounter rate in Ambrette town (head south down the beach to get to the town's water) while fishing with an Old Rod, and will always hold a heart scale.

b) I was pretty lazy when editing the Chateau because there are just so many trainers there, so most of them just got a level increase. However, Gym Leaders and Elite Four members have full teams of six with custom moves, items, etc, and have multiple rematch teams. Their levels can be boosted further using the challenge writs, and Diantha's Chateau team starts at level 100. I still don't know if the writs can boost her levels above 100, but it was possible in BW2's challenge mode so I wouldn't be surprised if they could (if they can she'll be able to reach level 120 with a black writ of challenge).

If you're using luma you can bring up the Rosalina menu by pressing L+Down+Select, which will have an option to take screenshots. They'll be saved to luma/screenshots on your SD card, and from there you can upload them to imgur or something similar to get a shareable link to them. Thanks again for the kind words! Drayano's hacks are what got me into ROM hacking in the first place, can't wait for his Platinum hack to be finished.

EDIT: It turns out the writs of challenge actually replace any custom movesets on the chateau trainers with default level up moves, so they're not worth using if you're looking for gym leader rematches.

Good to know both things. So its safe to asume hold items on wild pokemons are pretty much the same that on original games? And fantastic that we have the chance to have proper rematches against gym leaders.

Now Im using your methods for making screenshots, so now I have almost 10 goods pictures. When I have more I'll upload them.

And one more thing: In gbatemp some people found how to remove battle maison restriccions about legendaries, mythics and soul dew. How about putting that feature? Currently that discovery is for oras and usum. But I think it wouldnt be any problem. JustbI saw and thought it would be another great touch to exwy and usu, hacks

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Good to know both things. So its safe to asume hold items on wild pokemons are pretty much the same that on original games? And fantastic that we have the chance to have proper rematches against gym leaders.

Now Im using your methods for making screenshots, so now I have almost 10 goods pictures. When I have more I'll upload them.

And one more thing: In gbatemp some people found how to remove battle maison restriccions about legendaries, mythics and soul dew. How about putting that feature? Currently that discovery is for oras and usum. But I think it wouldnt be any problem. JustbI saw and thought it would be another great touch to exwy and usu, hacks

Yeah, the hold items are based on ORAS with a few extras. Details for the added items are in the "item changes & locations" document.

It'd definitely be nice to be able to use all the Mythical Pokemon in the Maison/tree, I'll see if I can find which file needs to be edited for XY. Looks like it's all figured out for USUM so that'll be an easy addition.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Fantastic, I hope you can do it, because I think it would be a nice touch to the game and make it even more unique within the hack roms (although making a XY hack, and having updated is the most rare thing lol).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 4, 2022
I have a question. What if after I installed this hack I wanted to install Vanilla Y or another hack of Y. Would this romhack be unaffected if I did?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I have a question. What if after I installed this hack I wanted to install Vanilla Y or another hack of Y. Would this romhack be unaffected if I did?

You'll only be able to have one version of Y installed at a time, as y and any hacks of it all share the same title ID. The best way to install the hack is as a patch over vanilla Y; they'll share the same save file (save backups make that a non-issue though), but you'll be able to remove the hack whenever you want by disabling or deleting the patch. If you install another Y hack, that will override either this hack or vanilla Y depending on how you install it.

If you want multiple versions installed at once, you could also install X and either leave that vanilla or apply other hacks to it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Well, what can I say? What a journey. It was my first experience with a 3ds game, and of course my first run with Pokemon X. And I can't believe how much I enjoyed every route and every challenge, part thanks to gamefreak for the amazing presentation of the 3d world, but most of the part for the gameplay value of having such a huge amount of pokemons, the fantastic choice of items on every town, and the choice of the trainers, oh my god. They were so great!

Legendaries here and there, a level scale sometimes rough but fair enough most of the time (which is a feat itself, because usually it's kinda difficult set a bar anticipated but you made it very great so props for that)and the choice of single doble triple and rotation battles was fantastic. I tested them in Blaze Black 1 but I didnt enojyed that much becuase the IA was clearly worse in that game so Dray had to put more levels to compensate the lack of smart choices. But here IA is better, and with a few tweaks (Surskit with sticky web, men fuck him haha, Kyogre drizzle too, are two examples that comes to my mind right now) everything felt much more smooth.

So...here I'm. At post game. Looking Battle Chateau, trying to fill the dex and taking a lot of pics, but sadly I don't have that much time to upload them, although they're on my 3ds, so in the near future I upload them. I'm sure you'll enjoy see a stranger in the other side of the world played the shit out of your hack. 55 hours took me. And men.....as I said. What a journey.

Congratulations for your hack

Pd: Just a tiny side note, Klefki in the e4, I'm suspicious that had that strange bug of attacking his own team, because in one moment I saw Paralized Empoleon or DIalga, I can't remember very good. But I didn't use any TW, and Klefki was there in the right corner with that malicious face standing there lol.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Well, what can I say? What a journey.

Thanks for the feedback! It really is great to hear back from people who've played the hack right through to the end. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much!
I'll definitely enjoy seeing those pics, no rush to upload them though.

I can't explain those paralyzed Pokemon, that battle is a rotation battle so Klefki can't target its allies even if it wants to (at least it shouldn't be able to).

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
I can't explain those paralyzed Pokemon, that battle is a rotation battle so Klefki can't target its allies even if it wants to (at least it shouldn't be able to).

Maybe it was a klefki in a triple battle on victory road? I'm sorry, my memory is kind of blurry. The only thing I'm sure it was a Klefki TWing his partners. But it's ok, besides that, it was a flawless run and it really is a very minor bug.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Maybe it was a klefki in a triple battle on victory road? I'm sorry, my memory is kind of blurry. The only thing I'm sure it was a Klefki TWing his partners. But it's ok, besides that, it was a flawless run and it really is a very minor bug.

Yeah it could easily be that, I'll take a look into it some time. Thanks for letting me know anyway!

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
BTW is there any way to make Eternal X compatible with online features without some heavy work?

Because I think is possible to delete Eternal X, get patch 1.5, use online features (Game sync and medals is what I'm kinda interested) delete patch 1.5, get Eternal X again....but is such a hassle. So is there an easier way?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
BTW is there any way to make Eternal X compatible with online features without some heavy work?

Because I think is possible to delete Eternal X, get patch 1.5, use online features (Game sync and medals is what I'm kinda interested) delete patch 1.5, get Eternal X again....but is such a hassle. So is there an easier way?

Unfortunately not. Quite a few people have tried to merge EXWY with the official update, but no one has managed to do it without removing a few of the hack's features. Seems to be an XY thing, as it's no problem to make the other 3DS games work with updates.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Its fine, I'm not thinking of using online features that much, but after the BW fiasco with Dream World I kind of want to use some of online things, just to try them. So I'll do it. Thanks!!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 9, 2023
Will this ever happen to have support for Citra?

I do understand that it has the same issue as vanilla XY does when freezing at the start, but its extremely easy to get around this. You quite literally only have to download an X or Y save file that's past choosing starters and paste it into the folder. They're available pretty widely, only a google search away. There's even a way to change your trainer info.

I've done this myself with the only decrypted .3ds rom I could find of these games and am playing it right now. The only downside is that the one decrypted file I could find happens to be Insanity Mode, which is going to be absolute hell trying to Nuzlocke ;-;

As someone who lacks the ability to get this on my 3ds and decrypt the game myself, Citra is my only option for these romhacks, and it's extremely unfortunate that I'd never get the chance to play if I hadn't chanced upon seemingly the only decrypted rom of this there is. As it is, I'd love for other people similar to myself to have a chance to play.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Will this ever happen to have support for Citra?

I do understand that it has the same issue as vanilla XY does when freezing at the start, but its extremely easy to get around this. You quite literally only have to download an X or Y save file that's past choosing starters and paste it into the folder. They're available pretty widely, only a google search away. There's even a way to change your trainer info.

I've done this myself with the only decrypted .3ds rom I could find of these games and am playing it right now. The only downside is that the one decrypted file I could find happens to be Insanity Mode, which is going to be absolute hell trying to Nuzlocke ;-;

As someone who lacks the ability to get this on my 3ds and decrypt the game myself, Citra is my only option for these romhacks, and it's extremely unfortunate that I'd never get the chance to play if I hadn't chanced upon seemingly the only decrypted rom of this there is. As it is, I'd love for other people similar to myself to have a chance to play.

There isn't really anything more I can do to support citra users, as sharing full ROM files isn't allowed here or on most ROM hacking sites. I did have a guide up that explained how to build a cia version of the game, but that received a DMCA notice and was removed from my Google Drive.

That said, if that decrypted rom you found can be unpacked and repacked while remaining decrypted, I'd be happy to write up a guide explaining how to merge the hack's files with it. If you'd like to try it the general process is as follows:
  1. Get version 9 of Asia81's 3DS hacking toolkit (available on github)
  2. Install it and use it to extract the ROM file, which will produce decryptedexefs and decryptedromfs folders
  3. Copy the "a" folder from the hack's files to the "a" folder in the "decryptedromfs" folder, making sure to merge folders rather than replace (replace is the default action on Windows 10 and is not what you want do here, so be careful with this)
  4. Copy the hack's code.bin file to the "decryptedexefs" folder, then rename it to match the existing code.bin file in this folder if necessary (sometimes the file is named ".code.bin" when the ROM is unpacked, and the hack's file will need to match this so it's included when the ROM is rebuilt)
  5. Rebuild the ROM using Asia81's toolkit

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Is there a way to disable the way the exp gains work? I hate grinding in Pokemon, and playing nuzlocke rules means I basically have to now and then. It's kind of why I like the exp share in gen 6 and 7 so much. Grinding is basically non-existent.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Is there a way to disable the way the exp gains work? I hate grinding in Pokemon, and playing nuzlocke rules means I basically have to now and then. It's kind of why I like the exp share in gen 6 and 7 so much. Grinding is basically non-existent.
You'd have to use pk3ds to double the exp gains so that they'd be back to normal. That would completely destroy the level curve, but you definitely wouldn't need to grind at all. Sorry for the slow reply!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
No big deal. Thanks for getting back to me. I usually just turn the exp share on when I need it and off when I'm on par level-wise. I don't like being overleveled. I just didn't want to take a whole bunch of extra time whenever something dies.

Back