• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
Years
Hey poccil, do you think you could do a caterpillar script, which is where multiple actors follow you like in Yellow or Diamond/Pearl.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Maybe you add pokegear from Gold/Silver/Crystal

-BlackShadow-

Shadow King
Years
  • Age 29
  • U.S.
  • Seen Jul 13, 2009
ERROR!!!!!!!

To add an item, use something like this:
Code:
Kernel.pbItemBall(::PBItems::POTION) # Item ID
Since adding the item may fail, this script statement should normally appear in a "Conditional Branch" event command.

To add a Pokemon, use something like this:
Code:
Kernel.pbAddPokemon(::PBSpecies::CASTFORM,25) # Species ID and level
Adding a Pokemon may also fail, so this statement should also appear in a "Conditional Branch" event command. You can modify that function, which is located in PokemonUtilities,
to remove the messages.

I Get An Error When I Try To Add A Pokemon(Charmander)This Is What Is In My Error Log...
(eval):2:in `command_355'compile error
(eval):2: syntax error
ANDER,5) # 004 and 5
^
(eval):2: syntax error
ANDER,5) # 004 and 5
^
Interpreter 7:272:in `command_355'
Interpreter 2 *:211:in `eval'
Interpreter 7:272:in `command_355'
Interpreter 2 *:211:in `execute_command'
Interpreter 1:199:in `update'
Interpreter 1:113:in `loop'
Interpreter 1:204:in `update'
Scene_Map:49:in `update'
Scene_Map:47:in `loop'
Scene_Map:60:in `update'
Scene_Map:15:in `main'
Scene_Map:12:in `loop'
Scene_Map:19:in `main'
Please Help. Please Tell Me What I Am Doing Wrong...

Last edited:

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Poccil, can you add support for the female background for in battle like you have with the trainer card? Thanks :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Wow! This is great man.

But I do have a request, to make it more friendly for us. The thing is, there are about 50 scripts in the game, and anyone with little knowledge of scripting, it's a maze.

Could you like make a Readme file (or better yet, make one "script" that explains every script in the project) that tells you what every script does, which scripts you should CERTAINLY NOT EDIT, which scripts let you choose a Pokémon, etc.
That way, people like me can actually do something with this.

Cause seriously? This is GENIOUS. I mean, its freaking Pokemon!!! No more "almost real" stuff, this IS the real stuff. I LOVE YOU!!!! XD

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
-BlackShadow-:

You may need to break the code into lines like:

Code:
Kernel.pbAddPokemon(
::PBSpecies::CASTFORM,25)

It's because the interpreter adds new-line characters to the script and may misinterpret the script afterwards.

Last edited:

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
I made a new version of Poccils latest release. I removed worthless files which saved some space and inserted the Code that will let the PokeGear work (iPod only atm)

Download Here

Enjoy ;)

EDIT: Alright, the PokeGear wont work which means that Poccil changed the way scenes are loaded because he helped me insert that into my Game but it's in an older release of Poccil's Kit. Poccil, if you could continue working on your Pokemon Essentials using what I have uploaded that would be great because it doesn't contain unused files and is better (I think so anyways) Just an idea ;)

Last edited:

Sizzle3003

Cows = Cool :O
Years
I made a new version of Poccils latest release. I removed worthless files which saved some space and inserted the Code that will let the PokeGear work (iPod only atm)

Download Here

Enjoy ;)

EDIT: Alright, the PokeGear wont work which means that Poccil changed the way scenes are loaded because he helped me insert that into my Game but it's in an older release of Poccil's Kit. Poccil, if you could continue working on your Pokemon Essentials using what I have uploaded that would be great because it doesn't contain unused files and is better (I think so anyways) Just an idea ;)

Well I can't wait till the pokegear is completly finished cuz I really need ^^

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
New2Ya, in response to your request, I have started documenting each script in the game.
I have uploaded an incomplete version of this documentation at:

http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/scripts.txt

Please note that the file will be updated as I document the scripts more and more.
Thanks man! I dont know how to thank you for this starter kit. It's beyond my expectations, and frankly, I thought it would never be done.

I love the resolution resize to the GBA-size, it looks sexy. xD

Few things:
- battle animations, can they be added by ourselves or were you planning on doing it in the future yourself?
- when leveled up at the end of a battle, it doesnt show the Pokémon with the next level. Only after the battle, the number 20 has changed into 21, for example. Its not important, but who knows what kind of perfecionist you are. :P
- Pokémon do evolve like Pikachu with the stones, but they dont when leveling up. I know this is a in-production-project, but you never know, maybe you forgot about it.

To sum it up though; you're a God.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
There isn't yet a mechanism for custom battle animations. However, the Pokemon Essentials distribution contains an animation editor for creating battle animations. I encourage users to create animations with that editor and send them to me, so that I can best determine how to add them to the battle system.

Actually, evolution through level gain works perfectly, according to my latest tests, namely Charmander, Pidgey, and Squirtle. If the problem occurs in a different case, then send me a private message.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
There isn't yet a mechanism for custom battle animations. However, the Pokemon Essentials distribution contains an animation editor for creating battle animations. I encourage users to create animations with that editor and send them to me, so that I can best determine how to add them to the battle system.

Actually, evolution through level gain works perfectly, according to my latest tests, namely Charmander, Pidgey, and Squirtle. If the problem occurs in a different case, then send me a private message.

Actually, I tried to level up Squirtle by battling and when Squirtle reached lv 21 (since you give it to us at lvl 20) it just came up with an error saying thats its level is higher than expected or something and also, Rare Candies do not activate Evolution but don't bring up any errors ;)

Hope you can look into this :)

EDIT: Here is what the errorlog had to say:

Code:
Exception: The new level (20) is less than the Pokemon's current level (21), which shouldn't happen.
PokeBattle_Battle:1458:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:1395:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:1395:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:1364:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:1364:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battler:1447:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:1678:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:1677:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:1677:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battle:1788:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:1787:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:1787:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:212:in `pbStartBattle'
PokeBattle_Battle:211:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battle:211:in `pbStartBattle'
PokeBattle_Battle:195:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle:219:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonTrainers:92:in `pbTrainerBattle'
PokemonTrainers:91:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokemonTrainers:91:in `pbTrainerBattle'
(eval):1:in `command_111'
Interpreter 2 *:37:in `eval'
Interpreter 3:263:in `command_111'
Interpreter 2 *:37:in `execute_command'
Interpreter 1:199:in `update'
Interpreter 1:113:in `loop'
Interpreter 1:204:in `update'
Scene_Map:96:in `update'
Scene_Map:94:in `loop'
Scene_Map:107:in `update'
Scene_Map:62:in `main'
Scene_Map:59:in `loop'
Scene_Map:66:in `main'
Main:41

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I really hate burdening you but if its not to much to ask do you think you could add another encounter type, like a headbutt tree, and maybe like a tm or hm for it? if its not too much to ask, i dont know how hard it would be but it would be greatly appriciated.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I have solved the problem with evolution and Rare Candy. In the
script section PokemonItems, go to line 696 and change this:
Code:
   newspecies=pbCheckEvolution(pokemon,item)
to this:
Code:
   newspecies=pbCheckEvolution(pokemon)
The first line mistakenly checks whether the Pokemon evolves
with Rare Candy, which is the case for no Pokemon species.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
cool that helps.

also there is this glitch, which i dont know if you can fix or even it everyone has it but when i jump ledges or surf, this is what happens after i do so.
jumpproblemon7.png

I don't know if it can be fixed. See my feet showing on the bottom.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I've found a fix: In the script section Game_Character 1, redefine the method screen_y as follows:

Code:
  def screen_y
    y = (@real_y - self.map.display_y + 3) / 4 + 32
    [b]if jumping?[/b]
     if @jump_count >= @jump_peak
       n = @jump_count - @jump_peak
     else
       n = @jump_peak - @jump_count
     end
     return y - (@jump_peak * @jump_peak - n * n) / 2
    [b]else
     return y
    end[/b]
  end

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
now that really helps it was getting annoying being like 3 pixles below the NPC and stuff. Thank you so much.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2007
Poccil, no one here can thank you enough! I was sceptical that the system could be good before I tried it, but you have covered seemingly everything (to the non-coder eye). Even such things as not being able to catch trainer pokemon. Is this system ready enough to start making a game with? If anyone could answer I'd appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back