• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Shinigami*

死神
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2007
I have a quick question

(Duh, that's why I'm here -.-);;

Anyway, I know that using scriptED I can make text longer, thus the program automatically searches for a place to put the text, however, it keeps popping up in incovenient places, is there anyway I can choose the position of the text?

- Thanks in Advance ^_^

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2009
I need help on this:

1. How can I edit the Fire Red Male front sprite?
2. How can I edit the Fire Red Male Back sprite like in the battles where he throws the pokeball?

I want to edit him to look like me, so how can I do it?
Which program or in UNLZ.GBA, what number?

Thanks.

You can find the fron sprite in UNLZ.GBA, im not sure what number, though

the back sprite is uncompressed, so youll have to look in TLP

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
I am trying to index sprites but i get a background colour behind and if i try to use tranparency it says it is not indexed

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
This is for FireRed.

Okay, I want to change palettes, and I have done so for all the tiles who are un-animated. I have changed the palette of the first grass frame, but when you walk on it, it looks like Game Freak's palettes. How can I change the palette of those other frames in animated tiles?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2010
I'm not sure if this has already been asked but i couldnt find one with search.

where can i get a good working text editor. poketext is crap and my advance text wont work because im missing comctl32.ocx or something.

Steps for finding missing files;

1) write down the file name

2) www.google.com --> search the file name ( exm; comctl32.ocx )

3) download the file

4) place is it in the winzip file of A-Text.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
No, once it's downloaded put the file in your ROOT\WINDOWS\system32 and try to run the program again..

ShadowElliot

Wooper
Years
  • Age 30
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
I need help on this:

2. How can I edit the Fire Red Male Back sprite like in the battles where he throws the pokeball?

Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2009
How do i insert the Diamond/Pearl Boy And Girl Back Sprite for Battles into Fire Red also when you are choosing a boy or girl

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I need help on this:

Thanks.

1. I'm doing this on memory, FR's trainer's number in UnLZ-GBA is 1634. Look around that place.
2. No idea. Been trying to find that one myself.

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
How can I edit this text?If its in unLZ what number and pal?FireRed.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I need help on this:

Thanks.

2. Use TLP or Tile Molester and search for them. The backsprites are somewhere at the end.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
How can I edit this text?If its in unLZ what number and pal?FireRed.

There's an UnLZ number for both the text of Game Freak and the logo behind it. UnLZ's number for Game Freak is 210, I think, and the logo is the next one after (211). I don't know which Palette though, sorry.

Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2008
Fire Red---------
I was wondering if i could get a link to some custom tile sets and could anyone give me a list(if there is one) of the script codes in fire red?

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2023
how would i hack leafgreen at the start where prof.oak gives you the pokedex,how would i change that so he would give you a national dex? and then for where you would get the national dex, to get a MEW that obeys you? thank you

and what tools are needed? thanks again

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2007
help for ruby

hey everyone io was just wondering if it is possible to change professor birch at the start to another sprite and also the pokemon that he show??
Please help

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
hey everyone io was just wondering if it is possible to change professor birch at the start to another sprite and also the pokemon that he show??
Please help

You can edit Prof. Birch's sprite with TLP or Tile Molester.

i have two questions:
1) how do you edit the intro
and
2) where can you download AdvanceText
please and thank you

1. You mean the titlescreen or the intro at the start? For the titlescreen the way to edit it in R/S/E is different than FR/LG. Which ROM are you hacking? For the intro you can find the pictures with the text in the intro in unLZ and edit them.

2. Download it here.

Attack_of_the_Turtwig

Super Turtwig
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2007
OK, I am trying to edit the intro where Professor Birch is talking on Pokemon Emerald, and also, I downloaded Advance Text but I cant figure out how to use the search.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Well, I asked this question once before but I got no answer so I hope someone will have the answer this time.

Anyway, I was wondering If anyone knows the hex offset for Nidoran(F) in the beginning where Prof. Oak talks? I really want to change this, it's very important to me.

Thanks in advance,
Hiidoran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back