• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon CAWPS. COMPLETED!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 10, 2020
I figured it would be the unexplored town next. Normally I would explore but...tentacool sea x_x. At Sootopolis go to union cave. This hack is fun, ending was a bit overpowered. Felt there should have been something in between wally and the devon corp part. Also choices on killing or arresting would be nice (poor shelly). I'm going to go and try outlaw now, might be a bit difficult for a bleeding heart like me but its bound to be entertaining. My favorite part was the mimicy circle because there was no difference except a guy saying they were sad lunatics (aka stating the obvious)

next hack should totally have a gastly or larvitar as a starter :3

The Annoying Rollout

You already know it
Years
I figured it would be the unexplored town next. Normally I would explore but...tentacool sea x_x. At Sootopolis go to union cave. This hack is fun, ending was a bit overpowered. Felt there should have been something in between wally and the devon corp part. Also choices on killing or arresting would be nice (poor shelly). I'm going to go and try outlaw now, might be a bit difficult for a bleeding heart like me but its bound to be entertaining. My favorite part was the mimicy circle because there was no difference except a guy saying they were sad lunatics (aka stating the obvious)

Where on earth is Union Cave and Tentacle Sea?

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I only played it for a few minutes, but this one really brought a good smile to my face so far due to how great it is (in terms of how it took a different approach and it's pretty fun). Considering that you mentioned how hard it is to hack Emerald, the struggle is really worth it because so far I'm enjoying it.

There are some typos and grammar errors, but I don't know if this is the final release so I don't know if you're planning on fixing them, and I'm okay with pointing out some of them. Also, maybe it's me but there are some beeps when some of the music is playing, which you might need to take a look at this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=217054
However, it could be due to the ROM I had though and not the hack.

Overall, well done and I really hope you can make more updates for it. I would come back and continue it but that will be on a later date due to personal activities and I got an ongoing challenge. Great hack though!

Also, are all Gen 1-3 Pokemon catchable in this?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 10, 2020
Union cave is in sootopolis, on the left side go up. Tentacle sea is just what I call the sea in hoenn, too many damn tentacools

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
1. its not called union cave
2. theres an old man blocking the way?

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
1. its not called union cave
2. theres an old man blocking the way?

Did you remember about what Steven told you about dive and team aqua(assuming you've done the mossdeep event). Perhaps you should look for something underwater.

I only played it for a few minutes, but this one really brought a good smile to my face so far due to how great it is (in terms of how it took a different approach and it's pretty fun). Considering that you mentioned how hard it is to hack Emerald, the struggle is really worth it because so far I'm enjoying it.

There are some typos and grammar errors, but I don't know if this is the final release so I don't know if you're planning on fixing them, and I'm okay with pointing out some of them. Also, maybe it's me but there are some beeps when some of the music is playing, which you might need to take a look at this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=217054
However, it could be due to the ROM I had though and not the hack.

Overall, well done and I really hope you can make more updates for it. I would come back and continue it but that will be on a later date due to personal activities and I got an ongoing challenge. Great hack though!

Also, are all Gen 1-3 Pokemon catchable in this?

Remember, I'm putting typing in a lot of text and I'm only human, so some typos are likely to be missed. From what I've done,

I'm aware of sound corruption issues in Emerald and the proper offsets to use. Unfortunately, I wasn't made aware of this until I had made some progress making the hack(when I was about 5-15% through; pretty early in the hack), so there may be some minor sound problems in some of the maps. However, this should be a very minor issue that wouldn't have much effect on most of the music.

I'm unlikely to many many/any more updates(unless someone finds a serious bug), mainly because I'm likely going to start working on another hack soon(not to mention real life crap I have to do).

Many of them are catchable, but not all. This game is in Hoenn, so I wanted to make this game Hoenn focused. However, there are more gen 1/2 pokemon available in this game then there would be in Pokemon emerald.

You're right on this part.

If you think this ending was overpowered, you're gonna HATE Outlaw's final battle.

Larvitar and gastly? Hmm... Doesn't seem like too bad of an idea.

Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Oct 31, 2016
Hey Crizzle, it's me again,

Just wanted to say thanks for making the Hack. It was really fun. When I was going into the final area, I saw I needed to head into grinding cave to level up, and I saw level 50s in the cave, so I was like shit, better get my entire team up to level 60! Went into the final area, faced the final boss, and OHKOd the Final Poke of the final boss w/ explosion B) It was so cool. I was way too over-leveled, my Zangoose was lvl 61 and I just used one swords dance and OHKOD the entire final bosses team up until the final one (Which I let live so I could explode all over its face).

So I guess the moral of my story, is if anyone sees this who hasn't completed the hack, you only need early level 50s to easily get through the final area, don't over level, its a waste of time.

Also 24 rare candies by the end of the game. They helped.

Thanks for the hack!

- RLCLONED

(Please make another, you're the fucking man)

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Jesus Christ that final battle was tough. glad i didnt nuzlocke this one (though honestly my pokemon rarely fainted so it mightve been easier lel)

My final team was Umbreon LV 52, Jolteon LV 51, Aggron LV 50, Arcanine LV 51, Dragonite LV 56 and Nidoqueen LV 52

Nidoqueen was overpowered all throughout, as a nidorina it learned sludge bomb really early in dewford and when it evolved at lilycove it got STAB earthquake. Umbreon was also my only weapon against a certain pokemon on the final boss's team

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Hey Crizzle great hack as always \o/ just wanted to know if you could help me out ?
I don't own a computer but usually can patch games my MyBoy on android but this patch doesn't seem to work for me cause once i take a step out of the truck at the beginning it restarts the game...
But keep up the good job and i hope you'll make a new hack cause yesterday, you sir, made my day by releasing this hack fully finished !
See ya around
Sehiko

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 10, 2020
Couldn't get through outlaw, too many rape jokes and was too much like firered with a mature dialogue. Can't wait for a new hack, I shall be stalking. @Sehiko try patching with a different emerald rom?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 28, 2021
Great to see a new rom hack Crizzle!
I'll be sure to record and upload it again haha.

Aland_Kurdee

Asprant
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Aug 9, 2019
I love both of your roms, and even if you like bragging or not don't be down on yourself. You have great people supporting these games and you are a part of the community <3

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
After you defeat Flannery and Magma Admin Jim, where do you go next?

Where have you not been in the Hoenn region?
Try going through Fiery path to get to Route 113 and Fallarbor town.

Great to see a new rom hack Crizzle!
I'll be sure to record and upload it again haha.

Arcpulse! I very much enjoyed watching you play Outlaw on youtube! Itd be great if you played CAWPS too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 28, 2021
Btw Crizzle,

Is it just like Outlaw in the sense that if you randomize the game (granted if you can), that it won't work well? I'm just curious.

Back