• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
I do custom saves, I might be able to help you out. Shoot me a PM.

Thanks! Although, if you don't mind, we don't have the amount of eggs we are looking for yet (we are almost there) so I would probably have to contact you within a month.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 23, 2016
I have VGA and i downloaded the emerald HARD patch. But I can't get it to work. I have the original rom and i named them to the same file name like i read to do. When I went to open the file on VGA, there was only one file to open. So I thought it worked. But when i started playing through the game, I realized that its just regular game.
I did go to the options and turn it to auto patch and all. :(

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
Could anyone tell me if I'd be able to use a GBA link cable to trade between FireRed Omega on an EZ Flash Cart IV and an actual copy of FR/LG? I want to play Omega really badly, but the fact that you can't complete the game because you can't get the other two starters will drive me nuts.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
Could anyone tell me if I'd be able to use a GBA link cable to trade between FireRed Omega on an EZ Flash Cart IV and an actual copy of FR/LG? I want to play Omega really badly, but the fact that you can't complete the game because you can't get the other two starters will drive me nuts.

If not you could use PokeGen to transfer/copy the pokemon between save files.

dezMarthn

1st Gen. Master
Years
Hello everyone! I would like to know if some people here knows how to, and if is up for some wi-fi battles with RBY-GSC roms?

I know there are a couple of simulators, but it's not the same. You know what I mean.

Currently, me and another 2 friends are making ingame teams. Train and battle with pokes that we just like, not THAT competitive and stallish stuff :)

Just in case, if someone is intererested and want more info about it, you can ask everything here. Also, my skype name is: depcyuzala.

Best regards.

I'm into the same thing! I just discovered a way via Emulation and online connecting, but it ain't hard, are you up for some online battles? :D

My skype's dezmarthn.999, I'll add you as soon as I can :)

Hamha to everyone! I just wanted to know if there's anyone here up for some battling/trading in R/B/Y? I use tGB dual and Hamachi, if there's anyone who'd like to play online, PM me or reply! I've searched everywhere for trainers! Hope to get some luck here haha!

Greetings to all! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

o.0

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 18, 2014
deleting save data by doing it from the game or deleting the save in the folder

I made a pokemon platinum randomizer but i want to start it over. Will both options i stated in the topic let me start the game over or is there a different route i must go to delete the save data. thanks. Will there be any problems if i delete the data or do i have to get a new Rom. Thanks. I am using No$GBA

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I made a pokemon platinum randomizer but i want to start it over. Will both options i stated in the topic let me start the game over or is there a different route i must go to delete the save data. thanks. Will there be any problems if i delete the data or do i have to get a new Rom. Thanks. I am using No$GBA

Merged your thread with Emulation Questions since this is where it belongs. Since your "randomized" platinum is a normal ROM, deleting the save file from its folder or starting a new game should both work fine.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Is there a way to transfer my desmume save to openemu (on mac)?
This is completely possible with most recently emulators in general these days, just put all the files where they go (the save goes in game saves, drag the ROM into the library, etc.).

OpenEmu uses the same exact emulator as a core, so this should be pretty much the same as transferring between two copies of the emulator outside of putting things in different places. I'm pretty sure this is a rule of thumb that can be used with the others as well, I've transferred FireRed saves over myself for testing purposes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 6, 2014
Help needed please (android emulator trade)

Hey! I'm new in the forums and I'm not sure if my question/concern goes here. Feel free to move it if it isn't.

Anyway, my brother and I bought the MyBoy and MyOldBoy emulators. We've tried several times to trade, but every time it tells us to "Locate game", and when we click on it, it sends us back to the locate game screen. We tried him being bluetooth server and me being client and the other way around, but nothing happens and we can't get past that screen. Can someone explain how to trade on android phones?

My brother has Pokemon Silver and I have Pokemon Crystal, if that helps. I've never really traded before (not even with the physical games) so I don't really know about trading.

I hope you can help me out! Thanks!! :D

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
Can anyone help me out as to how to play bigger ROMs (like Flora Sky or Glazed) on an EZ Flash IV? I've read around and the ideas I've been given don't work (trim the ROM using GBATA, save it to NOR, save it outside of the GBA folder, update firmware). When I click the games they always say "PSRAM is not enough". Can anyone explain to me what's actually going on? I know it's possible to play these games on flash carts.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 19, 2022
Hey, this is my first time making a hack rom and I've run into a couple issues with scripting
To start I went through littleroot and removed all events when i remastered the town but when i loaded up the rom on my emulator it went through the basic intor of setting the clock
Normally this wouldn't bother me but it keeps walking me into a wall and then my character gets stuck
Secondly I have used XSE and PKSVUI to build my scripts, but whenever I load them into AdvancedMap and then check to make sure they were imbedded the character has a blank script
This has been driving me crazy and I would would really appreciate some help.

Cornflowerblues

Waterdancer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a working link to a 3DS emulator download...
I'm (unfortunately) using Mac OS X and the only Mac-ones I could find require you to give away your phone number...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a working link to a 3DS emulator download...
I'm (unfortunately) using Mac OS X and the only Mac-ones I could find require you to give away your phone number...
There is no working 3DS emulator that can play commercial games.
There's an in-progress emulator called Citra, but it's far from being able to play anything.

Back