• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I really want it but I have so much else that I'm playing, so I just can't throw another long RPG on the "to play" pile. All the previews and vids I've seen have looked really fun though - the combat system, especially, looks really promising.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I uh... got the Wizard's Edition and played like 12 hours and then put it down before a midterm a few weeks ago and haven't really felt any desire to pick it up again since. And with Kingdom Hearts HD coming out in just over a week, it's probably going to be on the backburner for a really long time. :(

Most people seem to love it but I didn't really get into it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I uh... got the Wizard's Edition and played like 12 hours and then put it down before a midterm a few weeks ago and haven't really felt any desire to pick it up again since. And with Kingdom Hearts HD coming out in just over a week, it's probably going to be on the backburner for a really long time. :(

Most people seem to love it but I didn't really get into it.
You didn't buy it just because it was so highly recommended, did you?

If so, I recommend putting it down for a few months or years and then playing it. It worked for me with a few games (Persona 4, .Hack//G.U., Super Mario Galaxy) and it might really end up helping you. It'd a great way to get into games you just can't get into, though there is the chance that you just won't like the game.

Cherrim

Years
I've been eyeing it and wanting it for years now. The only thing that stopped me from importing was that I'd heard the book was really text-heavy and didn't trust my Japanese to go that far. :( I have a feeling I might prefer the DS version so I'm considering buying that instead of playing the PS3 one now that I have a hard copy of the book anyway.

I'll definitely come back to it and it'll probably be a few months before I do so maybe that'll be a long enough break so that I can appreciate it more when I get there.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah, if the game is the same on the DS, wouldn't buying the wizards edition of the PS3 version and a Japanese DS Ni No Kuni work, even if the game's in Japanese? But I really do wish they gave the DS version a chance along with the book, definitely would have paid for it, even if its a special edition.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Just a heads up, Assassins Creed 4 announced, October release date. After playing 3, I'm not holding up much hopes for this one. The PC version lacked a lot of polish.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Pirate's Creed looks cool, if not a bit tedious. I mean sure its awesome, but the annualization of this series is not cool. Its like if Nintendo gave us Zelda every year, same character trope, different eras, and sidequests, all in the same overarching story. Its just stale, and a purer example of what's wrong with the industry today.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Honestly I'm fine with another Assassin's Creed just as long as it's better than the last installment now.

Btw, anyone on here play Mass Effect 3 over Xbox Live anymore? Could use a few helping hands if anyone's up.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I'd get a pirate themed Assassin's Creed in a heartbeat. I still need to give the series a proper try, but since I waited for AC3 (and look how that turned out) I've been holding off.

Hopefully Ubisoft learns their lesson from 3.

Cherrim

Years
I'm really hoping for an East Asian one because I find all the Oriental cultures really interesting. I'd LOVE to play an Assassin in any pre-modern age of China, especially around the fall of one of the dynasties. Wouldn't mind Japan either but I think China would be more interesting. n_n;

Still haven't played AC3 and it's too early for me to think about another one right now so I haven't really given AC4 any thought yet. Boats and oceans don't interest me though--sounds tedious. I'll reserve judgment for when it actually gets close to release and we know more about it but for now it's not really high on my wishlist.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Somehow I never noticed the Video Games DCC before o.o

Not looking forward to AC4. It is too soon. Also not enjoying AC3 very much right now. The series needs a break. It's too much too fast and it is all very samey at this point. And the plot dynamic is taking itself too seriously.

I'd like to see something Asia-oriented, yes. But also maybe Spain?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I've said it before, but its what annualization does to franchises that shouldn't be annual. It makes them lose their sheen, and ultimately kills any excitement for it. Its the one series out of all the IP's to come out of this gen that should have been treated with care and a spaced out release period.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The announcement for AC4 really does feel too soon when they just released AC3 last year. Is it just me, or is Ubisoft slowly losing a bit of their respect to the gaming community ever since they delayed Rayman Legends?

Also, guys, has anyone seen this news: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/03/1...-for-infringement-over-glasses-free-3ds-tech/

I tend to question the individual who delays his/her action to sue a company for infringement.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Drag-On Dragoon 3 was confirmed a couple of days ago for the PS3, anyone else giddy? Nier was awesome, from what I tried at a friends house, and the first two are pretty awesome on the PS2. Definitely considering a PS3 more then ever now.

Sir Codin

Assassin's Creed is now pretty much Ubisoft's Call of Duty.

Anyway, Enclave is giving me trouble in Fallout 2. Whole base got alerted and now I have to fight everyone. Those damn turrets keep killing me.

Last edited:

Cherrim

Years
...everyone keeps buying the AC franchise when it comes out every year. It still makes tons of money with each release. That alone is enough reason for them to keep releasing them. Not only does it pad their wallet and give them an excuse to pump out more AC, but it also lets them funnel some of that money into other projects, be that new IPs or existing IPs that they want to tackle again but don't always have the budget for.

I mean, I'm among those who've stopped buying them every year. I used to get them on release day, for AC:R, I waited until Christmas... and I haven't even picked up AC3 yet. I don't even know if I'll buy it by the time AC4 comes out. But I'm only one fan out of thousands upon thousands. Even people who say "yeah, I'd prefer if AC didn't come out annually" are still buying it annually so they've really said a completely different thing with their wallet. u_u

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I've never bought an Assassin's Creed game but always been tempted. But my list of games is so backlogged...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back